Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I do love the Nank but fear he is going to get reported this year. He flys close to the sun.
When he needs a rest he can clobber someone and we bring in Soldo.

When do we play the Cats? Hopefully he needs a rest the week after that and he puts Hawkins' knee through Dangerfield's face.

Reactions: 3 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Where he at?

I think his ruck work so far this year has been poor.

Is the perfect second ruck. A shock ruck to work over oppo rucks in red time.

We need Soldo in the team.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Soldo had a knee, Carts. He aint ready.

Nank is a brilliant ground support ruck at his best. Sure, the dinosaurs occasionally blast him off the park but Nank counterpunches and has for years done the work of "that big-bodied midfielder" at the fall, blocking and tackling. But he's short and he can't jump.

He's 27 going on 30. Had a history of groins. (I wouldn't be surprised to learn that half of his pelvis was in fragments in his ballbag.) He's going to have good weeks and bad weeks. He was bog ordinary against the Spooney Crows, against a chronic battler. But the battler was sound. And the pelvis weighed heavy in the mighty gonad purse of our warrior.

That Crows game was interesting. Looked a road game to me. Good sides travel. We aint a good side atm. Nank had an ordinary day.

He isn't getting enough support while we train new players. But that may improve. It was nice to see Lynch getting up the park a bit. And Noah will grow into his roles.

We're 2-3 after the Phoney Season. Nank and Dion might look a bit fresher next week. Let's see.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012

Nank is a brilliant ground support ruck at his best. Sure, the dinosaurs occasionally blast him off the park but Nank counterpunches and has for years done the work of "that big-bodied midfielder" at the fall, blocking and tackling. But he's short and he can't jump.

He's 27 going on 30. Had a history of groins. (I wouldn't be surprised to learn that half of his pelvis was in fragments in his ballbag.) He's going to have good weeks and bad weeks. He was bog ordinary against the Spooney Crows, against a chronic battler. But the battler was sound. And the pelvis weighed heavy in the mighty gonad purse of our warrior.

That Crows game was interesting. Looked a road game to me. Good sides travel. We aint a good side atm. Nank had an ordinary day.

He isn't getting enough support while we train new players. But that may improve. It was nice to see Lynch getting up the park a bit. And Noah will grow into his roles.

We're 2-3 after the Phoney Season. Nank and Dion might look a bit fresher next week. Let's see.

Indeed Jack.

Pencil me in as ever so slightly more doubtful on Nank as #1 ruck.

We talk about midfield paucity in 2022, but our clearances must come from spoiled taps at the minute.

We want Bolton doing magnum force damage from stoppage. Only way that’s gonna happen is from Soldo’s palm.

I have Soldo as coming up to the two-year mark in the next couple of months? Hopefully he’s gaining momentum cos we need him badly.

Meteoric Rise

Tiger Cub
Feb 6, 2020

O’Brien is a good competitive AFL ruckman, he is no pushover.

Nankervis, who generally gets better the longer games go, of course copped a serious facial hit I think in Q2. So I would give him some allowance for that.

Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Nank won the HO but lost the HIT2 (HOTA) and the win%(IIRC). Both in the actual numbers and to my eye, Carts.

Gawn has slapped Nank around a couple of times. Jackson looks great. Noah might be given a challenge there.

When we got Nank his spoiling was below U12 class. He can still fail to kill it at critical times. But he's kept improving and spoiled with authority last week. Maybe aerial defence is where he lifts.

Nank had a limited skillset but it grows. His best characteristic IMO is his failsafe counterpunching. If he gets beat he does something good. And again.

We'll be doing a bit of planning this week. Let's see.

Reactions: 2 users

Go The Tiges!

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 14, 2009
love the guy but really battling at the moment also seems to give away to many free kicks. Not sure if he suits the captaincy.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I actually thought he player well last night, he carried our trucks against 2 guys all game, gave 100%, had a few doubtful frees against him that imo weren't paid against Smelbun. Needs Soldo for this game but unfortunately he's injured.

Imo Nank is the least of our problems

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I actually thought he player well last night, he carried our trucks against 2 guys all game, gave 100%, had a few doubtful frees against him that imo weren't paid against Smelbun. Needs Soldo for this game but unfortunately he's injured.

agree. he came up against the best ruck division in the league and matched them. we even broke even in the centre square. we lost the stoppages around the ground, as we have done all year, maybe a small part of that is due to Nank's struggle to get clean taps away, but only a small part IMO.

Nank is the same footballer who has won 3 premierships, but 1 part of the game he numbers are probably down is intercepts, and that is because teams are bombing down the line less against us now, and running the ball easier.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

Agree, I gave him a vote.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Nope, he was poor last night. Fumbly on intercept and delivery was poor. Turned it over at crucial junctures.

Most importantly though, his contest work was below par.

I don’t think Dimma has been happy with his captain over the last two weeks.

To be clear, the head coach gives nothing away in pressers. He hates the media and would rather dance to Wham on a podium than offer the slightest nugget of insight.

However, Dimma has mentioned ‘contest’ work twice now. Behind the ball but mainly around the ball. This starts with Nank halving the ruck contest, which he has not been able to do.

Nank won’t out reach Gawn but he can, on his day, degrade and nullify his tap positioning. A nudge here, and shove there. He hasn’t been effective in this area and it has forced our already thin midfield to chase tail from stoppage.

I won’t cop giving Nank a vote last night, he is struggling.

Look at Dimma’s response to the idea of Soldo returning. Would have him back in a heartbeat. The decision to drop/rest him, presumably on recovery grounds, has not been kind to Nankervis, who is absolutely a #2 ruck in 2022.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
agree. he came up against the best ruck division in the league and matched them. we even broke even in the centre square. we lost the stoppages around the ground, as we have done all year, maybe a small part of that is due to Nank's struggle to get clean taps away, but only a small part IMO.

Nank is the same footballer who has won 3 premierships, but 1 part of the game he numbers are probably down is intercepts, and that is because teams are bombing down the line less against us now, and running the ball easier.

Way off.

As the great dyer’ere has noted, Nankervis’s pelvis is a handful of shards at the bottom of his ball bag.

We need to protect him from here on in. No more solo rucking.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Yeah the skipper is struggling. I feel he is struggling with taking on most of the ruck work. He is working overtime. Filling holes down back and then asked to go the other way. He needs a chop out and it ain’t from Balta.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Yeah the skipper is struggling. I feel he is struggling with taking on most of the ruck work. He is working overtime. Filling holes down back and then asked to go the other way. He needs a chop out and it ain’t from Balta.

Correct. Soldo and eventually Ryan and Mate can / will pick up the slack.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I won’t cop giving Nank a vote last night, he is struggling.
"I won't cop giving Nank a vote" :ROFLMAO:

Nank 24 HO's, 21 disposals, 6 marks, 4 tackles, 2 clearances, 353 metres gained, contested possessions 10, 77% game time.
Gawn 30 HO's 19 disposals, 8 marks, 3 tackles, 1 clearance, 208 metres gained, contested possessions 6, 93% game time.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
"I won't cop giving Nank a vote" :ROFLMAO:

Nank 24 HO's, 21 disposals, 6 marks, 4 tackles, 2 clearances, 353 metres gained, contested possessions 10, 77% game time.
Gawn 30 HO's 19 disposals, 8 marks, 3 tackles, 1 clearance, 208 metres gained, contested possessions 6, 93% game time.

lol

oliver and co. got so much clean ball the dees had 8000 more entries than we did

gotta love the stat evangelists - how about you watch the game?

nank's primary job is to graffiti oppo clearances and he can't do that on his own any more