Nick Vlastuin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Vlastuin

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
No way he plays Round 1. A standard hammy is 3 weeks. Might be right for Round 2.

Last edited:

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Big V may not play 22 games a season anymore but his career has been A1.
It's time some kids stood up now
Unfortunately you’ve generally got to watch them fall down a bit first. Lowering expectations for young players to come in and perform straight away is important for the mental health.

Reactions: 1 user

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
I watched Burge injury report yesterday said he will train next week and be right for round 1. Don’t tell me I dreamt it

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Geez - hope they’re wrong
HS article today says that he and Jack G “both trained well” yesterday
I were at training and Tigga had already left the track and on chl 7 news same day had footage of him limping off the track.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
If that's the case then there will be a few red faces in the high performance team.

Was a bit surprised at the be right for round one talk given it would only give him about 18 days.

To be training ten or eleven days out from a hammy is risky business and with someone who hasn't done one before and deosn't know what they are feeling it is even more so.

Even more bizarre is why you would be rushing for round one.
@The Big Richo , we are missing this bloke big-time! IMO.

Reactions: 2 users

14tempany

Tiger Rookie
Apr 12, 2009
Yes when i read this guy was leaving it was a dagger to the heart
I really think in our golden run 2017 -2019 it was noticeable how few STIs we had compared to other teams.
He was crucial to that - as crucial as our winning VFL team IMO
Our injuries were mostly traumatic and you cant do anything about that
It seems now many of our players get STIs and appear to take ages to recover from them
Such a shame we could not keep hold of him

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Imagine Dimma's reaction to the fitness staff when Floss did his hammy and misses a month after being allowed to train just 11 days after his initial hammy.

We've been served very well over recent years by taking that extra time before bringing anyone back.

On face value not following that mantra here has cost Nick and the team.

A worrying pattern is also starting to emerge.

Reactions: 7 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Imagine Dimma's reaction to the fitness staff when Floss did his hammy and misses a month after being allowed to train just 11 days after his initial hammy.

We've been served very well over recent years by taking that extra time before bringing anyone back.

On face value not following that mantra here has cost Nick and the team.

A worrying pattern is also starting to emerge.

Seems strange to reduce the time before bringing players back when they are getting older. At this point of the season I would certainly err on the side of caution.

DS

Reactions: 2 users