Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
He was *smile* fantastic. He made mistakes because he was in the game, trying to do stuff. Stoked with his performance.

Had to check if this was the Balta or Higgins thread for a second there.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Had to check if this was the Balta or Higgins thread for a second there.
I gave Higlet a vote.

Only Lablett had more touches than Noah. I counted at least five intercept marks and a few more intercept possessions.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Must play rest of year.
Perfect year to get games into him.

Reactions: 6 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Made a couple of stinker decisions with the kick in the last instead of handballing out to Broad wide and alone on the wing was his worst but he was attacking which was good.

Chasing and tackling were fierce and he had presence. Intercepted very well which had him reading the play well .

A very good performance from the young Colt.

Exciting and encouraging ..... big developmental opportunity this season.

Same as Aarts had a couple of moments but geez his endeavour and workrate were fantastic.

These guys had a few boo boos but contributed way more positives.

Grover and Houli on the other hand and some of Geoges efforts were not so palatable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Great game from Noah. Once he gets the composure that comes with experience he could well turn into a very good defender.

Reactions: 1 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
We need this guy to play a string of games. With good coaching he could be the utility we are craving.

Reactions: 6 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He took more intercept marks..8 today then Rance would've taken.
I couldn't believe how good his hands were

Reactions: 5 users

silvertiger

Tiger Rookie
Aug 28, 2014
One horrid turnover but the rest of his game was outstanding.
Think we have a dead set ripper. He has pace, height and bulk. He also kicks like a mule. He just needs more games. Once he gets more games his decision making will improve just like Rance! :clap2

Reactions: 1 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
He took more intercept marks..8 today then Rance would've taken.
I couldn't believe how good his hands were

His hands were tremendous, but just as good was his getting to the right spots to take them, brilliant.

Reactions: 4 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Was good today. One dodgy kick that he shouldn’t have made, but overall very solid. His pace worries oppo forwards and he can mark the ball. Like to see him unload some of those monster kicks we’ve seen previously.

Reactions: 1 user

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Not that enamoured with him. Looks great at times but he's cost us with his misguided disposal.

Wow, harsh marker. Considering the disposal of some of our more established players this year *cough*Castagna*cough *, we can give him a pass for a couple of exuberant moments.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Wow, harsh marker. Considering the disposal of some of our more established players this year *cough*Castagna*cough *, we can give him a pass for a couple of exuberant moments.
Surely Baloo was being sarcastic?

I love him taking the game on.