Opposition discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opposition discussion

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Why trade? A free agent will get them a first round pick, which will be top 3
Gooey's a Colonwood superstar. Trade him out n get #lolnorf's first pick which will probably be around the top three anyway plus maybe a future first or at least a second round pick as well.
Gotta remember it's Colonwood, they got a new coach n new Prez so they'll be pushing for a flag next year. So better to trade for an early pick rather than risk finishing up the top n only getting pick 19 as compo for him.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Gooey's a Colonwood superstar. Trade him out n get #lolnorf's first pick which will probably be around the top three anyway plus maybe a future first or at least a second round pick as well.
Gotta remember it's Colonwood, they got a new coach n new Prez so they'll be pushing for a flag next year. So better to trade for an early pick rather than risk finishing up the top n only getting pick 19 as compo for him.
They can't trade until next year, when they will know their ladder position. No chance they are better than bottom 3.
And why would north give up 2 picks for him? As a free agent they open their wallet and get him without a trade

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
They can't trade until next year, when they will know their ladder position. No chance they are better than bottom 3.
And why would north give up 2 picks for him? As a free agent they open their wallet and get him without a trade
Did say that #lolnorf could get him cheaply $ wise, but you're taking my tongue in cheek rumination waaaaay to seriously Dell boy.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Why trade? A free agent will get them a first round pick, which will be top 3
Only Collingwood could get rid of a trouble maker, that has less good games then Stringer and still get rewarded a first rounder as compo.
What's the Article in the Hearld sun where Wright or Buckley say they hate each other.
Buckley was never going to last without the protection of Eddie.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Another Fuji Xerox moment.

View attachment 14244

tenor_(1).gif

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
About time a club had an original thought.
It's the AFL, TBR. It's such an inbred competition that copying someone else is an original thought.

On extremely rare occasions someone will have a radical idea n be successful for a while, then every other club will spend ten to fifteen years copying them n wonder why they're simply going around in ever decreasing circles.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Interesting that the Hawks now have a 2050 plan. Effectively it's a master plan of 5 year plans.
But a 30 year plan is patently out of this world

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Just saw the attached headline, and it had me thinking. ..... how many ACTUAL superstars are there in the competition?
Like, seriously, calling Jack Steele a superstar is a bit of a reach imo!
Biased of course, but obviously Dustin makes it in a canter. Obviously Buddy. Toby, Pendlebury and Fyfe?
I can't bring myself to type in any Geelong names!
Surely the criteria would include a fair body of work.
Interested to know what others think.

• Haha

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Just saw the attached headline, and it had me thinking. ..... how many ACTUAL superstars are there in the competition?
Like, seriously, calling Jack Steele a superstar is a bit of a reach imo!
Biased of course, but obviously Dustin makes it in a canter. Obviously Buddy. Toby, Pendlebury and Fyfe?
I can't bring myself to type in any Geelong names!
Surely the criteria would include a fair body of work.
Interested to know what others think.

Obviously we’re all biased, but I think Jack R would classify for superstar status.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Brodie Grundy looks like a 800 metre steeplechase athlete, not a ruck. Weird vibe.

• Haha

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

It says Melbourne's greatest, so not many to compare him to unless you go back 50 odd years.

Mind you, there's a long way to go to get near a few from the old days - Ron Barassi springs to mind immediately, Denis Cordner maybe.

He's a great player, but to truly be considered any kind of GOAT, even just GOAT for one team, you need to put in the great performances for a few years at least. Usual media hype I suppose.

DS

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
It says Melbourne's greatest, so not many to compare him to unless you go back 50 odd years.

Mind you, there's a long way to go to get near a few from the old days - Ron Barassi springs to mind immediately, Denis Cordner maybe.

He's a great player, but to truly be considered any kind of GOAT, even just GOAT for one team, you need to put in the great performances for a few years at least. Usual media hype I suppose.

DS
Exactly right. Jimmy Stynes, Rob Flower, Hassa Mann, Norm Smith to name a few.

Reactions: 3 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Current superstars,:
Dusty
Buddy
Billy Zane
Confirmed/legend status:
Dusty
Richo
Billy Zane