Opposition discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opposition discussion

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Horrible day for Hawks.

No Blank means Sicily must man up. Lose a major weapon.

Go back to bottom four again I reckon.
On the Hawks I think regardless of injuries the hype doesn’t match their list maturity. Their forward line is still an issue and down back still a major concern.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Bongers will probably belt the Hawks Round 1 and the Bonger Bus will roll out in the media ...............................

Interestingly that is a home game for the Drugs at the G .....................................

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
On the Hawks I think regardless of injuries the hype doesn’t match their list maturity. Their forward line is still an issue and down back still a major concern.
Once Moore gets back, they will have close to the best small forward brigade in the comp.

But I agree the back line is iffy and Chol can’t be relied upon.

Midfield two years away from being elite. Still on schedule but overhyped now.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Horrible day for Hawks.

No Blank means Sicily must man up. Lose a major weapon.

Go back to bottom four again I reckon.
Reckon they take a shot with Box Hill key defender Ethan Phillips.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Dees lose Brayshaw, Oliver limited preseason. That's your four time best and fairest player coming off al limited 23 with an limited preseason for 2024 and your fourth placed BNF finisher our of your side. The window is closing faster and faster at Melbourne.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Sad to hear about Brayshaw.

And on Oliver, watching him on the weekend was a reminder how much i enjoy his footy. (No coment on him personally)
Sure he was up against a 1st year Mcauliffe, a VFA Will Bravo and another young kid, but his attack on the footy and positioning is gold class. Hope he recovers

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Would be a herculean effort if Smelbourne can somehow hold everything together and still make finals this year. Just copping hit after hit coming in from all sides at the moment.
Bartlett still suing the club, Clarry's issues, Joel Sniff ever growing drug saga, Brayshaw's concussion retirement, Perty's comments coming back to haunt him, May being an obnoxious *smile* round his team mates when he's on the turps.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Once Moore gets back, they will have close to the best small forward brigade in the comp.

But I agree the back line is iffy and Chol can’t be relied upon.

Midfield two years away from being elite. Still on schedule but overhyped now.
Their talls suck apart from Lewis, and the Tigers pinched Koschitske who wouldve been a shot at CHB for them to cover the injury and DGB has struggled.

Thats their biggest issue. Frost to lead the defence with Sicily ?

They need Sicily playing as 3rd sag off intercept defender ala Grimes and Vlastuin during the Tigers domination era.

Now hes gonna have to primarily guard a body .

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Would be a herculean effort if Smelbourne can somehow hold everything together and still make finals this year. Just copping hit after hit coming in from all sides at the moment.
Bartlett still suing the club, Clarry's issues, Joel Sniff ever growing drug saga, Brayshaw's concussion retirement, Perty's comments coming back to haunt him, May being an obnoxious *smile* round his team mates when he's on the turps.
Reckon Petty might end up elsewhere at some stage.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

What did Pretty say?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
What did Pretty say?
Who the *smile* is Pretty? If you are meaning Perty as in Gary Pert. He was gibbering on a year or two ago about how good the culture is at Smelbourne, best culture he'd been involved with in 40 years of footy. Meedjia keep throwing the comments back in his face every time there's another little unexpected one off culture failure at Smelbourne.

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Who the *smile* is Pretty? If you are meaning Perty as in Gary Pert. He was gibbering on a year or two ago about how good the culture is at Smelbourne, best culture he'd been involved with in 40 years of footy. Meedjia keep throwing the comments back in his face every time there's another little unexpected one off culture failure at Smelbourne.

Thanks - Pretty, Perty……….Party….. they are all the same to me. Wasn’t sure if you meant Petty the player or Pert the administrator

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Curb Your Enthusiasm Jewish GIF

• Haha