Not happy Membership Dept | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Not happy Membership Dept

The club hasnt heard from itself either.
What's the point of the questioner they send out do they get the feed back??
**supporters being charged 5 months before the start of the season.
*memberships more expensive
*3 time premiership captain going after the coach that gave him the 3 flags.

What an off season
My membership an extra $1 per month which covers the free postage of the membership pack, whoop whoop and i'm on a carers pension

Not heard a word from the club yet.
I emailed the club last Tuesday, requesting a call, by lunchtime, they finally called in the afternoon, Wednesday.
All the emails they sent bounced, as they had managed to drop the .au of email addresses. No apologies, and unable to resend. They did send an email
to confirm 'new' details, now I can't log in to the member page on the website to organise membership stuff.
This stuff gets worse every year.

I emailed the club last Tuesday, requesting a call, by lunchtime, they finally called in the afternoon, Wednesday.
All the emails they sent bounced, as they had managed to drop the .au of email addresses. No apologies, and unable to resend. They did send an email
to confirm 'new' details, now I can't log in to the member page on the website to organise membership stuff.
Can you do a forgot password reset?

Its not hard to work out the pack options or the store credit and if you aren't tech savvy a friendly staff member will fix it for you, no need to get angry over it
Just send it out. Like every other place on the planet.
You pay you receive.
I'm angry

Call the membership dept on 03 9426 4400 as I'm sure they will try and address the issue there and then as emailing can take longer.

Reactions: 1 user
Waded into the membership shambles today. RFC, mberplus, tickettek, roar store all have different logins. Best part if the RFC site doesn't tell you who you are logged in as. Adding your basic sso using google, facebook, etc account to all of them would make life a lot simpler. Then if they could be linked it would be even better.

ticketek would have to be the worst membership system I've ever worked with. The only way to see what you have been autoenrolled in is to view the paid invoice. Trying to add or change at that point needs a call to the club. You can link other accounts to yours and select Switch Account which lets you see the memberships for the account, but account info only shows you your info. So you need to logout and login with the other account to check email, phone, address etc.

mberplus for member goodies has decided this year to not recognise one of my sons membership numbers, but has now decided any address outside of Australia is invalid. Sort of. You can still select a different country, but you need an Australian State and Suburb. There is no option to ship stuff overseas that I could find. I've been doing it for the last 20+ years.

Something I couldn't find. With the membership, if we select the voucher, can we use it for the Roarstore? We bloody well better because if it's just for that membership crap, well, it's crap especially when you're forced to buy 2 memberships if you're based overseas and want to retain your MRC. Twice the amount of crap.

To be fair anytime I have contacted the club they have been very good at sorting things out. Let's see how it goes this time. But I'm no holding my breath.

But maybe throw a couple of bucks at our digital platforms to make it a lot easier for your members to buy stuff from you.

Waded into the membership shambles today. RFC, mberplus, tickettek, roar store all have different logins. Best part if the RFC site doesn't tell you who you are logged in as. Adding your basic sso using google, facebook, etc account to all of them would make life a lot simpler. Then if they could be linked it would be even better.

ticketek would have to be the worst membership system I've ever worked with. The only way to see what you have been autoenrolled in is to view the paid invoice. Trying to add or change at that point needs a call to the club. You can link other accounts to yours and select Switch Account which lets you see the memberships for the account, but account info only shows you your info. So you need to logout and login with the other account to check email, phone, address etc.

mberplus for member goodies has decided this year to not recognise one of my sons membership numbers, but has now decided any address outside of Australia is invalid. Sort of. You can still select a different country, but you need an Australian State and Suburb. There is no option to ship stuff overseas that I could find. I've been doing it for the last 20+ years.

Something I couldn't find. With the membership, if we select the voucher, can we use it for the Roarstore? We bloody well better because if it's just for that membership crap, well, it's crap especially when you're forced to buy 2 memberships if you're based overseas and want to retain your MRC. Twice the amount of crap.

To be fair anytime I have contacted the club they have been very good at sorting things out. Let's see how it goes this time. But I'm no holding my breath.

But maybe throw a couple of bucks at our digital platforms to make it a lot easier for your members to buy stuff from you.
I have said in questionnaires they need to ditch all this complicated rewards stuff and you can only choose certain rewards and need different log ins for everything etc etc
It is a real turn off
Why they cant just give us a voucher per membership - let us decide if we want to fill it or not and whether we want something at the Roar Store or not
I have no idea why people in charge of all of this think up the worst, most complicated way of doing things - it totally sucks
I had hoped they were going to heed the feedback this year and change it - it appears from your experience they have not

I suspect the membership link to Ticketek is some deal the AFL did and all clubs have to do it.

It is a really sh!thouse system whatever they are running, when you log in as a member very hard to work out what is going on, and believe me, I have seen some monumentally sh!thouse systems and that one looks really bad.

I'd hate to be trying to run it from the other side trying to keep members happy and sort out the mess.

What is it with IT systems, they seem to get worse with every iteration?

DS

Reactions: 1 users
I have noticed this too. Can be quite frustrating at times.

Yep, it's one of those little simple things that would take 10mins to implement. Or call in a consultant, pay 50k, deploy in 6weeks, then another 2 or 3 days to troubleshoot, rollback, troubleshoot some more, over engineer the fix, roll it out, emergency roll back, call in Infosys or Wipro, hand over a few hundred thousand to them, wait 8 months, pay another hundred thousand for project cost over run, deploy the solution to find while technically correct, your users think having to click "yes" 6 times to find out what they are logged in as isn't a great solution. Mark project as "Complete"

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I suspect the membership link to Ticketek is some deal the AFL did and all clubs have to do it.

It is a really sh!thouse system whatever they are running, when you log in as a member very hard to work out what is going on, and believe me, I have seen some monumentally sh!thouse systems and that one looks really bad.

I'd hate to be trying to run it from the other side trying to keep members happy and sort out the mess.

DS
Agree. It’s convoluted garbage. Accounts and platforms all over the place, trying to link together.

Richmond have debited my account for the seat I have and my MRC. No correspondence to say it was happening ….or that it has happened. But I’m sure I’ll get all the unannounced membership palava in the mail in March like they normally do :rolleyes:.

Pretty average.

DS
I agree. The whole ticketek thing is horrible.

I am an AFL member and the process of getting seats is incredibly frustrating at times.

I am not a tech expert but I can usually navigate myself around stuff and dealing with RFC login, roar store log in, afl log in etc I find myself using trial and error.
Yep, it's one of those little simple things that would take 10mins to implement. Or call in a consultant, pay 50k, deploy in 6weeks, then another 2 or 3 days to troubleshoot, rollback, troubleshoot some more, over engineer the fix, roll it out, emergency roll back, call in Infosys or Wipro, hand over a few hundred thousand to them, wait 8 months, pay another hundred thousand for project cost over run, deploy the solution to find while technically correct, your users think having to click "yes" 6 times to find out what they are logged in as isn't a great solution. Mark project as "Complete"
Remember the days when these Indian IT companies were meant to be a cheaper alternative?

Actually I am old enough to remember when Wipro was primarily a consumer products company !!

I have noticed this too. Can be quite frustrating at times.

At work I use a student system, the number of screens where you might be able to see their number, but no name, is amazing. What is it with the morons who design these systems that they don't think you need to be able to see what you are working on without having to go back a page, then reload . . . slowly because they have all got a lot slower . . . to work out if you are changing the enrolment of the correct student?

Happens all over the place, absolute basics which are ignored. Silly common sense things which should be easy enough t implement. But, no, doesn't seem to occur to those who build these systems.

I keep saying to people - paper is compelling technology.

DS

In case people don't know yet, if you select a voucher, it can only be used in the mberplus website. It can't be used in the RoarStore

FWIW
I created the new “Member Rewards” accounts for myself and Mrs T the other day
Worked OK - and in each case we took the default option of the standard packs (card, sticker, scarf etc)
Hopefully they’ll be here in coming weeks and that’s better IMO than lining up at a game to collect the cap or scarf

I noticed on the redeem portal that my membership number is in the spot of the email address, try that
Tried this, no good. Called the club again today, as I was promised 2 weeks back that this would be sorted in about a week, but hasn't been. Advised 'should be sorted in another week or so', I told the guy on the phone, not his fault, but I would give them until the end of the month to have this fixed, as I'm paying more each year and getting less. Since they became successful, it seems they have less and less time for everyday supporters.