Nick Vlastuin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Vlastuin

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Same - I keep looking at this thread for some ‘official‘ update but haven’t seen anything.

Are they playing mind games with the blues selection committee?

Reactions: 1 user
Feb 25, 2007
Same - I keep looking at this thread for some ‘official‘ update but haven’t seen anything.

Are they playing mind games with the blues selection committee?

Yep, seems like some mind games are going on regarding Vlustuin

A guy on Twitter reckons he's got inside info that grimes will play round 1

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Is it confirmed that he has reinjured his hamstring because I haven’t seen it reported anywhere else
Yeah. ... all I'm hearing about is a 10 odd game "gun" from the bombers, or a "champion" from Adelaide and a "star" from the saints.... no mention of a triple premiership hack from the tigers.
We're yesterday's news now.... I'm liking it!

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Can we not just take Josh Caddy's thumb & Hamstring to get these 2 guys on the park ?
Surely cant be that difficult

Lets take his hip as well Lambert will need it from looks of it

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Grimes trained with the main group this morning so looking positive.

“Grimes is reasonably confident but no certainty. He is very keen, but we won’t take a silly risk on him. He did a bit today [Sunday]. The doc was much more confident today than he had been, but he is still no certainty. It’s just a matter of how he recovers from it,” Balme said.

Fellow defender Nick Vlastuin is nursing a hamstring issue and will likely be ruled out.

Reactions: 1 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Again pure speculation, but the coaching staff may well have been part of the issue.

Players and coaches always want to win and for some reason they see round one as being a really important game. I'll be honest and say I don't know much about the high performance team at the moment but as @caesar said a loss of experience can make you vulnerable.

It is a really lonely place to be when a player wants to play and the coach wants him back and you are saying no. It really takes a hard edge that only experience can bring you. I know in my personal experience AFL was the most challenging environment I ever managed athletes in, the pressure and the scrutiny make it very difficult. I was coming from a place of having 20 plus years of experience, I'd had Australian cricketers threaten to bash me for not letting them bat, or not talk to me for 5 days on tour because they were ruled out of a game, or be fronted by wives or girlfriends to hand out a spray. If it is your first time dealing with those types of passions it is bloody hard and mistakes will be made.
Interesting context

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Can we not just take Josh Caddy's thumb & Hamstring to get these 2 guys on the park ?
Surely cant be that difficult

Lets take his hip as well Lambert will need it from looks of it
We’re still trying to take Vlastuin’s thumb from Choly’s ass.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
He's close apparently.
Pretty handy 3 x Premiership player to have in the wings but has missed a fair bit of footy..
Who goes out if Tigga comes in?

The temptation will be one of Gibcus or Miller, but Adelaide have a tall forward line. Possibly Ralphsmith, but he'd be pretty unlucky.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
He's close apparently.
Pretty handy 3 x Premiership player to have in the wings but has missed a fair bit of footy..
Who goes out if Tigga comes in?
I'd go Ralphy to sub. Tough given his form, but maintains balance. It's either him or Miller, unless Gosh Jibcus needs a rest.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Crows have Himmelberg, Gallant and Walker as talls. But only 1 of them actually plays tall and thats Himmelberg.

Tarrant - Himmelberg
Broad - Walker
Gibcus - Gallant

Out goes Miller for Vlastuin.

Vlastuin to assume the intercept/rebound role Broad has been playing.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I’d rest Gibcus. He’s got plenty of time.
He’s also earmarked as playing the same interceptor role as Vlastuin.
Give him a spell in the twos to really dominate and gain confidence.
In the meantime give Miller a run of games to prove to everyone, including himself, that he belongs at senior level. We’ll never know if we keep dropping him and recalling him due only to injuries

Reactions: 6 users