NFL & NCAA Football Threads | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NFL & NCAA Football Threads

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
Re: NFL 2012-13

Streak said:
Bengals beat a hopeless KC.

Dalton to Green on fire.

Next 4 games are against teams with losing records.

I have a bad feeling :help

The Chiefs are the worst team in the NFL easily....getting smashed more often than not.

I didn't rate the Bengals a playoff team this season...but the next 4 will sum up whether that will happen imo.
You should beat the Raiders both times, Cowboys is a 50-50 then the Eagles are playing embarrassing...which should be a win.
Could be 8-6.....but this is Cincinnati we are talking about.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne

9ers taking the Bears to the cleaners....20-0 half time....dominating all areas really, both starting QB's not playing due to concussion in the previous games.
But Kaepernick is very capable and had a great first half and Campbell has been ordinary for the Bears....one of the worst QB games I've ever seen.
Only 4-8 completions, been sacked 3 times and only 21 yards passing compared to Kaepernick 184.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Jukes Extended said:
But Kaepernick is very capable and had a great first half and Campbell has been ordinary for the Bears....one of the worst QB games I've ever seen.

You didn't watch the Bumblebee Steelers lose at home to those Cravens with our stand-in QB Leftwich then. ;D

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

Jukes Extended said:
Campbell has been ordinary for the Bears....one of the worst QB games I've ever seen.
Only 4-8 completions, been sacked 3 times and only 21 yards passing compared to Kaepernick 184.

And missed some wide open targets. Truly terrible.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne

Streak said:
How was the Patriots 2nd qtr versus the Jets.

35 points, unbelievable, even it though it was only the Jets.

The Pats had 4 touchdowns in 6 minutes.....3 of which came in under a minute :eek:

The Pats are contenders though while the Jets.....well a lot of pressure is on the coach to keep his job next season.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

craig said:
NY Giants carving up Packers Sunday Night Footy.

Packers missing a few names though.

I expected a closer game.

Looks like the Steelers season is over with Ben out. Better to rest him and start looking into drafting a younger back-up QB as Leftwich and Batch are old and useless.

Great to see the Notre Dame shoot from nowhere to no.1 in the NCAA. What a coincidence that (2)Alabama play (3)Georgia next week and the winner meets the Fighting Irish in the BCS championship title game.

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide

TigerForce said:
I expected a closer game.

Great to see the Notre Dame shoot from nowhere to no.1 in the NCAA. What a coincidence that (2)Alabama play (3)Georgia next week and the winner meets the Fighting Irish in the BCS championship title game.

And I think either 1 of those teams will beat the Fighting Irish.

The Fighting Irish have had some luck to remain undefeated.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

U2Tigers said:
And I think either 1 of those teams will beat the Fighting Irish.

The Fighting Irish have had some luck to remain undefeated.

They probably shocked some teams who unexpected them to be this good. They did beat four top 25 teams but their draw did look a bit easy. Either way, the head coach Brian Kelly has done a great job in reviving this old uni back to number 1, and I reckon Alabama would be the best to beat them coz that Crimson Tide are a tough lot.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne

U2Tigers said:
2 very very good QB's by the looks of it.

Will Smith change clubs, if he doesn't get the 1 spot back

It's a good problem to have for the 49ers.
I like Kaepernick running the show but he just needs to play a bad game the Smith is back in imo,
Smith is the safe option but Kaepernick is more athletic he can carry the ball better than Smith and makes the offense more dynamic.
I still expect to see Smith back at some stage.
It's the defense that makes this team so good....Brees was sacked 5 times.

9ers have St. Louis, Miami, New England, Seattle and Arizona....I expect at least a 4-1 run.
Massive game against the Pats...look forward to that one. Imo the Superbowl championship is out of 9ers, Pats and Texans.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne

Streak said:
I can't bring myself to rate the Texans

They did beat the Ravens and Bears....but other than that haven't really beat anyone of quality,
that's how I feel about the Falcons....I don't rate them either.

I read an article on NFL.com
"With Colin Kaepernick at quarterback, a punishing commitment to the run and the most physical defense in the NFL, the San Francisco 49ers are head-and-shoulders above the rest of the league. Yes, they're the best team in the NFL, and just seem to be getting better."

This kind of pump up makes me nervous.

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004

TigerForce said:
Looks like the Steelers season is over with Ben out. Better to rest him and start looking into drafting a younger back-up QB as Leftwich and Batch are old and useless.

The Steelers went into this season with a few challenges, emanating from going through a rebuild.
It was amazing to see them a couple of weeks ago 6-3.
The injury to Big Ben has been more then the team could bear, with them losing the last two games.

Each of the last two to three seasons have been affected by injuries to Roethlisberger.
Certainly time to draft a junior replacement.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Phantom said:
The Steelers went into this season with a few challenges, emanating from going through a rebuild.
It was amazing to see them a couple of weeks ago 6-3.
The injury to Big Ben has been more then the team could bear, with them losing the last two games.

Each of the last two to three seasons have been affected by injuries to Roethlisberger.
Certainly time to draft a junior replacement.

Exactly right Phanto and it's not just the loss of Ben but also Polamalu still injured since last season along with Mendenhall. I think Mike Tomlin's position is in a bit of trouble with some calling for him to be sacked due to being too tactless during games (a bit like Dimma at times). I like Tomlin but there are many parts of our offensive game where we just look too static and one-dimensional which puts bigger pressure on Ben. Even that old Steel Curtain looks weak at times. It's time to tank. ;D

< NRL | Golf >