Paddy Dangerdive | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paddy Dangerdive

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Dunno if anyone heard the gut bustingly hilarious Greg Williams on SEN this morning, but one of the hardest mofos ever to play the game is a FULL ON advocate for ending the bump and protecting player noggin well being. That's good enough for me.

Reactions: 6 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Dunno if anyone heard the gut bustingly hilarious Greg Williams on SEN this morning, but one of the hardest mofos ever to play the game is a FULL ON advocate for ending the bump and protecting player noggin well being. That's good enough for me.
Damn straight.

It's a blight on the game.

Young men having their lights put out just doesn't do it for me, sorry.

We ask enough of these guys without asking them to sacrifice their longterm cognitive health.

With all we know now, those eulogising the bump need to get with the programme.

Reactions: 1 user

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
I wonder what they are saying about the accidental bump on the Adelaide forum??????????

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
(posted this on AFL360, should hav ebeen on this thread).

With the Kelly incident, leading up to the collision he was run down from behind, so got up angry, with intent and accelerated into Kelly.
Stagerfield should cop the full consequences - to me that means three weeks, but I reckon he'll get two and possibly just one.
The residual McAveney-inspired media golden boy halo effect will temper what should be a decent suspension.
If he was a low profile player he would get his full and right whack (ie remember when Neal-Bullen got a ridiculous four weeks for a sling tackle?).
And if he was Tom Lynch The Axe Murderer he would get deregistered.
I am just catching up on the thread, so dont know if its been mentioned in the next few pages.
Anyone hear the 17 mins of Leppa with Minceley today. 14 mins of which teams will be weakened by the new rules - Mince actually, specifically asked about Collingwood and Geelong. then kept probing leppa about what geelong should do.
It was like he was asking the Qs as a fan/ on behalf of Salty Scott. honestly, I couldnt believe - and what leppa was having to answer.

And then he asked about the Danger bump. Leppa very subtle, very diplomatically was able to suggest what 17 and many others think. - that the Flog was pissed a player tackled him, players know what the impact will be, wasnt an accident, etc.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Damn straight.

It's a blight on the game.

Young men having their lights put out just doesn't do it for me, sorry.

We ask enough of these guys without asking them to sacrifice their longterm cognitive health.

With all we know now, those eulogising the bump need to get with the programme.
There have been recent suicides in our game, probably related to brain damage caused by playing it. Scary.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The Punt rd Curse has been activated.
Giddy up.
0-4 we could be singing all the way to the draft.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
He pushes off his right foot to give force to the bump.

If you are bracing to protect yourself, why would you put more force into the action?
He meant to bump 100%. Unfortunately heads clashed. Watch the whole passage of play, he was out to hurt after being run down from behind, pride damaged, flash backs to being pantsed in the GF. He steps right into it, he's not trying to protect himself.

Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Old Mate Mincey might be a bit less chastened tomorrow for those that listen.........

Last edited: