NBA 2013-214 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NBA 2013-214

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
K3 said:
Such a shame he is off to the Jazz though.... ha ha

And was just going to post that the draft is on live now, for those interested... I think they are up to Pick 9, with Dante going at 5.

On Dante Exum, does anyone remember his father playing, and how he used to run like a duck?

Barely. I remembered Cecil as a name. Wasn't it just when Nth Melb Giants changed name from Coburg and moved to the Glass House?

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
TigerForce said:
Barely. I remembered Cecil as a name. Wasn't it just when Nth Melb Giants changed name from Coburg and moved to the Glass House?

Yeah, was back in the day hey. I remember it was also when the Tigers used to train at the old courts in Albert Park. My sister used to go down as she just loooooved Andrew Gaze and the Daves.

Will have to look up if there is any old footage of Cecil, as I am sure Lesley would love to consider his caboose.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
K3 said:
Yeah, was back in the day hey. I remember it was also when the Tigers used to train at the old courts in Albert Park. My sister used to go down as she just loooooved Andrew Gaze and the Daves.

Will have to look up if there is any old footage of Cecil, as I am sure Lesley would love to consider his caboose.

B-ball has faded from me nowadays, but I was still a close follower of NBL, NBA & NCAA. I met a few Coburg Giant players in 1985 when doing work experience at a little merchandise shop in Coburg/Preston call Fiddes Sports where Woosha (Peter Welsh) was a supplier.

Sometimes I keep thinking Gaze played for Syracuse Orangemen, but it was Seton Hall. Getting older shows how memories clash. ;D

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
TigerForce said:
B-ball has faded from me nowadays, but I was still a close follower of NBL, NBA & NCAA. I met a few Coburg Giant players in 1985 when doing work experience at a little merchandise shop in Coburg/Preston call Fiddes Sports where Woosha (Peter Welsh) was a supplier.

Sometimes I keep thinking Gaze played for Syracuse Orangemen, but it was Seton Hall. Getting older shows how memories clash. ;D

That's the one mate. If I remember correctly (iffy at best...) Gaze took Seton Hall further than they had ever been.

But back to the Pel's, traded for Russ Smith from Louisiana Cardinals. He looks like he will bring a lot to the team, as he has had to work his backside off but did so and become one of the school's best ever.

Go Pelicans!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
K3 said:
That's the one mate. If I remember correctly (iffy at best...) Gaze took Seton Hall further than they had ever been.

But back to the Pel's, traded for Russ Smith from Louisiana Cardinals. He looks like he will bring a lot to the team, as he has had to work his backside off but did so and become one of the school's best ever.

Go Pelicans!

Pelicans...heh heh funny nickname for that Noo Orrlins team. ;D Geez...this Bobcats/Hornets/Charlotte story is one big mess.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
It's pretty huge Dante at pick 5. One of the most grounded athletes you will ever come across. Parents did a great job.

Next off the production line is Ben Simmon's son of Dave. Could be another top 5 pick.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Whats the name of the young Somalian kid from Oz? Think he may still be in year 10 My son showed me footage.

Amazing

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Thon Maker, he could be anything.

Reminds me of a young Kevin Garnett.

The next Olympics our team could be Patty Mills (Torres Straight Islander), Dante Exum (USA), Benny Simmons (USA), Thon Maker (Somilla) & Bogut (Croat).

Joe Ingles the odd man out. ;D

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
SCOOP said:

The next Olympics our team could be Patty Mills (Torres Straight Islander), Dante Exum (USA), Benny Simmons (USA), Thon Maker (Somilla) & Bogut (Croat).

Hehe. It looks like we'll have a pretty good team next Olympics, eh.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
evo said:
Yep. Im on board.

Good stuff Evo, welcome aboard! If you let me know your size I will have the tailor make up a jacket for you.

Go Pels (yes, it was a strange name to go with...)

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
SCOOP said:

While I get where you are heading, I count them all as Aussies Scoop. I mean... have you heard Patty Mills speak?

Besides that, I can see a medal fast approaching! ;D

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
K3 said:
While I get where you are heading, I count them all as Aussies Scoop. I mean... have you heard Patty Mills speak?

Besides that, I can see a medal fast approaching! ;D

Agree it's that multicultural flavour coming through.

People don't see basketball as having that impact but with the African, Croat, Turkish communities that have come to Australia basketball is hugely popular.

Quickly challenging soccer as the global game.

NBA promote the game globally better than any ever sport.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
yeah. All my son's mates play basketball. Only about half of them play footy.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
While the NBA does an amazing job of promoting basketball around the globe, it is interesting to see the NBL struggling so dramatically over the past few years.

I hope they can get it moving back in a really positive direction, and soon.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
K3 said:
While the NBA does an amazing job of promoting basketball around the globe, it is interesting to see the NBL struggling so dramatically over the past few years.

I hope they can get it moving back in a really positive direction, and soon.

The most poorly run sport in Australia by so far. Basketball Australia are clowns. The NBL is run like a midweek Albert Park comp.

Fancy letting your biggest and most well know brand, change it's name. If basketball ever gets it's stuff together look out.

Basketball is in the same spot in 2014 as soccer was in 2000-01. Change or die.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
SCOOP said:
The most poorly run sport in Australia by so far. Basketball Australia are clowns. The NBL is run like a midweek Albert Park comp.

Fancy letting your biggest and most well know brand, change it's name. If basketball ever gets it's stuff together look out.

Basketball is in the same spot in 2014 as soccer was in 2000-01. Change or die.

Just noticed there is a certain CEO job up for grabs on the Basketball Australia website. Nice timing with the above there Scoop! Hopefully BA makes a very astute selection on this position.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Can't believe it hasn't been raised buuut... LeBron James has signed for two years back with the Cav's!

Carmelo Anthony looks a lock to stay in New York.

Paul Pierce appears to be heading to Washington

Lin to Miama

Pau Gasol is heading to Chicago

Busy times in the NBA these days :)

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Finally Asik has signed on with the Pels. He is sure to bring an immediate improvement to the team's defense, a boost to the offense and help keep AD a lock at Power Forward. Oh yeah!

During his 'not playing as a back-up to someone else' season, Asik averaged a double double with 10.? points and 11.? rebounds a game. Not too shabby.