Opposition discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opposition discussion

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Luke Parker unfortunately broke his arm on the weekend. Must put him in doubt for our game against them for rnd 3 on the 31st March.
Not good for him. My favourite non tiger.
INa easy i can't believe he it's still around. 31yo. What a player.
Jake Batchelor has been retired for about 5 years!

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
They’re only 2 goals down at the moment, but the Beyond Blues look ordinary.
6 down know, look slow. Dees look completely different to the side we played.

I thought Melbourne took Windsor too high but he is flying. This was my description of him in the mock draft when I took him at 12.

Crows Round Up- Caleb Windsor gives the Crows what they lack, line breaking pace. Windsor's most important attribute is his speed, 2.91 over 20. He is able to burn off opponents with ease and is very difficult to catch once he gets going. He is also a very good user of his pace defensively, and is able to chase down opponents and catch them off guard. Using pace both ways as a weapon is rare. If he keeps that up in the AFL he’s a valuable commodity. His kicking is great and then it’s not. The more I watch the more I see quicker Jayden Short with slightly less kicking skill at the moment. If he puts the package together, he could be elite. The Crows need pace, I reckon he plays pretty quickly.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Fair bit of hype developing around Ryley Sanders. And fair enough too. Has been impressive during the pre season games. How many of his possessions are impactful is my only question.

Is he going to be the new Crumples (who appears on the outer at the Dogs) or something much better ?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Voss on 360 tonight basically said they'll reassess Walsh after round 2 (won't play against us).. didn't sound good.
I'm reassessing Carlton's season..
Gotta feeling Wanker Whateley is divorcing the Blooze and now is finding love with the Aints.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Clarko cops $20K fine and 2 game suspended ban for that remark. Geez.

• Wow

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Clarko cops $20K fine and 2 game suspended ban for that remark. Geez.

Nah, this guy has history of verbally attacking players on field, from memory he has even done this at junior level when at hawks.

Whack him i say, been a great coach (i personally think his time has past), there is no place in the game for oppo coaches verbally or threatening players.

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Round Zero overreactions

1. Dees Window is at 11.45
2. GWS have a spine of Taylor, Himmelberg, Hogan, Cadman that is ready to be best in class for five years.
3. Tom Green is the healthy, better Clayton Oliver
4. You still can’t trust Mason Cox
5. Blues have a whiff of destiny about them and might be good enough to withstand the injuries

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
It really pains me to say it,but thuking geelong are incredible,much less resources than Richmond, but it looks like we crashed after 3 flags and they still look likely finals.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
It really pains me to say it,but thuking geelong are incredible,much less resources than Richmond, but it looks like we crashed after 3 flags and they still look likely finals.
Their old blokes aren’t pulling up lame every week. It will happen eventually.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Their old blokes aren’t pulling up lame every week. It will happen eventually.
It is only game two so lets see how they are performing round 16. Look at the Zaints firing one all 8 as usual. Might scrape into the 8 as other sides wilt due to injuries & bleeding umps decisions going their way due only one flag. Blues same vein. Poor Blue Baggers with every woke favs Cripple Curny Harry & De Voss leading the charge crying poor..

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Said that every year for the last ten years.
Yep - 190% agree. but Father Time or retirement will get Hawkins Dangerfield Stewart toohey Stanley Cameron smith Duncan blicsavs eventually. They had the perfect run at the end of 22. As arsey on the injury front as Collingwood was last year on the close wins/umpiring front.

Think 7/10 over 30 in their last years b&f top 10

'Carji' Greeves Medal top 10

1. Tom Stewart- 135 votes
2. Tom Atkins- 105
3. Gryan Miers - 93
4. Zach Guthrie - 87
5. Jeremy Cameron - 69
6. Mark Blicavs - 67
7. Brad Close - 66
8. Patrick Dangerfield - 62
9. Tom Hawkins - 59
10. Isaac Smith - 57

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Yep - 190% agree. but Father Time or retirement will get Hawkins Dangerfield Stewart toohey Stanley Cameron smith Duncan blicsavs eventually. They had the perfect run at the end of 22. As arsey on the injury front as Collingwood was last year on the close wins/umpiring front.

Think 7/10 over 30 in their last years b&f top 10

'Carji' Greeves Medal top 10

1. Tom Stewart- 135 votes
2. Tom Atkins- 105
3. Gryan Miers - 93
4. Zach Guthrie - 87
5. Jeremy Cameron - 69
6. Mark Blicavs - 67
7. Brad Close - 66
8. Patrick Dangerfield - 62
9. Tom Hawkins - 59
10. Isaac Smith - 57
Everyone was saying the same *smile* after their 07 / 09 / 11 flags. Old slow n fading out, probably only missed two finals series since then n won another flag in 22. List rebuild, Hawforn era, Covid, Tigers era, n started this season reasonably well again after last years minor blemish. Compared to how competitive we've been before and immediately after our era or Hawforn after their era. They'd be laughing their arses off at the rest of the comp.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
can't help but question whether Geecheat are on something or is it purely their game plan is conducive to extending player's careers/close to peak performance beyond the norm.