Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Dixon used to try and throw Rance about.
Reckon he is going to come hard for Balta.
I dont rate him but he is an aggressive type.
Hope Noah just plays his natural game and uses his pace etc on him.

Massive assignment.
Will be his toughest match up thus far.
Will try and unsettle the kid.
They may isolate him deep.
He will be aggressive against Balta groom before the start and throughout.
Hope that where possible he has some help but we may have our hands full with their young forward, Gray and ‘bow & arrow’.

Reactions: 1 users

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
Jared Polec would be too rough for Hipwood. Hipwood initiated body contact twice last night. Once to push Grimes after he had marked the ball, the other to clip Vlastuin across the head after he marked the ball. He spent the rest of the night looking for space. Most 14yo bean stalks would play tougher.

But yes, Balta was great again.

his post match interview even reminded me of Rance. A guy who knows how good he is (on and off the field), but a bit 'different'.

The Lions wonder why they can't kick straight. It's all on their imposter of a tall Hipwood. They have all their shots from difficult angles because their key forward refuses to play tall. He leads wide in search of vacant grass when the team is crying out for him to play in the corridor. His type are the worst, frauds.
The lions would be better served by Jacob Townsend at least he would take the heat and allow guys like Cameron to play as smalls.

They will never win a flag while he is their number one forward

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Massive assignment.
Will be his toughest match up thus far.
Will try and unsettle the kid.
They may isolate him deep.
He will be aggressive against Balta groom before the start and throughout.
Hope that where possible he has some help but we may have our hands full with their young forward, Gray and ‘bow & arrow’.

LOL Balta ain’t intimated by anyone. If Jane tries any of that stuff Balta will destroy him. Leppa said he would be close to the strongest player in the comp. Dixon faux tough guy act will be exposed for sure.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Balta is a better contested mark than Rance
By 150 games Balta will be the elite Backman in the AFL

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
LOL Balta ain’t intimated by anyone. If Jane tries any of that stuff Balta will destroy him. Leppa said he would be close to the strongest player in the comp. Dixon faux tough guy act will be exposed for sure.
I can't see Dixon trying too much, Balta has Soldo or Nank, Broady, Grimes, Vlastuin & even Baker backing him, all are tougher than Charlie Dixon. There's also Pickett, Martin, KMac and Lynch, all happy to put some hurt on, I don't think Port have any enforcers of this nature in their side.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The Lions wonder why they can't kick straight. It's all on their imposter of a tall Hipwood. They have all their shots from difficult angles because their key forward refuses to play tall. He leads wide in search of vacant grass when the team is crying out for him to play in the corridor. His type are the worst, frauds.
The lions would be better served by Jacob Townsend at least he would take the heat and allow guys like Cameron to play as smalls.

They will never win a flag while he is their number one forward
Hipwood needs a power forward playing next to him. For instance if Lynch was playing for Brisbane he would be able to use his attributes to a greater extent . His problem at Brisbane is that he is the go-to forward and he isn't built to be one. He is actually a very tall flanker trying to play as a key forward. (which was what Liam Macbean was as as well)
We actually bid on Hipwood in the draft at the pick we took Rioli but the Lions matched us so we must have rated him. Personally I think he is a very good player but they are asking too much of him at the moment.

Last edited:

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

Yeah he looks the type KK.
Would love Dixon to be shown he is a fake wannabe tough guy.

agincourt

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 4, 2004
Personally I think he is a very good player but they are asking too much of him at the moment.
I always thought he would become a decent player........but how many years in the system now and he still hasn't found the gym???

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I always thought he would become a decent player........but how many years in the system now and he still hasn't found the gym???
Yeah.... got an extremely funny body shape... it may have been during the preseason and a bloke standing the mark was calling him Eric the Eel..... think the ball slithered off the side of his boot!

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Dixon shows all the signs of a physcopath and he tries to impersonate the Hulk as he struts around their forward line.

Going to be interesting as Balta shows all the signs of not being intimidated

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Dixon is a unique beast in the AFL his just so *smile* big , thought Balta did Ok , thing I like most is he kept competing , even when he backed himself and flew for a mark when Vlastuin had it covered , if his body stays sound I think we have a beauty and about as close as you could possibly hope for as a replacement for Rance.

Reactions: 7 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Yeah, I did say Dixon would be too strong but no shame there, learning curve and all that jazz.