Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

Wow, harsh marker. Considering the disposal of some of our more established players this year *cough*Castagna*cough *, we can give him a pass for a couple of exuberant moments.

yep Baloo's brain needs recalibration

Reactions: 1 user
The turnover was frustrating but like Rance early days the upside is absolutely huge with this kid.

Only in his third season and pulling in 20 disposals and 8 marks (3 contested) playing as key defender. As a tall, that is a very, very good sign.

Reactions: 2 users
Brilliant marking and kicking in his game today. Most of his kicks were low-flying 50-55m bombs to a well-chosen target. A couple of kicks just needed another metre of elevation to be as successful. He also competed really well on the ground with his strength and attack on the ball and opponents.
We probably need to keep him at chb as there have been signs that Dave and Grimesy wilting a little with the pressure of holding up the defence without the great Alex Rance for another season.
However, thought Noah's marking today was much better than Jack's who played better but still getting hands to plenty that he is not holding, especially those 2 in Q4 which could have been costly.

That first mark was perfect. The best possible start in his return to top flight footy. If he can keep improving he could be devastating with that slipper and his attack on the footy coming off half back. Possible weapon.

Reactions: 5 users
Such a natural looking athlete ,

hopefully develops into an intercepting marking beast down back , that would really take some pressure off the likes of grimes and Vlastun

Super talented & athletic. Great game & just one poor kick when he tried to go short. I’d encourage him to run & go long as much as he can. A long way to go before he’s in Rance’s class (he read the game as well as any defender I’ve seen at our club in 40 years), but lots of great signs. AFL quality key defender in the making.

Reactions: 4 users
A great game, i wasn't sure where he was best suited, but he looked very good down back today. A big improvement on the pre-season game against the Pies.

Reactions: 1 users
Really pleasing signs from Balta today. He's a ripping athlete, looks strong and is quick for his size.

Agree with the sentiments of others that he still has a lot to learn, but he's got the tools to be an impact player, that's for sure.

Couple of poor kicks. But a really, really good game.