Nathan (Axel) Foley [MERGED] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nathan (Axel) Foley [MERGED]

Whos Ya Daddy

Tiger Rookie
Jun 6, 2005
Nathan (Axel) Foley

This guy seemed to pick himself when he was promoted from the rookie list and given his first senior game against Melbourne earlier in the year.

He sustained an injury during that game and came back though the burgers only 2 or 3 weeks ago (I think).

I noticed on the stats on the burgers website today that he had a lazy 29 touches against Geelong last week which would indicate he would be at least knocking on the door with a fair amount of rigour.

Can this kid play and does he have an immediate future at the club? At face value, he should at a minimum be in the mix for this week. We could do with another onballer to take the pressure off Johnno, Cogo and Tuck.

He does not seem to rate much of a mention on PRE and I would be interested to get peoples views.

GEDS

Growler
Mar 1, 2004
Am I seeing things or was he not very good against Melbourne I felt he looked far too slow ???

Would like Phantom to tell me if he really thinks this kid can make it because if he can it is a real bonus.

B

Bill James

Re: nathan foley

Redford said:
jayfox said:
Redford said:
I'll accept the Lambert comparison, which is much more accurate.
Speaking of our younger players what do you think of the recruiting of Polo instead of Eckermann?  ;)

Don't you mean "Eckermann or a bunch of others" ?

Haven't looked for a few weeks, but last time I did Eckerman was really the only player taken after Polo that could be a regret. It was strange he was hot on this forum pre-draft and all the clubs had a chance to take him. Does anyone have a theory on why he went so late?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Bill James said:
Redford said:
jayfox said:
Redford said:
I'll accept the Lambert comparison, which is much more accurate.
Speaking of our younger players what do you think of the recruiting of Polo instead of Eckermann?  ;)

Don't you mean "Eckermann or a bunch of others" ?

Haven't looked for a few weeks, but last time I did Eckerman was really the only player taken after Polo that could be a regret. It was strange he was hot on this forum pre-draft and all the clubs had a chance to take him.  Does anyone have a theory on why he went so late?

Only Eckermann on your regret list BJ ?

Although its too early to be making these sorts of asessments I would have thought that all the picks beyond Polo that have played senior footy this year including Sherman, Van Berlo, Rusling, Slattery, Moore, Prismall etc. are well ahead of him in his development never the less.

As for why Eckermann went so late, I'd suspect the fact that he's only 178cm probably had a bit to do with it.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham

feisty tige said:
evo said:
Leave him alone.....All of you! ....ALL OF YOU!

On a totally different tangent......  love the avatar evo, gave me a chuckle......  :hihi

very funny. its great to see our fellow Richmond supporters are witty and clever, but straight to the point.

Whos Ya Daddy

Tiger Rookie
Jun 6, 2005
apparantly 45 touches today against williamstown - i live in adelaide and I can hear the knocking from here.

Whos Ya Daddy

Tiger Rookie
Jun 6, 2005
crackertiger said:
We can't ignore this Kid any longer can we.

Lets play Hilton instead!???

hilton aint goin anywhere. while not setting the world on fire, I feel he is doing what TW is asking of him. we do need a medium sized forward that hit the pack hard.

maybe foley in for raines. raines probably deserves another week however.

skiptomystu

Follow me on Twitter @Stuart_Wilson23
Jun 29, 2004
45 touches?!?!?!?!?!?! Does someone have this officially? Wow if he did he would have to be a shoe in for next week!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Whos Ya Daddy said:
crackertiger said:
We can't ignore this Kid any longer can we.

Lets play Hilton instead!???

hilton aint goin anywhere. while not setting the world on fire, I feel he is doing what TW is asking of him. we do need a medium sized forward that hit the pack hard.

maybe foley in for raines. raines probably deserves another week however.

Graham might be injured I think (back ?)

Whos Ya Daddy

Tiger Rookie
Jun 6, 2005
Now confirmed - 47 touches (25 kicks and 22 handballs). That is phenominal.

Described by flood as comparable to a double century in cricket.

This guy has to get another game soon.