Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

In his bio state states prefers playing forward as it comes more naturally to him

thegdog said:
His uncle is ex cat/bomber John Barnes

Must be on his mum's side as his dads side is Croation. His Father or Uncle was on Hawthorns list but walked very early to pursue soccer ( which amounted to nothing )

Noah Balta's game today was elite small back. So good he should be promoted to the role at AFL level.

His cleanness at ankle height was scary. His pace was AFL elite. He was conservative by foot but will rip games apart in the future.

Surprisingly, he was a bit down overhead. His hands at ground level are glue. When his confidence is right they re better at the air ball.

The best talls are elite smalls. Noah Balta has many gifts.

SCOOP said:
Needs to train and learn the game as a tall.

For me he’s a CHB to start with. Use his athletic traits to launch attacks. Most of his best footy this year was as an attacking defender who pushes forward. Had cameo’s in the ruck and rolling forward but I have him as our next CHB if there is still such a role. More a key defender who excels as a interceptor. Hopefully when he gets more size he can play some relief ruck but you dont want him in there next year. Protect your assets.

Today sounds promising. It’s the role I reckon he’s best suited for. Exciting times.

Was extremely impressed with Charlie Curnow watching Coll/Carl on friday night andthe thought did cross my mind hope Balta ends up being a monster foward like curnow who can also go through the midfield - Looking like i might get my wish

Kid is a talent - no doubt.

Question is where will he be playing at AFL level? CHB or CHF??

Tigertool said:
I feel like you've forgotten just how big the McBean hype was on here, cracker.

The funny thing with the McBean hype on here ,

I very rarely got to see seconds games , but used to read the hype here and get excited ,expecting the next Richo

When i finally got to see a seconds game , I thought ..... huh is that him ?

Smoking Aces said:

I really hope he ends up as a big forward with stints on the ball. This is the player type I have yearned for. I’m thinking players such as Pavlich or Roughhead. A boy can dream right?

Dyer'ere said:
Noah Balta's game today was elite small back. So good he should be promoted to the role at AFL level.

His cleanness at ankle height was scary. His pace was AFL elite. He was conservative by foot but will rip games apart in the future.

Surprisingly, he was a bit down overhead. His hands at ground level are glue. When his confidence is right they re better at the air ball.

a bit harsh, he took 3 ripper OH marks that I remember, 2 of which he had no right to mark, was way of of position but just reached up & in & grabbed em

Smoking Aces said:

Be great if he ends up a key forward with Miller a key defender.

I watched probably half the game on the live streaming on and off but he reminded me of a young Alex Rance in that a few times his decision making with the ball was a bit questionable but that’s inexperience.

He is undoubtedly a talent and is going to be a monster physically as well.

Seeing the vision my first thought was how did he drop to 25?

What’s the story with CCJ by the way, is he injured?

Dyer'ere said:

Hopefully the gift that keeps on giving.
Has he ever played midfield in his junior career? I only see KPP at this stage but who knows?

Sintiger said:
I watched probably half the game on the live streaming on and off but he reminded me of a young Alex Rance in that a few times his decision making with the ball was a bit questionable but that’s inexperience.

He is undoubtedly a talent and is going to be a monster physically as well.

Seeing the vision my first thought was how did he drop to 25?

What’s the story with CCJ by the way, is he injured?

Wasn't the same said about Elton? How did he last to pick 20 something?
Let's give him time playing in the firsts. Before ends up like the 300 superstar duds we have had in the 2nds spoken about like they're the next big thing.