Nathan Freeman…….Any takers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nathan Freeman…….Any takers

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I think Freeman is exactly what we need. Inside mid with pace. Ready to go.

Reactions: 1 user

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
takes the last spot on the list whilst Soldo recovers for 2022. A bigger body to add to the mix as the kids fill out. Even if it makes the kids walk taller in the VFL that's a bonus.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Jackson Callow would be a better long term pick if he was still available. We've got young midfielders that can't get a game at the moment - Freeman will be another one. Is he any better than Dow, Martyn or even RCD?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Dylan Grimes used to have chronic hamstrings. Glad we didn't send him off to the glue factory.

If he's the best available talent then take the punt.

Reactions: 5 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
You sort of wonder if at VFL level his body can handle the lower training and game pressure loads, but AFL level might be a step too far for him.

Reactions: 1 users

Reverse Centaur

Tiger Cub
Aug 10, 2020
We need more pace through our midfield.

Free hit, could strike gold........again!

Think of the burn value

Reactions: 1 user

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
I would think insurance against an injury to, say, David Ashbury, is the highest priority.

We are covered in the ruck, no problems. CCJ and Chol also provide cover against Lynch and Jack being injured so that is all good. At a pinch, Balta can go forward as long as we have other defensive options.

The midfield has been exposed but only because they all got injured together. Losing the equivalent of Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards, Bolton and Lambert at the same time would be an issue at any club. Take Treloar, Dunkley, McRae, Bontempelli and Liberatore out of the Bulldogs for a few weeks and see how many games they win. Or even just Oliver, Viney, Bradshaw and Petracca out of Melbourne. Basically, we were left with Dusty and Graham for a few games, our midfield handled the crisis as well as any team could.

If we lose Astbury and one other tall defender for an extended period and we are looking at Miller and Biggie, both of whom have not played seniors yet and Garthwaite who is not big enough.

This is the priority for this draft.

Reactions: 5 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I think a fit Freeman is definitely an upgrade on Ross. Think he's an upgrade on Martyn too.
Different to Dow.
Not sure on RCD.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Personally has pace and a big body to complete at AFL level, the only knock appears to be on his disposal …..worth a punt I think
He was an absolute jet in u18’s. Whatever happened at Pies ruined him physically and mentally. Friend of a friend involved at Frankston reckons he is a new man. Loves his footy again, injury free, really fit and destroying them every week.
if the club thinks that pure mid is the role that needs to be filled then get him.

Reactions: 2 users