Official arrivals and departures thread / Player contracts [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Official arrivals and departures thread / Player contracts [Merged]

Re: Official arrivals and departures thread

I read Jay was re-signed but not how long for. Does anyone know?

I'd love to see an ex Tiger or a premiership player from another club in the 'arrivals' list. The football dept has a very Bulldog flavour about it.

New AFL story on the web suggesting we will get Simmons (Simmonds?) with our priority pick from Freo. (pre-season, i don't know, whichever)

feisty tige said:
New AFL story on the web suggesting we will get Simmons (Simmonds?) with our priority pick from Freo. (pre-season, i don't know, whichever)

It was reported on news tonight that Kangas are going to make him their number 1 trade priority this season.

What sort of Traitor is Ottens?

Seeing him go under the circumstances makes me very angry, I don't believe he was ever a true Tiger, and the way he has left has just proven my thoughts!!!!
But I wish him good luck with whatever he does in the future, maybe his back will hold up at his next club, his legs and heart probably won't!!!!

Cambo said:
What sort of Traitor is Ottens?

Seeing him go under the circumstances makes me very angry, I don't believe he was ever a true Tiger, and the way he has left has just proven my thoughts!!!!
But I wish him good luck with whatever he does in the future, maybe his back will hold up at his next club, his legs and heart probably won't!!!!

Only being a Tiger for 4 years, i found out soon enough why we boo at Stewie Maxfield (cause he left us for money) will it be the same for Ottens or will we not care?

Only being a Tiger for 4 years, i found out soon enough why we boo at Stewie Maxfield (cause he left us for money) will it be the same for Ottens or will we not care?

I think you will find that Stewie Maxfield - was involved in the swap for Gaspar........................not entirely his choice!!!!

Sydney offered Maxie way above what we were willing to pay him. He walked out and went for the $$$.
We ended up getting Gas as a priority selection on the PSD.

A headline I found when searching for recent Otto news

Ottens wants to stay
9:42:16 AM Wed 9 June, 2004

Contradiction, no?

It,s goodbye to Fiora happy second birthday PRE from GM ;D

Player contracts

This is the list we have of contracts.  A few may be incorrect as this has been put together over the years from our collective memories.  It should become more accurate in future years now we keep a closer eye on contracts.

It would be appreciated if anyone can correct any mistakes, or fill the gaps.

Also post any future contract renewals here so the list can be updated.

1. Kyle Archibald
2. Joel Bowden.............2004
3. Nathan Brown...........2007
4. Wayne Campbell .......2005
5. Mark Chaffey............2005
6. Mark Coughlan..........2007
7. Darren Gaspar...........2006
8. Alex Gilmour
9. RayHall...................2005
10. Brent Hartigan.........2004
11. Rory Hilton..............2004
12. Chris Hyde
13. Daniel Jackson
14. Kane Johnson...........2005
15. Andrew Kellaway
16. Andrew Krakouer.......2007
17. Shane Morrison.........2005
18. Chris Newman...........2004
19. Kayne Pettifer...........2004
20. Andrew Raines
21. Matthew Richardson...2005
22. Tom Roach...............2005
23. David Rodan.............2005
24. Jay Schulz...............Renewed this year till ?
25. Greg Stafford...........2005
26. Greg Tivendale..........2006?
27. Shane Tuck
28. Ty Zantuck..............2005
29. Troy Simmonds.........2009

Rookies
30. Kelvin Moore
31. Nathan Foley

Does anyone know how long Jay's contract renewal is?  Is Moore still on the senior list or does he go back on the rookie list?

BloodOath said:

I think you will find that Stewie Maxfield - was involved in the swap for Gaspar........................not entirely his choice!!!!

If I remember correctly for us to match Sydneys offer would have made Maxfield the highest paid player on ourlist which would have been clearly ridiculous at that time.

Re: Player contracts

I imagine Archibald, Raines, Roach, Jackson, Gilmour & Tuck would all be contracted til the end of 2005 as they'd get the standard 2 year deal for draftees.

Stu said:
I imagine Archibald, Raines, Roach, Jackson, Gilmour & Tuck would all be contracted til the end of 2005 as they'd get the standard 2 year deal for draftees.

Tuck may not as I believe that the "two year" clause only applies to people drafted to an AFL club for the first time.

Yeah I wasn't sure about that one but from memory he only ever made the rookie list at Hawthorn so the rule may still apply.

Why don't we just get rid of Hilton? What sort of contract can we give a guy who will miss most of the next season?

LeighW said:
A headline I found when searching for recent Otto news

Ottens wants to stay
9:42:16 AM Wed 9 June, 2004

Contradiction, no?
Leigh, if I'm not mistaken Ottens said up to about late August/early September that he'd be staying. Must have been before he was asked to take a pay cut?