Our Football Club, Featuring trapped | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Our Football Club, Featuring trapped

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Thanks trapped. Are you and Haynes in the same team again? I love following your season through your reports. Good luck for the season ahead and unlike some that play for sheep stations remember footy is a game and have fun out there. :)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I had a horrible experience yesterday. Not far across from where I was standing my son flew from behind the pack for a screamer. He was soaring through the air like superman and the crowd let out a really loud ooohhhhhhhhhhh. Unfortunately the pack parted like the red sea and he was left suspended in midair. He thought this is going to hurt then the crowd let out a deafening aghhhhhhhhh. He landed with a thud on his neck and shoulder and didn't move. Then he started punching and waving his arms around. He looked in big strife but thankfully he was only winded and the thrashing was cos he couldn't get any air in. Was so scary and I wanted to run out and see if he was ok. He would have murdered me if I did, haha. They made him stagger off and he said I'm not sitting down I'm going straight back on and off he ran again. He's never even missed a game though injury in all the years he's played footy and touch wood it won't happen ever again. Never mind how he felt it's too much for a worried Mum to cope with. :rofl

Jools

Tiger Champion
Sep 25, 2004
Hoppers Crossing
Oooh, that would have been a worry to see.

I hate getting winded, happened to me a few times when I was a kid. Nothing worse than trying to breathe and not being able to.

trappedathalfback

Tiger Rookie
Jan 6, 2005
Melbourne
Finally the seasons going to begin!

This week we are playing Aberfeldie.
One of the serious clubs.
Its going to be a very tough challenge.
Ive already been told where im playing.
CENTRE HALF BACK!
Its gonna be fun :'(.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Good luck trapped and Haynes. Look forward to reading about your game.

trappedathalfback

Tiger Rookie
Jan 6, 2005
Melbourne
Well, at least US had a win today.

Our first match in 'A-grade' and we won.
Aberfeldie: 1-3, 4-3, 5-5, 9-10-64
Us: 3-2, 6-3, 11-3, 13-3-81

I kicked 2 goals and handed it off for a couple of others.
Haynes kicked one, and had a very near miss (hit the post)
but has a really bad cold, so we forgive him!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Congratulations trapped. Always good to start the season off with a win. Did you run down from CHB to kick the goals or did you play in a different position?

trappedathalfback

Tiger Rookie
Jan 6, 2005
Melbourne
rosy23 said:
Congratulations trapped. Always good to start the season off with a win. Did you run down from CHB to kick the goals or did you play in a different position?

Amazingly i got played at centre half forward for a few quarters, ;D.
It was all good. I swapped with the main centre half forward though, so
it probably wont happen again.

trappedathalfback

Tiger Rookie
Jan 6, 2005
Melbourne
This week we play Hadfeild.

It should be a really good game.
We were the two teams that moved from B grade
up to A grade, so a bit of rivalry is there as well.

I also might get a run at full forward apparentely.

It'll surely be lots of fun.

trappedathalfback

Tiger Rookie
Jan 6, 2005
Melbourne
We won!

Us: 1-5, 2-12, 7-13, 11-16-82.
Hadfeild: 0-1, 11, 1-2, 3-2-20.

I played at Centre Half Back all day.
They started flooding so i got to run up the ground a bit.
Set up about three but didnt kick any myself.

Haynes did well. Played out of position at full back for a quarter.
He did well the guy was twice his size. He didnt kick any either.

Our main forward, Darcy Troy, kicked 1 goal and 6 behinds in the first half,
but ended up kicking 5 7.

It was a very good game.

trappedathalfback

Tiger Rookie
Jan 6, 2005
Melbourne
baktiger said:
trappedathalfback said:

Let me guess? He wears number 12 and is a Richmond Supporter! ;D

Unbelievably, he does wear the number twelve and goes for Richmond.
Thats the funniest thing i've heard all day.

Jools

Tiger Champion
Sep 25, 2004
Hoppers Crossing
trappedathalfback said:
baktiger said:
trappedathalfback said:
Let me guess? He wears number 12 and is a Richmond Supporter! ;D
Unbelievably, he does wear the number twelve and goes for Richmond.
Thats the funniest thing i've heard all day.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Congrats trapped and Haynes. Sounds like you're both having fun while winning at the same time. Keep up the good work.

Our local team won and is undefeated on top of the ladder. My son plays CHB too. Last weekend he played on our ex Tiger Andy Goodwin, an absolute mountain of a man with muscles on his muscles and a pretty savage reputation to boot. Andy got a bit of a bath cos although the opposition were as Goodwin conscious as we're Richo conscious, he still only managed 1 mark and 1 goal on my son. It's the first goal he's had scored on him in 5 games and he wasn't a happy boy about it. Goodwin got another one when a kick out from a point went straight to him but my son said there’s no way he’s having that one against his name. :rofl

trappedathalfback

Tiger Rookie
Jan 6, 2005
Melbourne
rosy23 said:
Congrats trapped and Haynes. Sounds like you're both having fun while winning at the same time. Keep up the good work.

Our local team won and is undefeated on top of the ladder. My son plays CHB too. Last weekend he played on our ex Tiger Andy Goodwin, an absolute mountain of a man with muscles on his muscles and a pretty savage reputation to boot. Andy got a bit of a bath cos although the opposition were as Goodwin conscious as we're Richo conscious, he still only managed 1 mark and 1 goal on my son. It's the first goal he's had scored on him in 5 games and he wasn't a happy boy about it. Goodwin got another one when a kick out from a point went straight to him but my son said there’s no way he’s having that one against his name. :rofl

Sounds like a really good player Rosy, hopefully i can grow up to be as good as him.
I've never heard of Andy Goodman though, was he a good player?

trappedathalfback

Tiger Rookie
Jan 6, 2005
Melbourne
Well, this week we play Doutta Stars.

Apparentely theyre really good, so it should be a challenge.
Hopefully i play away from Centre Half Back this week.
Its not likely though.

Haynes has been promised to be playing up forward for the first quarter,
so he might kick a few.

We hopefully will win.