Neil Balme - Bring him back | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Neil Balme - Bring him back

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
um no, he is a Western Australian

Yeah, he played for Subiaco originally, before I can remember though.

Have loved this Man since his playing days for the Tiges, still think he may have been one of the most intimidating players to have ever pulled on a Jumper and made his team mates feel invincible on the field because they knew he would always have their backs and he GENUINELY SCARED opposition players.

Do you think maybe that breaking Geoff Southby's jaw might have contributed to to the fear :unsure:

Great contribution coming back to the club, hope he goes well but no success for AFC.

DS

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
TBH I'm pretty surprised he'd be after another big job such as what's reported.
Thought he was pretty set on Richmond being his last big gig from everything I'd heard.
70 next year. Not saying that's too old but he must have an eye on the finish line after what he's achieved at Richmond, coupled with health issues.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
He had already stepped back this year. Perhaps it was always the plan.
He stepped back end of 2019.
He’s role is more of a mentor around the club. Think Peggy said his role was like a godfather to the club.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
The whisper is that Campbell is heading to Gold Coast to head up it's footy department
Not a bad caper the AFL. ... Basically get a job for life...... travelling the country...... in a game that you love..... on great coin, knowing....... that there's always another opportunity when this one dries up!

Wish I had of worked harder on my skills now!

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Not liking all this exodus. Could be signs weve hit the wall and could be down for a lot longer then what most here think
Refresh the on field n refresh the off field, no big drama in the life of a footy club. It's not like it's a slash n burn session, just some astute trimming n pruning to allow for the spring growth.

Reactions: 2 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Let's hope the club invests in the footy department now needs to bigtime.People under Balme have the experience and know how's to take over no excuses.

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah, he played for Subiaco originally, before I can remember though.

Do you think maybe that breaking Geoff Southby's jaw might have contributed to to the fear :unsure:

Great contribution coming back to the club, hope he goes well but no success for AFC.

DS
Didn't he have a younger brother named Craig that played a game or two for us, way back?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Didn't he have a younger brother named Craig that played a game or two for us, way back?
Sure did, Craig played full back for us in ‘83 before moving to Norwood (where Neil was coaching) and had a long career with them.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Yep, Leppa/Fly/Burge/Balme and the rest all may have had excellent professional reasons for leaving the club when they did.

Key coaches leaving the club when we were on the verge of a three-peat does at least raise the question though.
Who really knows? So many scenarios! Fly and Leppa going while they were on top and enhancing their future positions. Balme has done his job to perfection, now to move on. Comes a times when Hardwick, Peggy & Gale will leave, we must note that these three individuals have really accomplished their major tasks for Richmond, that is strong culture, strong performance, strong financial positions and winning premierships. Now before that go, work towards continued success (culture, football dept, future coach, finance, etc). Leppa, Fly & Balme have done their bit, however, Peggy, Gale and Hardwick needs more time to ensure we become the big powerhouse in the future. For those who have left, i say "for what you're done for Richmond, I salute you". GO TIGERS...GO RICHMOND GO.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Also relates to regeneration, I reckon.
So when Beavis stays as the main guy I think eventually you need change to some of the other roles.
This way players are not always hearing the same voices.

(Sort makes you think how The Plough survived for so long at RFC with that wonderful voice of his. Not!):))

So recent times The Truck, Blake, Fly, Leppa etc have moved on.
Kingsley, X man etc come in.
Now maybe Teague to come in if scuttlebutt is accurate, maybe others as well with cap increase.

Keeps the players hearing gospels from a new source.
Regenerate, reinvent.

Thanks Lord Sensai Grasshopper Balmey.
Thanks for busting all those Carlscum heads in the 70's.
Thanks for returning "Home" and leading us back to the promised land.
Now relax. Job done.

(Stay away from Area 51 for your own health!)

The vanilla slice or Choc Eclair should be your only issues moving forward.
Thanks long haired no. 21 for the RFC.
:clap2

• Love

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
Also relates to regeneration, I reckon.
So when Beavis stays as the main guy I think eventually you need change to some of the other roles.
This way players are not always hearing the same voices.

(Sort makes you think how The Plough survived for so long at RFC with that wonderful voice of his. Not!):))

So recent times The Truck, Blake, Fly, Leppa etc have moved on.
Kingsley, X man etc come in.
Now maybe Teague to come in if scuttlebutt is accurate, maybe others as well with cap increase.

Keeps the players hearing gospels from a new source.
Regenerate, reinvent.

Thanks Lord Sensai Grasshopper Balmey.
Thanks for busting all those Carlscum heads in the 70's.
Thanks for returning "Home" and leading us back to the promised land.
Now relax. Job done.

(Stay away from Area 51 for your own health!)

The vanilla slice or Choc Eclair should be your only issues moving forward.
Thanks long haired no. 21 for the RFC.
:clap2
So Dimma is the new Sheedy. He's going to stay at Richmond until he's 60 years old just replacing his assistants every 3 or 4 years.