New clash jumper - reversed strip | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

New clash jumper - reversed strip

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
PurpleSneakers said:
For 104 unbroken, unmodified years we've had black with a yellow sash, that's a pretty strong tradition.

Agree with Brodders, still don't like it, wished they'd worn the real one.

I too wish they had've worn our traditional guernsey too man, i think you'll find most feel the same way.

That said however id rather the RFC win the GF in their clash guernsey rather than watch us lose in our traditional strip

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Here's another twist on that clash jumper...it may have helped us win the premiership! In his post-GF interview Edwards said the game was chaotic, all he remembers was seeing yellow jumpers running everywhere. Could it be that the yellow jumpers were so distinctive compared to the Adelaide jumper that it made it easier for our players to spot their team mates and where they were running to? This would make their team work more effective and disposals more accurate. Our traditional jumper would not have stood out as much even though the white shorts would have helped a bit. I'm glad they wore it on that day.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
tigermike said:
Here's another twist on that clash jumper...it may have helped us win the premiership! In his post-GF interview Edwards said the game was chaotic, all he remembers was seeing yellow jumpers running everywhere. Could it be that the yellow jumpers were so distinctive compared to the Adelaide jumper that it made it easier for our players to spot their team mates and where they were running to? This would make their team work more effective and disposals more accurate. Our traditional jumper would not have stood out as much even though the white shorts would have helped a bit. I'm glad they wore it on that day.

Watch the Qualifying and Prelim finals again.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
tigermike said:

I'm positive I heard in the week(s) leading up someone (from Champion data I think) say that our disposal stats in the clash jumper were higher than those in the traditional, on SEN radio. It was either on KB's show, or in the afternoon as a response to KB. He said that the numbers showed we performed better in the yellow, and it may be because we found it easier to see each other on the field.

Not sure it's got any real validity, but I'm sure there's someone on the site who has kept those records and could say if it's true or not.

NB: Just looked at that footy jumpers website and they have a list of sponsors since the 70s. Jesus the TAC were a millstone around our neck! Once we got rid of them we started to become a decent club again - Thank god for Jay Schulz I say.

ninjahaha

Sponsored by Takeda Pharmaceutical
Feb 22, 2014
the shadows
The_General said:
... said that the numbers showed we performed better in the yellow, and it may be because we found it easier to see each other on the field.

Not sure it's got any real validity, but I'm sure there's someone on the site who has kept those records and could say if it's true or not.

AT the ground they stand out like OHS vest's on a work site! Always seems to be more of us on the ground than the team in the darker jumpers. Seems like the umps notice us when in possession as well.

No proof but it seems obvious to this keyboard warrior!

I be happy if we wear it as often as possible! Always liked it. Have very fond memories of it now after seeing the GF so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so soso so so so so so many times.

Traditions alway start somewhere!

Yellow n Black!

JamesTiger82

Follow me...
Nov 28, 2012
Melbourne
I'm both a traditionalist and generally very stubborn. When I first realised we may have to wear our clash jumper in the granny if we ran into Adelaide I was livid. By the time we ran out on the day I was completely over it. Actually I was over it basically as soon as we beat GWS - I spent half the Monday after the game trying to track one down for the grand final (obviously unsuccessfully). I love the clash jumper - it's the jumper we were wearing when we won our first premiership in 37 years (and only premiership in my lifetime). I can't wait to get my premiership souvenir edition. The only thing I will say is I think this should now be locked in as our clash jumper and not changed every few years.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
After this impossible win at Port tonight, I say again....."there's something about that yellow jumper".

Let's make it our regular.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Been saying it since we switched to this clash strip. Make it our official "Away" jumper.

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
TigerForce said:
After this impossible win at Port tonight, I say again....."there's something about that yellow jumper".

Let's make it our regular.

Absolutely! I love this jumper. It has become iconic AND we get a better run from the dumpires.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Our free kick differential is always better with the yellow jumper - I prefer playing in it.