Not happy Membership Dept | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Not happy Membership Dept

rombosghost

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 14, 2004
Has anyone else ever had their account debited after removing their payment method? Fuming.

Freezer

Tiger Legend
Feb 22, 2007
I’ve never been on the rollover payment thing, until suddenly this year, my family’s memberships were all renewed without my consent. I wasn’t particularly happy about it.

Reactions: 1 user

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I have been a roll over member for a while as it works for me. The club has just done the dirty deed on my bank and renewed my membership for another year. All ready for season 2024

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I have been a roll over member for a while as it works for me. The club has just done the dirty deed on my bank and renewed my membership for another year. All ready for season 2024
Same but I was gonna wait this year and do it manually next year when I had more cash.

I thought I had cancelled auto renewal, but that was my Internet security as they billed me twice.

More other pressing expenses right now and RFC Membership is not necessary to be renewed till the new year anyway.

rombosghost

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 14, 2004
Cheers guys. Not real happy about it but I will let it slide as I love the club (I’ve cool down LOL)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Had the rolling membership pretty much since they first introduced it. Easiest way to pay the membership in 10 monthly payments instead of as a lump sum up front n don't have to worry about renewing the membership year in year out. However, if it comes to the time that I'm tight for funds, or simply decide that it's time to stop going to the footy week after week. Then I reckon I'd be serious pissed off if the club continued to debit my account after I'd notified them to cancel my membership.
The whole idea of this online system is to provide simple convenience for all concerned, not to *smile* people over n double dip while no-one is paying attention.

Reactions: 1 users

frecks

Tiger Cub
Feb 24, 2008
I'm also a roll-over member & have been for a number of years, probably what helped me get to 55 years continuous Ms. The club did advise, & has advised in past the date that the payment would be renewed. No complaints this end

Reactions: 11 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I'm also a roll-over member & have been for a number of years, probably what helped me get to 55 years continuous Ms. The club did advise, & has advised in past the date that the payment would be renewed. No complaints this end
Same. I got an email of advisement. No shenanigans.

Tigers08

Tiger Cub
Apr 25, 2015
Compared to some of my Pies friends (yes I have them) we are treated very well. Friend of mine being price gouged at the moment and has been treated shabbily in the past. Tiger staff warm professional. Our family has nothing but praise for our membdhip department.

Reactions: 12 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Same but I was gonna wait this year and do it manually next year when I had more cash.

I thought I had cancelled auto renewal, but that was my Internet security as they billed me twice.

More other pressing expenses right now and RFC Membership is not necessary to be renewed till the new year anyway.
Never ever Graigy get them to deduct anything.
*smile* them pay by CC when your ready
I didn't get to too many games this year but didn't receive anything. No membership packs nothing.
4 family membership not 1 thing.
Not happy either, I just always forget to follow it up with them.
This new technology has me fked.
If it continues, I will stop.
I was buying membership from Denise Drysdale at Dimmys in the early 80's.
The way they have it now forgets about the people from that era.
What's the purpose of sending us a questionnaire every year but not doing anything about it.
I might go to the GM and unleash

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Never ever Graigy get them to deduct anything.
*smile* them pay by CC when your ready
I didn't get to too many games this year but didn't receive anything. No membership packs nothing.
4 family membership not 1 thing.
Not happy either, I just always forget to follow it up with them.
This new technology has me fked.
If it continues, I will stop.
I was buying membership from Denise Drysdale at Dimmys in the early 80's.
The way they have it now forgets about the people from that era.
What's the purpose of sending us a questionnaire every year but not doing anything about it.
I might go to the GM and unleash

They did send packs out but you purchased things off the website. You would have received an email about it.

BTW - I found out today that 15 is when a child becomes a concession. Its a pretty massive increase in price, my daughter goes from $160 for the year to over $400!

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
I really don’t like the fact autopay/rollover has to be opted out of every year and that the only way to do this is to phone the club during work hours. It might make sense for people who have a reserved seat that they want to keep, but I have a GA as I stand up. At least we do get an email advising us now - we didn’t used to and one year my payment came out simply because I hadn’t realised the date by which I had to call them (which seems to have got earlier in recent years).

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
They did send packs out but you purchased things off the website. You would have received an email about it.

BTW - I found out today that 15 is when a child becomes a concession. Its a pretty massive increase in price, my daughter goes from $160 for the year to over $400!
It's getting to stage people won't sign up.
$400 bucks is heaps.
I was buying home & away memberships when we were shitful and now we are quality I buy 3 game memberships.
I just don't go to every game.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
It's getting to stage people won't sign up.
I reckon the cost-of-living Inflation biting, as well as Hardwick Gate and the drop off on field could realistically cost the Tigers upwards of maybe 15,000 members this coming season.

The auto debit dipping into accounts will have them retaining a few members by stealth who may have been reconsidering but had not yet cancelled auto renewal, and many cant be arsed chasing up cancellations or refunds once the transaction has been done.

Id be interested to know what projection the club has for 2024 memberships. Surely they cant be expecting as many as recent years following the shower of shitt that was 2023 and the economic hardships being faced across the community..

Last edited:

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I reckon the cost of living Inflation biting, as well as Hardwick Gate and the drop off on field could realistically cost the Tigers upwards of maybe 15,000 members this coming season.
More will drop off.
If our form drops off
If we get alot of games at the telstra dome,
The cost.
I hate pre booking tickets.
The game is hard to watch.

• Sad

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
I reckon the cost-of-living Inflation biting, as well as Hardwick Gate and the drop off on field could realistically cost the Tigers upwards of maybe 15,000 members this coming season.

The auto debit dipping into accounts will have them retaining a few members by stealth who may have been reconsidering but had not yet cancelled auto renewal, and many cant be arsed chasing up cancellations or refunds once the transaction has been done.

Id be interested to know what projection the club has for 2024 memberships. Surely they cant be expecting as many as recent years following the shower of shitt that was 2023 and the economic hardships being faced across the community..

It is the end of October and they are hitting CC's when the games don't start until March, bit rude.

Bourke30JC33

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 15, 2021
RFC - Back to Back Dynasties
Was reading through weekend papers.
Just noticed the women's team scored three behinds until three quarter time.
I hope they don't siphon funds from the men's team membership revenues to support it.

Last edited:

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Im a 21 year member, 2024 will be 22 years.

They did this exact same thing to me about 6-7 years ago, NO approval, just auto renewed. I called them (from overseas) and was displeased and politely told them so.

I have a few CC with different banks internationally with different currency so having used one once they then used without authority.

I also agree with Jake above, its the end of October and they are billing for March 2024.....

Love the club but thats not right on both counts.