Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

Super talented & athletic. Great game & just one poor kick when he tried to go short. I’d encourage him to run & go long as much as he can. A long way to go before he’s in Rance’s class (he read the game as well as any defender I’ve seen at our club in 40 years), but lots of great signs. AFL quality key defender in the making.
And his leg gives us an ability to break through a high press.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes - best game for the club and looked a natural for chb.

It good to know that we have Astbury injury covered and he is such a versatile player.

Reactions: 1 users
A lot being made of that one kick. Kick was fine, just wrong option. You need to make mistakes to improve and he will learn from that.
just watched replay and he was very good tonight, if anything he was quite restrained from his usual crazy runs and monster kicks.

Reactions: 7 users
Very good game.
Just to temper expectations the melbin key forwards are only Tom McDonald and no one.
He had a good duel when mcdonald played higher up the ground, otherwise he was too big for the rest of the dees.
They are not a great forward line, but he can only beat who is out there.

Reactions: 6 users
A lot being made of that one kick. Kick was fine, just wrong option. You need to make mistakes to improve and he will learn from that.
just watched replay and he was very good tonight, if anything he was quite restrained from his usual crazy runs and monster kicks.
Nope...terrible kick and option, but was bloody good besides that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Super talented & athletic. Great game & just one poor kick when he tried to go short. I’d encourage him to run & go long as much as he can. A long way to go before he’s in Rance’s class (he read the game as well as any defender I’ve seen at our club in 40 years), but lots of great signs. AFL quality key defender in the making.

At the risk of repeating myself. I just see Kouta. And I mean that as a compliment.

His pace was really decisive in closing down contests. Great game, just a couple of very poor decisions as he tired in the last. Needs to play every week.

Very good game.
Just to temper expectations the melbin key forwards are only Tom McDonald and no one.
He had a good duel when mcdonald played higher up the ground, otherwise he was too big for the rest of the dees.
They are not a great forward line, but he can only beat who is out there.

Good point. Encouraging game and has a great opportunity to back it up against the swans who also have no key forwards of note in Buddy’s absence.

The real test for McNoah though will be when we come up against a team like West Coast with multiple tall KPFs.

A lot comparing him to Rance and I get that. Even some of the kicking was Rance like because there was never anything wrong with Alex’s kicking early in his career, just his decision making.
However what we have with Balta is a genuine swing man which we haven’t had in a long time.
His flexibility will be very valuable going forward. 20 years old and lots to like.

Reactions: 4 users
Gee whiz , well played Noah. I was worried he was a bit all over the shop for the backline. He looked dominate whenever the ball was in the area. Loved his long kicks & hate to say he reminded me of a certain someone.

Awesome performance from a novice tall back. Will be a solid 200 game Richmond player.

The kick was the right option just did not connect well. If he got it over the Melbourne player we were away. I would rather he fail being attacking than chip chip chip.

Reactions: 3 users
Gee whiz , well played Noah. I was worried he was a bit all over the shop for the backline. He looked dominate whenever the ball was in the area. Loved his long kicks & hate to say he reminded me of a certain someone.

Rance fell into holes against bigger bodied players.
Balta will feed off the same type.
Athletic, fast, Good hands and a better long kick.
He is exactly what we needed.
Im rapted

Good point. Encouraging game and has a great opportunity to back it up against the swans who also have no key forwards of note in Buddy’s absence.

The real test for McNoah though will be when we come up against a team like West Coast with multiple tall KPFs.

Agreed with Tigerdell and this - [Dees FL is just bare, only one KPF after all those years of high draft picks and deal-making!! Pathetic]

However, I see Balts as a perfect match-up for Darling or Allen. Hopefully, by the time we have to play them, DTLD is back to handle the hoary old monster, Kennedy.

Reactions: 1 user

“McNoah”

Love it.

It's the second coming of the prophet

And good to know we have the third coming covered in the future when Mohamed Houli becomes a F/S taken by the tigers in about 18 years from now.

I thought i heard one of the boys call Balta, Don.
Don Johnson Miami VICE.
Those hands were like a VICE. :clap2
8 marks 6 intercept marks 3 contested.