NFL & NCAA Football Threads | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NFL & NCAA Football Threads

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Bills are tearing the Rams a new one.

Early days but they look potent on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Rightio punters, here we are at the start of the inaugural regular season NFL tipping comp.

I have no doubt this will be the most sought after prize in world tipping, leaving the likes of ESPN, The Sporting Globe and the Drofbardi Trophy competitions in its wake.

So sought after in fact, that Redmond was placing immense pressure on the organising body to release the first week of games early to afford himself extra study time. No dice there my good man.

So without further ado let's get into this week's games.

Green Bay Packers (-1.5) @ Minnesota Vikings (+1.5) 6:25am Monday Sept 12th
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-2.5) @ Dallas Cowboys (+2.5) 10:20am Monday Sept 12th
Denver Broncos (-6.5) @ Seattle Seahawks (+6.5) 10:15am Tuesday Sept 13th

Remember you are picking a team to cover the line, not necessarily win outright.

All games are telecast into Australia so you can watch your selections if so desired.

Tips to be submitted by 6:25am Monday.

Good luck to all, anyone welcome to join.
Here are the first round leading tips.

Green Bay -1.5
Cowboys + 2.5
Broncos - 6.5

I have spoken. Good day.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
They have a great chance of going a long way this year.
Of course; I've jumped on ha ha :mhihi

Seriously, I know next to nothing about NFL. However my teenage son has taken a keen interest and has jumped on Jacksonville Jaguars. He likes to support battlers (eg Crystal Palace EPL) in the hope they will rise. So I thought I'd pick a team. I know the Bills story of 4 Super Bowl losses and saw them blow that play off game against the Chiefs last year. And being a Richmond supporter for many decades am partial to a sporting tragedy. So the Bills will do me!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Rightio punters, here we are at the start of the inaugural regular season NFL tipping comp.

I have no doubt this will be the most sought after prize in world tipping, leaving the likes of ESPN, The Sporting Globe and the Drofbardi Trophy competitions in its wake.

So sought after in fact, that Redmond was placing immense pressure on the organising body to release the first week of games early to afford himself extra study time. No dice there my good man.

So without further ado let's get into this week's games.

Green Bay Packers (-1.5) @ Minnesota Vikings (+1.5) 6:25am Monday Sept 12th
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-2.5) @ Dallas Cowboys (+2.5) 10:20am Monday Sept 12th
Denver Broncos (-6.5) @ Seattle Seahawks (+6.5) 10:15am Tuesday Sept 13th

Remember you are picking a team to cover the line, not necessarily win outright.

All games are telecast into Australia so you can watch your selections if so desired.

Tips to be submitted by 6:25am Monday.

Good luck to all, anyone welcome to join.
Mine are:

Green Bay -1.5
Tampon Bay - 2.5
Seattle + 6.5

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Seriously, I know next to nothing about NFL. However my teenage son has taken a keen interest and has jumped on Jacksonville Jaguars. He likes to support battlers (eg Crystal Palace EPL) in the hope they will rise. So I thought I'd pick a team. I know the Bills story of 4 Super Bowl losses and saw them blow that play off game against the Chiefs last year. And being a Richmond supporter for many decades am partial to a sporting tragedy. So the Bills will do me!
Good luck to Riddles Jnr with those Jags. Not the best, but slowly getting there.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Nice try Redders and TF, but your tips should have looked like this.

Vikings +1.5
Buccaneers -2.5
Broncos -6.5

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane

Get into the tipping comp Riddles, good way to get involved in the game.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Get into the tipping comp Riddles, good way to get involved in the game.
Well Mops given my extremely limited knowledge of the sport that may be a bridge too far. That said I may consult with my teenage son to assist. Although he goes for the Jaguars so you would have to question his judgement on all things NFL.

I could always just tip the opposite to Redford; he generally has no idea so probably can’t go too wrong with that strategy.

Okay count me in. I’ll have a crack.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users