Mykelti Lefau | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mykelti Lefau

As previously I reckon the belief here in Koschitzke is unwarranted.
He did very little with the hawks who offered him peanuts to stay and obviously think Chol the better prospect.
I wouldn’t say he has gone past Kos yet, but he has special skills and I expect him to perform well in the preseason and in the absence of Lynch and Sonsie, make himself hard to overlook.
I don’t understand this logic, sorry momentai.

If we are to believe that Kosy mustn’t be any good because the hawks don’t rate him that highly then why wouldn’t we believe that Lefau is no good because he is 26 and no one has ever drafted him?

The reality is whether players perform or not at particular clubs is way more complex than that

Reactions: 7 users

If we are to believe that Kosy mustn’t be any good because the hawks don’t rate him that highly then why wouldn’t we believe that Lefau is no good because he is 26 and no one has ever drafted him?

The reality is whether players perform or not at particular clubs is way more complex than that
yep, at this point in time Kosi has played 48 more games at AFL level than Mykelti.

I want him to get a spot on our list & hope he is a player but to suggest he is close to best 22 at thios stage is ludicrous.

Reactions: 2 users
I’ve seen him early on in his career at Richmond. Last years injury was costly but imo he is a bit like Young in that he came to the game late and even at 26, still has a lot of improvement left in him.

I think he will make it and is likely to play early.

Koschitzke might also turn out to be great. Let’s hope so.

Reactions: 3 users
I’ve seen him early on in his career at Richmond. Last years injury was costly but imo he is a bit like Young in that he came to the game late and even at 26, still has a lot of improvement left in him.

I think he will make it and is likely to play early.

Koschitzke might also turn out to be great. Let’s hope so.
Have you jumped off the Miller Moke?

The little snippets I saw of this guy at VFL definitely says he is above the level (in spurts). Would need to develop a lot and quickly but has upside for sure.

I can see it now. He's gonna debut against the Scats at Shitc*nt Stadium. He'll line up next to Dog Stewart before the bounce. Give him a big, friendly smile. "Hey, bru. Nice to meet you, ay. I'm gonna kill you." Dog spends the game hiding behind the point post, Lefau kicks 3 and cracks Cryan Diver's sternum in half.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
I can see it now. He's gonna debut against the Scats at Shitc*nt Stadium. He'll line up next to Dog Stewart before the bounce. Give him a big, friendly smile. "Hey, bru. Nice to meet you, ay. I'm gonna kill you." Dog spends the game hiding behind the point post, Lefau kicks 3 and cracks Cryan Diver's sternum in half.
Abyssolitis. A terrible terrible affliction. Every year there are victims.

Stay safe people…stay safe.

Reactions: 1 user
I love this story it warms my Tiger heart. A key position defensive forward that hurts people. A player that hurts the interceptors and possibly the ducking scum like Papley and others when we deploy him to other duties behind the ball. 😃

As previously I reckon the belief here in Koschitzke is unwarranted.
He did very little with the hawks who offered him peanuts to stay and obviously think Chol the better prospect.
I wouldn’t say he has gone past Kos yet, but he has special skills and I expect him to perform well in the preseason and in the absence of Lynch and Sonsie, make himself hard to overlook.
What special skills does he have? U mean skills as in fast, powerful and explosive? Rather than football skills?

Lefau kicks 3 and cracks Cryan Diver's sternum in half.
Geez, that might be dangerous. Bash ruffled Cryan with his beard a cuppla years ago n poor Cryan collapsed in a gibbering heap. If some random big ugly like Lefau actually crashed into Cryan they might need to roll the hearse down Moorabool St n do a lap of Krapdinia park.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Seems like Grimes is cooked so perhaps should do the right thing and pull the plug so we can give spots to both Lefau & Schofield. Then again I think even if cooked at AFL level he could still be valuable playing in the VFL and teaching the kids on field.

Seems like Grimes is cooked so perhaps should do the right thing and pull the plug so we can give spots to both Lefau & Schofield. Then again I think even if cooked at AFL level he could still be valuable playing in the VFL and teaching the kids on field.
Can't see Dylan playing in VFL.
If he's cooked I expect he'll make the call. Maybe do a Grigg before mid-season draft?

Of course it can be more complicated but in this case I don’t believe it is.

Tigers lose Riewoldt and before that Chol and Coleman-Jones. Himmelburg expected to sign but decides to stay at GWS.
Last year a diabolical performance by our forward line following the injury to Lynch,
who broke down a couple of times again later in the season, indicating just how difficult to repair his injury is.
Tigers have to respond and get someone in but no 1st round picks to help out. So we take best available for pick 50 odd, after 5 unconvincing years at bottom of the ladder hawks.

He is now a Tiger and I am hoping for a champion tall forward to emerge but just saying it is a very big ask.

Of course it can be more complicated but in this case I don’t believe it is.

Tigers lose Riewoldt and before that Chol and Coleman-Jones. Himmelburg expected to sign but decides to stay at GWS.
Last year a diabolical performance by our forward line following the injury to Lynch,
who broke down a couple of times again later in the season, indicating just how difficult to repair his injury is.
Tigers have to respond and get someone in but no 1st round picks to help out. So we take best available for pick 50 odd, after 5 unconvincing years at bottom of the ladder hawks.

He is now a Tiger and I am hoping for a champion tall forward to emerge but just saying it is a very big ask.
Maybe but we also have two coaches in Yze and Newy who have worked with him before and know his capabilities and potential.
I am not saying he will be a success or not only that making an assumption he won’t be because the Hawks didn’t rate him highly is not necessarily valid

Last edited:
Maybe but we also have two coaches in Yze and Newy who have worked with him before and know his capabilities and potential.
I am not saying he will be a success or not only that making an assumption he won’t be because the Hawks didn’t rate him highly is not necessarily valid
Agreed.

I reckon we know what we are going to get from Kosi and that is a hard working key forward that crashes packs. We gave that role to Miller but he just didnt have it in him.

A goal , a goal and half a game and him taking out a few defenders occasionally is what we are looking for.

I suspect our Lynch replacement for better or worse is in one or two of our early picks under 20 in next years draft unless something miraculous happens this year