New clash jumper - reversed strip | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

New clash jumper - reversed strip

TigerTribe5

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 14, 2010
Instead of a clash jumper I refer to it as our “premiership jumper”!

I wouldn’t mind at all if we wore it all the time.

We definitely seem to get a better run with the umpires with it.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
TigerTribe5 said:
Instead of a clash jumper I refer to it as our “premiership jumper”!

I wouldn’t mind at all if we wore it all the time.
So do I, and neither would I.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
tigersnake said:
I was an early adopter, but this is OTT. We won 10 flags in the orig remember!
I said I wouldn't mind, not that I'd vote for it!

But it does look fantastic, I reckon.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Giardiasis said:
Jumper looks good but I don't like the white shorts with it. Black shorts would be better.
Dont fancy a return to the 1975 yellow shorts?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Mr Brightside said:
Maybe we could get a big sponsor for the day ? Yellow cabs, Bananas, Lemons a Submarine?
You must work in marketing! ;D

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Giardiasis said:
Jumper looks good but I don't like the white shorts with it. Black shorts would be better.

well you can't wear black shorts as it defeats the purpose of a clash strip, but I can definitely see merit in yellow shorts. I've always found it very perculiar that the AFL designates the away team to always wear white shorts. why does it matter as long as there is no clash?

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
We need to work with Puma to develop an even more umpire-friendly clash jumper.

Specifically, there needs to be sensors around the neck and shoulders that, when touched, make the jumper light up and emit a loud warning sound to alert the umpires to high contact. We could even save the umpires some effort by making that noise a whistle.

The jumper should also be extremely stretchy to accentuate any grabs of the jumper as the ball comes in.

While we're at it, give it a squirt of skunk to make opposition players puke in the clinches. (We'll be trained to tolerate it.)

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
We need to work with Puma to develop an even more umpire-friendly clash jumper.

Specifically, there needs to be sensors around the neck and shoulders that, when touched, make the jumper light up and emit a loud warning sound to alert the umpires to high contact. We could even save the umpires some effort by making that noise a whistle.

The jumper should also be extremely stretchy to accentuate any grabs of the jumper as the ball comes in.

While we're at it, give it a squirt of skunk to make opposition players puke in the clinches. (We'll be trained to tolerate it.)

Take a step further. Instead of a loud warning, it should remotely trugger the refs whistle and an electrical charge delivered to the ump so the correct arm lifts pointing our way

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Ian4 said:
well you can't wear black shorts as it defeats the purpose of a clash strip, but I can definitely see merit in yellow shorts. I've always found it very perculiar that the AFL designates the away team to always wear white shorts.

I don't think the AFL stipulated that rule for away teams. It probably dates back to the antediluvian games before even the VFL existed.

Ian4 said:
why does it matter as long as there is no clash?
Agree.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We'd be the away team in the GF if I'm right, as Brissy were second.

How would you feel if we decided to wear our premiership jumper if we're to meet the Pies in the big one. They can wear their more black one.

There's no doubt the umpires treat us better when we're wearing the reverse strip. Going up against the Umpires darlings might make it wise for us to use the clash.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
We'd be the away team in the GF if I'm right, as Brissy were second.

How would you feel if we decided to wear our premiership jumper if we're to meet the Pies in the big one. They can wear their more black one.

There's no doubt the umpires treat us better when we're wearing the reverse strip. Going up against the Umpires darlings might make it wise for us to use the clash.
Collingwood finished 4th. We'd be the home team. I'm happy to wear the premiership yellow, but we won't.

Reactions: 1 users