Need to arrange protest against AFL crackdown on barracking | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Need to arrange protest against AFL crackdown on barracking

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Whether it's everyone booing or turning their backs on umpires coming off the ground
Us members/supporters need to make a stand against the AFL crackdown

axlefoley

Tiger Superstar
Sep 29, 2007
Protest by not buying a record, not purchasing food or grog etc. hit the *smilers* where it hurts but I doubt people will do that. Melbournians will still go the footy even if they were hearded through the gates and muzzled.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I'm a poor organiser but interested in helping if I can. Should be set for the St.Kilda game, preferably involving co-operation/co-ordination with Saints supporter groups.

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Great Idea reckon set it for one of Final home games at The G

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
btoz_01 said:
Whether it's everyone booing or turning their backs on umpires coming off the ground
Us members/supporters need to make a stand against the AFL crackdown

Would it be better to have an anti Gill/AFL theme?
There'd be a good chance that other fans would pick up on it.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
How about 40,000.people calling out 'the AFL are Wankers"

I would like to see 40000 people getting thrown out.

silvertiger

Tiger Rookie
Aug 28, 2014
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
I'm a poor organiser but interested in helping if I can. Should be set for the St.Kilda game, preferably involving co-operation/co-ordination with Saints supporter groups.

Agree - best way is to not go. The cheer squad should not turn up and that can be the conversation starter. The saints will be lucky to get $20k without us.

Everyone boycott the Saints game.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
While I like the idea of people not turning up I really can't see it happening.

Turning our backs on the ground at half time, or at the first bounce, I think would make a really good point. I don't have facebook either but if we got all the fans in one part of the ground doing it then others will likely follow. If we promote the reasoning, that we are not happy with the way fans are being chucked out for very little, then it makes the point clear. Not sure if we could extend this to the standard of umpiring and the arbitrary inconsistent umpiring, but I would say it is best to keep it to one issue: fans being treated badly.

To make sure the message is clear we would need to use twitter maybe (I have no social media so no use on that score) to get a flood of tweets going at the same time.

DS

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
silvertiger said:
Agree - best way is to not go. The cheer squad should not turn up and that can be the conversation starter. The saints will be lucky to get $20k without us.

Everyone boycott the Saints game.

I’m not going to last long the way things are so no problem with this.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Pick a game and everyone stay home and dont watch it on the TV simple.

Listen to it on the radio if needs be but the lack of attendance and tv ratings will send a message.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
If it's to be Maddies match that gives us over a fortnight to organise it
Instead of turning our backs which would be disrespectful of Maddie at the start
I'm not going to attend game as protest will watch on tv
For those choosing to attend how about turning your backs at the first break at 1/4 time?
Also need catchy tag for Twiter