Opposition discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opposition discussion

The Big Richo

Staff member
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Not being a doctor so don't quote me but typically nut cancer has the lowest rate of re-emergence and highest rate of survival.

You're quite correct about it being a very treatable cancer.

In this case though, I suspect we are talking about a secondary cancer as opposed to a cancer in his second testicle, assuming the article is accurate. The use of the term 'secondary' would imply it is a spread from the original cancer, while a 'new' cancer in the other testicle would be considered another primary cancer.

Depends on the whats and wheres of the secondary, but it is quite likely to be of far more concern than the initial testicle cancer for exactly the reason you just described.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
You're quite correct about it being a very treatable cancer.

In this case though, I suspect we are talking about a secondary cancer as opposed to a cancer in his second testicle, assuming the article is accurate. The use of the term 'secondary' would imply it is a spread from the original cancer, while a 'new' cancer in the other testicle would be considered another primary cancer.

Depends on the whats and wheres of the secondary, but it is quite likely to be of far more concern than the initial testicle cancer for exactly the reason you just described.
Yep, it sounds like it's spread elsewhere which is very unlucky and the severity can be much worse (as you said)
Poor fella.

Reactions: 1 user