Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Balta doesn’t read the play particularly well in defense. You can often see him get caught out of position in the contest only to then win or neutralize it using his superior athleticism. This may work when he’s being lead to the ball but I’m not sure it will cut it up forward where he’ll have to make the play.

Leave him down back for now.

Reactions: 1 user

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra
Balta doesn’t read the play particularly well in defense. You can often see him get caught out of position in the contest only to then win or neutralize it using his superior athleticism. This may work when he’s being lead to the ball but I’m not sure it will cut it up forward where he’ll have to make the play.

Leave him down back for now.
The way we bomb it inside the forward 50 I think he will be fine. We aren’t exactly known for hitting leading forwards on the tit.

• Haha

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Just rewatched the 2020 grannie tonight and the move of Balta to on ball late in the second term was a game changer and one reason we got back into that game. He was superb in that second half.

Balta has done his time down back - time for him to play wing, ruck forward and let him run wild destruction on the opposition defenders.
Haha so did I, first time in about 8 months :)

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
I've been re-watching the 2019 season and i just watched the Freo game when Nank got injured and the following match against the hawks. Balta was played as a ruck/forward and did some amazing stuff which bodes well for this year if they release him from the backline.

Reactions: 2 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I used to have my foxtel I.Q with all our finals games saved and some really good home away games
Updated it to the I.Q 4 and have lost them all

Where can i watch the games ? they dont seem to be on youtube

HKTigerB

Tiger Rookie
Jun 24, 2019
I used to have my foxtel I.Q with all our finals games saved and some really good home away games

AFL Site. Go to Matches. Pick the season, the round and then pick the video. There back to 2012 or something.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

I lost 2017 that way :cry:

• Sad

casper68

Tiger Champion
Oct 20, 2004
dromana

If you have a decent-sized USB drive, l can help you out.

Attachments

• 2017.jpg
    2017.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 49

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine

I bought the box set-the quality is bad but after a couple of games you kinda get used to it.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I bought the box set-the quality is bad but after a couple of games you kinda get used to it.
Seems like a great idea to have the box sets of seasons games and finals, watch them any time you like n enjoy the Tiges flogging all comers. Then you consider the lack of picture quality of the DVD's n it's nothing more than a disgrace.

Reactions: 1 users

code yellow and black

Tiger Rookie
Sep 21, 2014

Kayo. Probably telling u want u already know but u could save some cash and move over to kayo. U get everything on fox footy channel anyway. Plus on demand replays. Watched the 2020 grand final the other night.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The curious case of Noah Balta. Legit have no idea how 2022 pans out for him.

Or what role he plays. Everything is in play.

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra

It is a bit of a mystery. A lot will depend on Injuries. Tarrant goes down and he will have to play KPD. Soldo or a Nank go down and we will have to play fwd/ruck. Lynch or Jack go down and he might have to KPF.

I think his best position may be fwd/ruck but he might be needed elsewhere.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
It is a bit of a mystery. A lot will depend on Injuries. Tarrant goes down and he will have to play KPD. Soldo or a Nank go down and we will have to play fwd/ruck. Lynch or Jack go down and he might have to KPF.

I think his best position may be fwd/ruck but he might be needed elsewhere.
If Tarrant does go down we have Miller in the wings and his one match at AFL level is anything to go by, he wont let us down

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

Keep it simple. Play him where he has excelled the last couple of years - in defence.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Very interesting to read in today's HS that Noah is training with the forward group.
IMHO, a good move.
Jack will most likely retire after this season and Lynch is not getting any younger.
Remember that Balta is only 19 or 20 I think, so to groom him as a future FF is good work.
If he plays some time this year up forward we will see how he performs there.
With his marking skills, athleticism and long kicking he seems a logical fit.

Reactions: 3 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Very interesting to read in today's HS that Noah is training with the forward group.
IMHO, a good move.
Jack will most likely retire after this season and Lynch is not getting any younger.
Remember that Balta is only 19 or 20 I think, so to groom him as a future FF is good work.
If he plays some time this year up forward we will see how he performs there.
With his marking skills, athleticism and long kicking he seems a logical fit.
Balta is 22 years old.

Id like to take this opportunity to thank

casper68

Really appreciate helping me out with the lost games from 2017-2020 and also adding some special games in the package as well
Thanks mate and this is what makes Richmond supporters so unique and always go out of their way to help each other out.

Thank You Casper68

Reactions: 8 users