Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

Sintiger said:
I watched probably half the game on the live streaming on and off but he reminded me of a young Alex Rance in that a few times his decision making with the ball was a bit questionable but that’s inexperience.

He is undoubtedly a talent and is going to be a monster physically as well.

Seeing the vision my first thought was how did he drop to 25?

What’s the story with CCJ by the way, is he injured?

Nothing questionable about his decision making from my perspective, absolute opposite to Rance in his early years, Balta's ball use was elite yesterday which will be born out when RFC put his game highlights up on the website which they inevitably will.

zippadeee said:
Wasn't the same said about Elton? How did he last to pick 20 something?
Let's give him time playing in the firsts. Before ends up like the 300 superstar duds we have had in the 2nds spoken about like they're the next big thing.

Zipp you really throwing Elton up as a comparison ?? Fly is not a coach that singles out players especially after 1 game but he couldn't help himself, said anyone watching the game would see that we have a serious player, (used serious player twice actually) on our hands.

taztiger4 said:
nearly same size as P Cripps, could he become a mid ?

That would fill a need as well. What is the greater need?
We have a few talls now, Chol, Miller, CCJ, Moore, Balta. If a couple of them make it would great if he could play midfield.

zippadeee said:
Let's give him time playing in the firsts. Before ends up like the 300 superstar duds we have had in the 2nds spoken about like they're the next big thing.
Calm down.

Don’t think I was ever part of the McBean hype or any other. It’s a first impression on a live stream.

Footy supporters always hope, it’s part of our DNA l

zippadeee said:

Zipps we're the premiers, time for a bit of glass half full ;)

caesar said:
Zipp you really throwing Elton up as a comparison ?? Fly is not a coach that singles out players especially after 1 game but he couldn't help himself, said anyone watching the game would see that we have a serious player, (used serious player twice actually) on our hands.
Now what would fly know , no matter which end of the ground he plays his going to have to perfect educators on ground in Riewoldt and Rance to go with his immense talent.

caesar said:
Nothing questionable about his decision making from my perspective, absolute opposite to Rance in his early years, Balta's ball use was elite yesterday which will be born out when RFC put his game highlights up on the website which they inevitably will.
In the 2nd half he had a few kicks where he could have gone longer and kicked short to questionable one on ones. Thats all I am saying, that’s what Rance used to do early.

He is a great user I agree but that’s what I saw a few times

Watching VFL game replay. Noah is AFL standard. So too are Moore and Stengel.
Balta will be a very good player. Would like him in the seniors asap.
Chol in my view will never make it. Can't read the game and no intensity.

Please don't pump his tyres up too much.
It's the kiss of death.
So many have come Before and failed.

se7en said:
Please don't pump his tyres up too much.
It's the kiss of death.
So many have come Before and failed.

The others were pre ( excuse the pun ) ejaculation.
This kid's the full wad

He is still learning the game in the big leagues and AFL is a quantum level above VFL level so he needs time to improve so that he can take the step up. Promotion too early could have a disastrous effect on his career

Blind Turn said:
I've got nothing to add. Just wanted to get his name to the top of the page again

I'll add something for you then, Defensive development coach Ryan Ferguson was the guest speaker before the game at 3121 today. Answering a question on who of the new boys impressed in VFL yesterday he added his name in endorsing Balta. He laughed when he said Noha was meant to be playing CHB but ended up doing as he pleased and just ran up and down the ground, took the game on and when he made mistakes won the ball back for the team. Don't think he minded Balta's initiative at all.
PS. I have it on good authority that all the line coaches, (Defense, Forwards and Mids), had to do Rock Paper Scissors to avoid fisticuffs for his services, (the guy could play anywhere), Fergo won ;D

UKTiger said:
He is still learning the game in the big leagues and AFL is a quantum level above VFL level so he needs time to improve so that he can take the step up. Promotion too early could have a disastrous effect on his career

Do you mean a very small level?