Paddy Dangerdive | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paddy Dangerdive

"It has become obvious that the framework in which the MRO works relating to dangerous tackles requires strengthening," AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan said in June.

"We want to be clear: protection of the head is our highest priority and we want all players at all levels and age groups to better understand that these tackles shouldn't be part of our game.

Regardless of that spineless MRO result, I cannot wait till this guy plays us again at the G with a packed tiger army.

He's gonna get a brutal reminder of his 'legacy'

He will cop some venom.

Reactions: 6 users
No joke: corruption

I have never emailed the AFL but I reckon I am about to now and the club too as we need to protest this, behind closed doors is fine, but this can only be described as corruption.

DS
Hope that when we play them next year the players remember what he did.

Reactions: 1 users
Dusty 3 premierships from 3 grand finals with 3 Normies for BOG each time.

Dangerflog still struttin around with his chest puffed out n arse cheeks ferociously clenched phhhhhht LOL. Not surprised he got off for the elbow, split second reaction to incoming while punching the ball clear n none of the players remonstrated even for a moment. Still pissed off at the maggots though as even if accidental it was still bloody high contact n should always have been paid as a free kick.

Reactions: 4 users
That was disgusting to watch. Just put your head over the ball and do something Danger. It's not like he isn't capable, he just chose to dive at every possible opportunity.

When he went into the middle in the 4th he took it to another level. Disappointed in him big time.

Well there's a new rule for 2021. Elbows to the head are all good. Fyfe, Dangerfield and all the other snipers getting protection.

• Angry
I know I said somewhere on these forums yesterday, watch him get off.

And today, Christian can GAGF.

• Angry
Cats seem to have a pretty good record with the MRO elbowing guys in the head. Ablett, Hawkins, Dangerfield. They must practice this at training to make it look like an accident or part of the play

Lynch would've copped half a season for that. Opens the door to unusual techniques for taking players out.

Suspect it might've been different if Richmond players had run from everywhere to remonstrate, but we were on our best behaviour once again.

Reactions: 2 users
‘not unreasonable in the circumstances’

if I do that in the street I’m up for assault( if I was to defend myself ). An elbow ‘ is more damaging /dangerous than a fist’.

Lynch would've copped half a season for that. Opens the door to unusual techniques for taking players out.

Suspect it might've been different if Richmond players had run from everywhere to remonstrate, but we were on our best behaviour once again.
They had every right if they did that.

He tapped the ball, the arm was extended, sees Vlas coming and bends the arm, keeps the elbow raised. He knew what he was doing.

• Angry
Reactions: 14 users
Should've copped a fine for staging in the last quarter, he went down like he was shot in a contest with Broady.
Was that the one where there'd been zero contact? My wife was watching and asked what was that. I just answered dangerflop. It was embarrassing and needs to be highlighted alongside the halftime preliminary flop with a "please explain" to the AFL and media.

• Angry
He tapped the ball, the arm was extended, sees Vlas coming and bends the arm, keeps the elbow raised. He knew what he was doing.

Correct. Dangerfield's action was intentional. In slow motion you can see after he hits the ball he bends his arm and aims the elbow at Vlastin's head. Even *smile* looks at Vlastin, his target a nano second before impact.

A low act on a footy field if ever there was one.

Dangerfield's football prowess does not display the pre requisite abilities for the label of champion IMO.

He simply goes missing when the game was there to be won in the 3rd quarter (hid in the forward line after a talk with coach Scott).

He is a great footballer against inferior opposition, but against true elite footballers he is a B grader. Dusty proved this last night when he kicked his amazing 4th goal from the boundary line after running rings around Dangerfield.

End of rant. Totally peeved at the MRO decision.....

Reactions: 2 users