Opposition discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opposition discussion

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
You are claiming he must be a good bloke cos he had a chat with you on the plane. other evidence suggest maybe he is not.
The answer is probably somewhere in the middle, but personally I am not a fan of anyone who uses racist comments to abuse someone.
No, Scoop said he found him a”ripping bloke”
It was me who said he was a “good bloke”. And I stand by it. Ive known him all his life and have a far better insight into his character than anyone else here.

One misspoken word doesn’t define a person. As far as what was said, I agree it was out of place. But the full story didn’t come out either. Especially what Robbie Young did and said to Matt Crouch. Tit for tat, yeah it’s wrong, but in the heat of the moment, we’ve probably all been guilty of saying something and regret it after. I’ll put my hand up to that.

But knowing what happened, it’s my belief that Tex was left out to hang. There was more to the story. But the afl wanted to demonstrate their “crackdown” on racism. It’s a pity both participants weren’t investigated, judged and penalised equally. But that would have opened up a can of worms.
One was publicly hang, drawn and quartered. The other……sfa.
But that’s done and dusted. Tex apologised and was penalised accordingly.

But I find it a bit of a travesty that one incident, in the eyes of those who have never done, spoken or thought II’ll of anyone in their life, (oh gee it must be tough being the perfect human being)will define a man who has done so much for so many. Which isn’t necessarily made public for a photo op.
I stand by what I said.

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Hard to believe but Blues suggesting Sam Walsh may get up for round 1. Still he’s missed a lot of preseason.. hopefully underprepared.

Last week someone with good mail told me Round 8 at the earliest. I can’t see it.

Reactions: 1 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
A few people on PRE don’t rate him….
A few people on PRE don't rate a Richmond B&F winner in a Premiership Year!! :censored:

Mackenzie - 24 disposals, 5 marks, 3 tackle,s 1 goal, 4 clearances, 487 metres gained, 2 goal assists from 73% game time.
C Mac, Josh Ward, Newcombe, MacDonald will be pretty good when they get that 100 game mark under their belts :eyes

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
A few people on PRE don't rate a Richmond B&F winner in a Premiership Year!! :censored:

Mackenzie - 24 disposals, 5 marks, 3 tackle,s 1 goal, 4 clearances, 487 metres gained, 2 goal assists from 73% game time.
C Mac, Josh Ward, Newcombe, MacDonald will be pretty good when they get that 100 game mark under their belts :eyes
Been saying for a while, Hawthorn are building a decent list. Mitchell might stuff it up, I dunno. But regardless I like their Draft recruiting the last 2 years.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Been saying for a while, Hawthorn are building a decent list. Mitchell might stuff it up, I dunno. But regardless I like their Draft recruiting the last 2 years.
I really like their drafting too.

They beat Port over there, lost to the Blues by 1, beat the Cats, lost to Melbourne by just 10, beat the Lions by 5, lost to Pies by 4, lost to Freo by 13. U can't tell me that is not pretty solid results against the top 5 teams of the year - Cats, Lions, Melb, Pies and Freo. An 8-14 year turns into 11-11, 12-10 if they win them.

They will come man, three years we'll see where they're at :eyes

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I really like their drafting too.

They beat Port over there, lost to the Blues by 1, beat the Cats, lost to Melbourne by just 10, beat the Lions by 5, lost to Pies by 4, lost to Freo by 13. U can't tell me that is not pretty solid results against the top 5 teams of the year - Cats, Lions, Melb, Pies and Freo. An 8-14 year turns into 11-11, 12-10 if they win them.

They will come man, three years we'll see where they're at :eyes
Well, quite a few people on PRE (and elsewhere) are pretty down on them.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Well, quite a few people on PRE (and elsewhere) are pretty down on them.
Only because they're young and they cleaned out a lot of experience. They have talented kids, and they'll get one better than all of them when they take Harley Reid with pick 1.