Not happy Membership Dept | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Not happy Membership Dept

Not heard a word from the club yet.
The club hasnt heard from itself either.
What's the point of the questioner they send out do they get the feed back??
**supporters being charged 5 months before the start of the season.
*memberships more expensive
*3 time premiership captain going after the coach that gave him the 3 flags.

What an off season

Does anyone know whether any of the rules around cost of memberships, when someone becomes a full member etc are a club thing or the AFL. I suspect that they are mandated by the AFL but I may be wrong. If that is the case there may be an element of shooting the messenger in this.

I also think the club will have an issue with getting to 100,000 again on 2024 but I suspect many clubs will have problems with the economic situation hitting home. I am an AFL club support member and I see a lot of families there on game day and wonder at times how they afford it.

i don’t see the big deal spreading the cost out over a year that makes it cheaper to afford.
Oh and people where more than happy to buy a membership when we were winning.
I for one dont care if a few thousand jump off. Membership numbers are are *smile* anyway.

Reactions: 3 users
A bit of perspective please

Only a couple of years ago us RFC members were all pretty happy campers. It was great stuff following the whinging sad sack moaning members at Coll/Melb/Carl/Ess etc etc etc

Sure membership/renewal/payment issues can arise but in my experience (having just got to 30 consecutive years) it’s best to immediately ring the number and they’re usually sorted pronto.

I always complete the end of year survey and give criticism where I see fit. Some of my gripes involved the intrusive announcements at breaks at the ‘G and about having to make online bookings when we had our physical card. I remember particularly shirty when they (sneakily) ditched the Cocktail Party at Crown - and I brought that each year for years afterwards. And I always wanted an extra car sticker. A couple of times I’ve had a follow-up phone call - but that obviously doesn’t guarantee they were ever gonna change things for me.

FWIW - I quite like the “rewards” (cap or scarf or stickers) system now with the ability to get them posted out before the season rather than have queue up at the ground.

Hopefully we don’t see a drop off in membership even if we don’t seriously contend in the next season or two.

Reactions: 9 users
i don’t see the big deal spreading the cost out over a year that makes it cheaper to afford.
Pretty sure that spreading the payment doesn't make it any cheaper, does make it a hell of a lot easier to manage the payment though. Probably also makes it better for the club to manage as well as they get a constant revenue stream coming in, rather than having to chase hard to get fans to sign up and getting the bulk of this revenue in a lump payment.
Haven't looked at the exact cost of next years membership yet, but it's way easier on the hip pocket copping ten payments of around $100 per month than looking to find a $1000 lump in one hit

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone else ever had their account debited after removing their payment method? Fuming.

Not saying you're having a rant but have you called the membership dept to discuss this situation, to allow them the opportunity to work it out with you.

Reactions: 1 user
I reckon the cost-of-living Inflation biting, as well as Hardwick Gate and the drop off on field could realistically cost the Tigers upwards of maybe 15,000 members this coming season.

The auto debit dipping into accounts will have them retaining a few members by stealth who may have been reconsidering but had not yet cancelled auto renewal, and many cant be arsed chasing up cancellations or refunds once the transaction has been done.

Id be interested to know what projection the club has for 2024 memberships. Surely they cant be expecting as many as recent years following the shower of shitt that was 2023 and the economic hardships being faced across the community..

I reckon we hit 100K again. new coach, a new era. We finished 13th this year, a crap year, and still hit 100K. Monthly payment is great as it staggers the cost over almost a year. Myself, wife and 3 children we pay upwards of 2k. Paying almost 200 a month helps than paying a big hit of 2k in one shot. Everyone's circumstances are different and the monthly payments option works for my family.

I am actually bullish about 2024. We played badly this year and still were around the top 8 with 4 rounds remaining. Yze will refine the game plan, which will be our biggest weapon along with an enthused playing group under a new coaching regime.

Lynch and Kosi will be huge in forward 50. Gibcus knock-on wood will be another big addition to the backline. Cumbo will also add another dimension to that forward mix. Overall players will rise to the challenge under Yze and Newman.

I truly believe Yze will be to us what Mcrea and Kingsley were to the pies and giants.

Reactions: 9 users
Been going on the downhill where focus has been on attracting the bandwagoners and not those who were rattling tins

had to sign up a few friends, and the membership dept was outstanding to deal with, and went over and above to satisfy us regarding reserved seat request

Reactions: 2 users
I see some have had some problems with this years membership. I have been lucky, advised early about renewal, told when my carry over yearly payment will be taken, told when it was taken and now have confirmed membership plus have access the rewards system so now just waiting for my Watch AFl link to come through and will be ready for next season. Can't be bad

I reckon we hit 100K again. new coach, a new era. We finished 13th this year, a crap year, and still hit 100K. Monthly payment is great as it staggers the cost over almost a year. Myself, wife and 3 children we pay upwards of 2k. Paying almost 200 a month helps than paying a big hit of 2k in one shot. Everyone's circumstances are different and the monthly payments option works for my family.

I am actually bullish about 2024. We played badly this year and still were around the top 8 with 4 rounds remaining. Yze will refine the game plan, which will be our biggest weapon along with an enthused playing group under a new coaching regime.

Lynch and Kosi will be huge in forward 50. Gibcus knock-on wood will be another big addition to the backline. Cumbo will also add another dimension to that forward mix. Overall players will rise to the challenge under Yze and Newman.

I truly believe Yze will be to us what Mcrea and Kingsley were to the pies and giants.
New coaching. new ideas, new game plan and competition for a place in the 22. What is there not to like?

Footy don't start till March next year, no need to rush just yet.
Yeah. But I remember the bad old days when I didn’t receive my membership ticket until round 2/3 two years in a row, despite paying in October / November and making countless calls leading up to the season starter asking where my ticket was. Ended having to line up to get a ticket on game day outside the membership stand.
Things have improved dramatically since then I’m glad to say

Got my email yesterday to log onto the Membership portal and choose merch . Just finished it.

My 3 boys who are also members have not received their emails yet. Will give it a couple of days before calling them up. They are all paid at the same time so not sure whats up with that.

Never ever Graigy get them to deduct anything.
*smile* them pay by CC when your ready
I didn't get to too many games this year but didn't receive anything. No membership packs nothing.
4 family membership not 1 thing.
Not happy either, I just always forget to follow it up with them.
This new technology has me fked.
If it continues, I will stop.
I was buying membership from Denise Drysdale at Dimmys in the early 80's.
The way they have it now forgets about the people from that era.
What's the purpose of sending us a questionnaire every year but not doing anything about it.
I might go to the GM and unleash
Its not hard to work out the pack options or the store credit and if you aren't tech savvy a friendly staff member will fix it for you, no need to get angry over it

Reactions: 1 users
Got my email yesterday to log onto the Membership portal and choose merch . Just finished it.

My 3 boys who are also members have not received their emails yet. Will give it a couple of days before calling them up. They are all paid at the same time so not sure whats up with that.
Got mine on the 3rd Nov so they are spreading them out a bit, BTW my membership went up $1 per month my guess is to cover the postage