Paddy Dangerdive | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paddy Dangerdive

Mitch Clearys article on AFL (where Benignfield played with a fractured finger ) but when Cleary asked Geelong for further comment they declined to do so.

Smacks of a Geelong leak of this excuse, story but then they manfully “decline to comment”.
It’s not just a finger injury, it’s a ‘nasty’ finger injury.

Flog just can’t admit that he can’t handle finals pressure.
Heard the 3AW news before report the Clangerfield injury as "a broken hand"!!!!!!!!!

If it's really broken you would not think he would play against GWS.

They were'nt knows as the Handbaggers for nothing the Pussies!
He must be made of glass. It just gets worse by the minute.
In breaking news, after more scans, it’s more serious than even the most optimistic Geelong doctors thought. As a precaution, dangerflog will take the field this weekend in a full body cast wrapped in bubblewrap. It’s hoped he will inspire his teammates just by his mere presence on the field, overcoming the adversity he and his body have endured over the years throughout September and October. Doctors say it’s a rare affliction and is seasonal. He should be fully recovered by November as in previous seasons

Reactions: 3 users
If I remember right he kicked a bag against the swans in a semi. Started forward after a bad loss in the qualifying final.
I checked, in 2017 he kicked 4 in the first half.

I expect the Moggies to bounce back and win well with Bravefield kicking a few.
Most teams who finish 7th/8th and win the first final struggle to back it up. They finished 7th for a reason

Reactions: 1 users
In a news flash the AFL have announced that, given the grave injuries to star players (mainly Dangerfield) and the potential to cause harm of playing Australian Rules Football under the old fashioned rules, Steve Hocking has been temporarily re-appointed as Head of Football and is bringing in an emergency set of rule changes.

Rather than explain all the changes the AFL have provided video footage of the new rules in action:

In a statement to the media, Hocking says "This is what the fans have been asking for, they don't want to see players hurt, we want no more Selwood moments with blood streaming down the face. This is a contact sport and we want to make sure we provide maximum protection, especially to Paddy."

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Dare I say but Karen Cornes was on to “injured” Benignfield back in 2017 and 2019:

Dare I say but Karen Cornes was on to “injured” Benignfield back in 2017 and 2019:

Who is the “AFL great” the headline is referring to?

• Haha
Sorry to introduce a thread about a Geelong player but ...... I cvan't help myself.
I do think the Dangerflop is a pretty reasonable player.
That said, he does seem to be incapable of asserting himself on games when it really matters.
He seems to disappear on a regular basis when the crunch comes.
And there was the media fawning over him in the lead-up to this game, saying he deserved to win a premiership.
Well, I guess the proof is in the pudding and he has yet again been found wanting when the pressure and heat is on.
Might be capable of carrying Dusty's bags, but only just.
I spew up whenever they say he deserves a premiership? Why him? Could argue every player does or no one does.

Reactions: 5 users
Caro was blowing smoke up his arse on FC. Calls out Rohan’s lack of performance but then nothing on DFs Underwhelming finals appearances and then saying he will be a 250 game great that misses out.

Reactions: 1 user
Now it’s a wrist injury.
We’ve gone from finger, hand now wrist.
My guess by Thursday it will be a dislocated shoulder.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Now it’s a wrist injury.
He must be made of glass. It just gets worse by the minute.
In breaking news, after more scans, it’s more serious than even the most optimistic Geelong doctors thought. As a precaution, dangerflog will take the field this weekend in a full body cast wrapped in bubblewrap. It’s hoped he will inspire his teammates just by his mere presence on the field, overcoming the adversity he and his body have endured over the years throughout September and October. Doctors say it’s a rare affliction and is seasonal. He should be fully recovered by November as in previous seasons
I’m getting closer :ROFLMAO:

Now it’s a wrist injury.
The wrist will be a repetitive strain injury, the finger injury caused by hitting the soap holder in the shower.

• Haha
In a news flash the AFL have announced that, given the grave injuries to star players (mainly Dangerfield) and the potential to cause harm of playing Australian Rules Football under the old fashioned rules, Steve Hocking has been temporarily re-appointed as Head of Football and is bringing in an emergency set of rule changes.

Rather than explain all the changes the AFL have provided video footage of the new rules in action:

In a statement to the media, Hocking says "This is what the fans have been asking for, they don't want to see players hurt, we want no more Selwood moments with blood streaming down the face. This is a contact sport and we want to make sure we provide maximum protection, especially to Paddy."

DS

we've been preparing for this since 2020 - another flag for us next year!

1630380179880.png

we've been preparing for this since 2020 - another flag for us next year!

View attachment 13249

I looked for that but couldn't find it, so ended up with the Taiwan footage!

Don't want those precious Geelong players getting sore fingers, time to give them some protection.

DS

In breaking news, new light has been shed upon the wrist injury inflicting Geelong great (indeed LEGEND) Patrick Dangerfield.

Insiders have revealed that Patrick Dangerfield, having bravely fronted up to confront Port Adelaide, not only with two shattered vertebrae in his neck from the Toby Greene incident, was also battling a serious wrist injury which dates back to the 2020 Grand Final against Richmond.

It has come to light that Dangerfield entered the 2020 Grand Final with collapsed arches. Dangerfield played on bravely with this ouchy in his sock, assisting Geelong to hold a handy half time lead. Unfortunately for Dangerfield, the collapsed arches condition deteriorated and became fallen kneecaps, a common injury amongst divers, but not often seen on the footy field.

Dangerfield, despite immense discomfort managed to take the field for the second half only after a warm rub from Chris Scott during the half time break. As fate would have it, possibly due to the location of the rubbing, the condition of collapsed kneecaps deteriorated into fallen crotch, a very serious condition indeed.

Manfully, the Geelong Super Star (indeed Messiah) took the field but unfortunately was ineffective during the 3rd quarter. Despite this, and no doubt inspired by Chris Scott's awe inspiring "Let's do them slowly" speech, Dangerfield, being a true team player, and very coachable, decided the best thing to do, and purely on the theme of "doing them slowly" attempted to do himself slowly, but given the extended breaks experienced during the 2020 season, over did the therapy and his fallen crotch condition deteriorated further to ingrown gonads.

In an incredible effort, Dangerfield still managed to take the field. Unfortunately, for Geelong and Patty himself despite his Hurculean effort (indeed Superman effort), Geelong's fortunes continued to waver under the fierce pressure from their Tiger opponents. Part way through the last term, Dangerfield went to the bench to freshen up for one last push to slay the Tigers single handed. In an attempt to do himself slowly gain, but in record time as his stay on the bench could only be brief, and possibly from a lack of coordination from his now tiring wrist, Dangerfield caused a further injury to the same region, and now had impacted *smile* to go with his torsion of the testicles.

He requested that his shlong be put in a sling, which the doctor explained wasn't really quite possible. But this is where expert medical staff become invaluable. The club doctor ingeniously devised a support by breaking a popsickle stick into quarters and strapped the pieces on each side of Dangerfield's injury, giving full length protection north, south east and west.

On taking the field, Dangerfield the irresistible force unfortunately met the immovable object, Dustin Martin who with a flick of his hips, sent the irresistible force 4 rows back into the stands, unfortunately landing directly on his.............. poppsickle stick. If one thought matters couldn't get any worse, they just had, Dangerfield now suffering 'inverted *smile*', an extremely serious condition,, often described as looking more like a piece of female anatomy than that of a male.

Having experienced his first taste of Grand Final loss, Dangerfield retired to the showers, only to find his now deformed anatomy attracting the amorous attention of many of his team mates.

It is any wonder that the hero, indeed super idol of Geelong, injured and now disheveled and leaving the shower with tattered shorts, a stretched athletic support, looking more like a mankini, and a shattered look in his eye could even front up for season 2021.

So when critics want to have a piece of this Geelong Goliath, indeed Demi God, for having more clangers than possessions, and contributing to more than half of the opposition score line, marvel first that he was even able to take the field at all.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users