Need to arrange protest against AFL crackdown on barracking | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Need to arrange protest against AFL crackdown on barracking

I'm not fussed what game it is as I'm not going to any from now on they can GAGF.

I will buy my membership and I will always support my beloved Richmond Football Club but I'm done with the AFL their ruination of the game, trying to turn it into something it isn't their BS, and Social Engineering Tripe.

Time to switch of the money tap.

Pick a game and everyone stay home and don't watch it on the TV simple.

Listen to it on the radio if needs be but the lack of attendance and TV ratings will send a message.

craig said:
Listen to it on the radio if needs be but the lack of attendance and TV ratings will send a message.

TV ratings are measured by monitoring a fraction of a percent of TV sets, then extrapolating. Unless you're one of the chosen households hooked up to a ratings meter, they have no idea whether you watched the game or not, and it won't affect the ratings.

Emailed the club to ask what (if anything) they're doing about rank-and-file members being persecuted and received an auto-response referring me to the website FAQ and suggesting I wouldn't get a proper reply. We're on our own.

At this stage I'll be downgrading to a 3-game membership next year, just to keep a toe in the door should a new, less sinister AFL administration come to pass. Perhaps Brendon Gale can save them like he did Richmond.

Are the AFL Fans Association a legit group who could really take the voice of the fans to Gestapo HQ? Could they be if they had more members?

I noticed that both Joffa and Trout are AFLFA Ambassadors - what a signal it would be if they could organise a fan led protest at the Round 19 Collingwood v Richmond game, Friday night prime time, free-to-air. Fans of the two biggest clubs uniting to give a big FU to Gill and Shocking.

I'm joining up - aflfans.org.au

larabee said:
Are the AFL Fans Association a legit group who could really take the voice of the fans to Gestapo HQ? Could they be if they had more members?

I noticed that both Joffa and Trout are AFLFA Ambassadors - what a signal it would be if they could organise a fan led protest at the Round 19 Collingwood v Richmond game, Friday night prime time, free-to-air. Fans of the two biggest clubs uniting to give a big FU to Gill and Shocking.

Apparently Cheryl Critchley (Richmond fan) is VP, but I think they're kind of loosely affiliated with the AFL. My impression is that any protest from them would be like bowling donuts at Kohli.

We should remind them what bad crowd behaviour is by ripping off seats and throwing them on the ground and letting off flares everywhere.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Apparently Cheryl Critchley (Richmond fan) is VP, but I think they're kind of loosely affiliated with the AFL. My impression is that any protest from them would be like bowling donuts at Kohli.
I kinda thought that might be the case. If the Fans Association can't/won't protest, I don't see much hope for a grass roots fan led revolt

Harry said:
We should remind them what bad crowd behaviour is by ripping off seats and throwing them on the ground and letting off flares everywhere.

And playing with a round ball and a net

larabee said:
I kinda thought that might be the case. If the Fans Association can't/won't protest, I don't see much hope for a grass roots fan led revolt

Well they publicly supported our cheer squad's call for clarification on what is allowable terminology at the game, but they're always going to take a moderate approach.

Harry said:

It’s got a bit of a soccer feel about it, like when the FFA cracked down on the ‘active’ areas. Atmosphere went out of the games like a pricked balloon.
Should do what the soccer crowds did in protest and stage a walk out mid game for a qtr or so.

larabee said:

Trout wants to stage a protest in 14 months time!

Columbo said:
It’s got a bit of a soccer feel about it, like when the FFA cracked down on the ‘active’ areas. Atmosphere went out of the games like a pricked balloon.
Should do what the soccer crowds did in protest and stage a walk out mid game for a qtr or so.

"Active" supporters are missed like a hole in the head. Self-indulgent knobs.

Recent protests against corruption by some in Irish soccer management involved fans throwing tennis balls onto the pitch during a break in play. (To coordinate you might say 1st goal, etc.) No one gets hurt but the message is unmistakeable.

Dont Argue said:
Looks like our players are boycotting this weeks game on our behalf !

Im not gonna go to Adelaide in solidarity.

Gil, go and get *smile*