Official arrivals and departures thread / Player contracts [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Official arrivals and departures thread / Player contracts [Merged]

Re: Official arrivals and departures thread

good work rosy, shall be interesting to see what the turn over is by the end of the last draft.

Good to see these guys (Fleming, Stafford & Rodan) are still with the Tiges. So far anyway.
A lot of recycled players gone, a good leason learned I hope.

As the list grows Rosy perhaps you could separate into categories such as Off Field, Players or something similar

AR I noticed you listed Brian Royal in your 'official' thread, but noted that he was only 99% certain. I'm just wondering what the cut-off point of certainty is for the thread. For example, if he was, say 96% certain, would he be included? It's just that I don't want to see you get hurt, is all. The thread is good though, nice to see some straightforward facts (or near-certainties) without rubbish suspicions, desires, or 'tip-offs' hurrah!

Also JB03, re the below:

"As the list grows Rosy perhaps you could separate into categories such as Off Field, Players or something similar"

Good idea- but let's not ride Rosy too hard on this one. I think what she's done is fine as it is, discuss.

Yes is Rosy is good,I will be watching closly as I am very excited about sacking overpaid ungrateful users with no talent. ;D

AR- I further note that Brian Royal does not have the "(99%...)" listed after his name. Is he now confirmed, or was that a modification on your behalf in relation to my suggestion? Or worse, were you trying to make me look foolish by making my earlier constructive criticism seem like a lie? I'm watching your back AR, are you watching mine? Perhaps you could change it to

Brian Royal (was only 99% but gained and extra 1%, so is now a certainty...100% mate, 100%)

Otherwise, well done

I know AR fairly well and I will, if she allows me to, speak for her - ClayBevan my dear sweet boy, AR would never purposely make you look foolish.
Come fellow PRE members lets all get behind AR (Aunty Rosey) and help her convince ClayBevan that she isn't out to hurt him.

Also if anyone is interested in gossiping about Phil Egan or others (including/especially Aunty Rosey) then scoot over to the General section, there is a new thread over there which allows you to do so. I would but I am not that kind of person.

He is the Chief Executive Officer tigerland. I can see I'd better update the info. ;D

I've never seen the RFC website move so fast. They have updated the players list, but left Draga on the rookie list for old times sake!

Hypothetical:

Hawthorn and Richmond do a straight swap with Crawf and Campbell (i said hypothetical!). Both players get to keep their original numbers and the refreshing change might do both clubs a bit of good.

Maybe a straight swap with Pettifer and Crawf! ? !

feisty tige said:
Hypothetical:

Hawthorn and Richmond do a straight swap with Craf and Campbell (i said hypothetical!). Both players get to keep their original numbers and the refreshing change might do both clubs a bit of good.
Don't think you'd get too many arguements on this one!! You'd swap 2 Campbells for Craw.

im glad flem isnt going
i like his attack on the ball
thinks of the game before himself...
good hardnut

Former Dogs join Terry in Tigers’ lair

4:47:21 PM Wed 15 September, 2004
Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au

Richmond has confirmed that Brian Royal and Paul Armstrong will be part of new coach Terry Wallace’s back-up team at Punt Road in 2005.

The Tigers’ Director of Football, Greg Miller, said the pair’s appointments had been ratified by the Club’s Board.

“We’re pleased to announce officially that the speculation about Paul Armstrong and Brian Royal joining the Richmond Football Club is true,” Miller said.

“Paul will have a key role with us in the Football Operations area, while Brian will be the senior assistant coach.

“Both men have plenty of valuable experience at the game’s highest level and are most enthusiastic about the opportunity to help turn around the Tigers’ fortunes.

“Although they won’t officially commence duties until November 1, rest assured that with the trade period coming up, there’ll be plenty of work for them to do before then . . .”

Royal, a former champion Bulldog rover, was an assistant coach to Terry Wallace at the Whitten Oval from 1996-99 before taking on a similar role with Melbourne from 2000-03. He spent the 2004 season as one of Dean Laidley’s assistants at the Kangaroos.

Armstrong was Football Manager at the Western Bulldogs during Wallace’s time there.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=171173

We've gone from being the Richmond Saints to the Richmond Bulldogs :eek:

Tiggytam said:
We've gone from being the Richmond Saints to the Richmond Bulldogs :eek:

ahh but we were RFC Saints of the losing period, we are gathering the RFC Bulldogs from their winning period...

Anything will be beter than what we have all endured, except another spoon next year!

Has anyone resigned this week? e.g Stafford?

Does Otto now get added to the list?

And Staf has signed for another year.