• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

ToraToraTora

Piccadilly anyone?
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Jumped better in the ruck but looks like a big dopey donkey. But put his body in the contest many times which is not Chols thing.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Jumped better in the ruck but looks like a big dopey donkey. But put his body in the contest many times which is not Chols thing.
Its a interesting one.
Both have a little bit of X factor.
Similar stats.

Just depends who we think can have that break out quarter that wins a game.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
49% game time. It's becoming clearer to me that 2nd ruck possie is just buying time until Nanks comes back. I'm suspecting a Soldo/Nanks ruck combination.

tigerman

Nank should grow a mullet.
Mar 17, 2003
He wasn't great, but i thought he was ok, in what was his first game in 10 weeks. Ten hit out and 3 clearances, which is 3 more clearances than what Chol got in his last 3 games.

Reactions: 1 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Didn’t really set the world on fire ,

Seems to me chol is a bit more silky , Balta is more bull like ,

But you would like both to get a bit more of it

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Couldn't bring his VFL form to the big stage
May as well go back to Chol

Reactions: 1 user

Tony Braxton-Hicks

It's Tiger Time!
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Not much in stats but there was a sublime handball that gave Rioli his goal.

Nank hopefully can come back, otherwise he's line ball with Chol for impact but he'll be better for the run and at least jumps at it.

Tigers of Old

Proud of our Club.
Jul 26, 2004
5 possessions on a dry day. Had 1 at 3/4 time. :rolleyes:

Looked lost for much of the game again as I feared. I don’t think he’s ready personally.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Not much in stats but there was a sublime handball that gave Rioli his goal.

Nank hopefully can come back, otherwise he's line ball with Chol for impact but he'll be better for the run and at least jumps at it.

Just watched that back on the replay, at the ground I thought it was Edwards the handball was that good, only just realised it was Balta. Was outstanding but not sure we can carry him in finals. Will be interesting which way the MC go, Soldo will be 1st ruck but who will go with him, Balta, Chol or Nank.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Whether he or Chol play makes no difference as to whether we win or lose. I would bring in Nank to play the second ruck role which my make a difference.

14tempany

Tiger Cub
Apr 12, 2009
why not the other tall young fella in the reserves who can play forward or ruck - might be better than both Chol and Balta

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Much better in the last term, but I thought his ruck work was very serviceable all day.

I'd stick with him, he just has x factor and I feel like he could produce a final winning moment.

Bill James

Tiger Legend
May 10, 2005
Maybe but don't think the next three weeks are time. Very hard for anyone let alone 2nd ruck to impress,1 week after 10 out but I would have to take (a fit) Nank over Balta. Nank has the finals record.
MC wants a ruck def then it’s Balta, if it wants a ruck fwd then it’s Chol. Soldo plays in font of Nank the small gain is not worth the large risk.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Soldo 29 hitouts 8 to advantage to Martin 27 and 6. Balta 10 hitouts and 1 to advantage. McInerney14 and 4. We were always going to be hammered by the 2nd ruck as McInerney s a very capable ruckman. I prefer Balta to Chol at this stage but if Nanks can prove his fitness I'm now sold on Soldo/Nanks combination. Chol and Balta received around 50% game time and I just think Nanks 50% game time would give us a lot more.