Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

Might have Charlie Dixon next round, probably the most in-form key position player at the moment.
Big test.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
how long is he signed up for and please tell me he is not managed by the merkin?

Reactions: 1 user
He looks like and plays like he was genetically engineered in a lab by Elon Musk to play this game.

The sky is the absolute limit. I'm amazed at how one touch his marking is and how good his footskills are. He's like a young colt, who's well on his way to becoming a stallion.

Reactions: 1 users
He looks like and plays like he was genetically engineered in a lab by Elon Musk to play this game.

The sky is the absolute limit. I'm amazed at how one touch his marking is and how good his footskills are. He's like a young colt, who's well on his way to becoming a stallion.
What's got me is how well he's been reading the ball in the air. This was the one thing I thought he'd struggle with in defence, couldn't have been more wrong.

Lucky we didn't have Pick 1 in 2017 we might have wasted it on Cam Raynor ;)

An exercise in hindsight, what players, (if any), inside the top 25 would you draft ahead of Balta? I only have Jaidyn Stephenson, Aaron Naughton and Tim Kelly in the conversation.

2017 AFL Draft
Round Pick Club Player
1 1 Brisbane Lions Cam Rayner
1 2 Fremantle Dockers Andrew Brayshaw
1 3 Carlton Blues Paddy Dow
1 4 North Melbourne Kangaroos Luke Davies-Uniacke
1 5 Fremantle Dockers Adam Cerra
1 6 Collingwood Magpies Jaidyn Stephenson
1 7 St Kilda Saints Hunter Clark
1 8 St Kilda Saints Nick Coffield
1 9 Western Bulldogs Aaron Naughton
1 10 Carlton Blues Lochie O’Brien
1 11 GWS Giants Aiden Bonar
1 12 Adelaide Crows Darcy Fogarty
1 13 West Coast Eagles Jarrod Brander
1 14 Sydney Swans Matthew Ling
1 15 Brisbane Lions Zac Bailey
1 16 Western Bulldogs Ed Richards
1 17 Richmond Tigers Jack Higgins
1 18 Brisbane Lions Brandon Starcevic
1 19 Gold Coast Suns Wil Powell
2 20 Richmond Tigers Callum Coleman-Jones
2 21 West Coast Eagles Oscar Allen
2 22 Geelong Cats Lachlan Fogarty
2 23 North Melbourne Kangaroos Will Walker
2 24 Geelong Cats Tim Kelly
2 25 Richmond Tigers Noah Balta

Just reviewing my post of May 2019, i was spot on if you can forgive my Jayden Stephenson comment:rolleyes::)

What's got me is how well he's been reading the ball in the air. This was the one thing I thought he'd struggle with in defence, couldn't have been more wrong.

Same.
Thought he was somewhat hesitant last year but this year wow.
Another scalp.

Big assignment on Dixon Saturday.

Reactions: 1 user
Same.
Thought he was somewhat hesitant last year but this year wow.
Another scalp.

Big assignment on Dixon Saturday.
He won’t know who Dixon is? Leppa said he’d never heard of Harris Andrews this week when he said he should try to emulate him

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I never thought I'd say we have found a replacement for the greatest Richmond back to ever lace up, a mere 12 months since his departure. Tracking off the charts.

Reactions: 5 users
I never thought I'd say we have found a replacement for the greatest Richmond back to ever lace up, a mere 12 months since his departure. Tracking off the charts.

Off the charts.

What do we do with Astbury???

-Does the band get together?
-Does Balta replace Chol as the -ruck/forward?
-Do we leave the kid in?
-What do we do with Astbury??

Balta is a back and I think with him in the team we will match up against the Eagles really well - that’s one team where Astbury and Balta could line up together.

Love watching his breakout year.

It's a pity he'd played 3 too many games at the start of the year to be eligible for a rising star nomination. He'd be right up there

Balta, Grimes and Astbury all needed in the back line. Imagine that, tall and awesome.

Astbury and Balta line up against every other team.

DS