Palestine and Israel | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Palestine and Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are big cracks appearing in the US support of Israel. Apart from anything else it is a political calculation for Biden as many younger Americans in particular are very concerned with it.

48,000 voters in the Wisconsin Democratic Primary turned out in crappy cold weather to register their abstention as a protest against the Biden government's unstinting support for Israel. Wisconsin is a swing state with a population of 5.8 million, it was very close last time and will be important in the election, Michigan probably more so and it has a large middle eastern community.

The politics in the US are shifting and the major parties are going to have to react.

I reckon Biden will be looking for a cease fire in Gaza which he can claim credit for before November, and if that means manipulating a change of government in Israel then they will be quite willing to go down that road.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
Interesting times given the strength of the Israel lobby in the States and supporting Israel unconditionally had been an article of faith for both parties in US politics for 80 years.

48,000 voters in the Wisconsin Democratic Primary turned out in crappy cold weather to register their abstention as a protest against the Biden government's unstinting support for Israel. Wisconsin is a swing state with a population of 5.8 million, it was very close last time and will be important in the election, Michigan probably more so and it has a large middle eastern community.

The politics in the US are shifting and the major parties are going to have to react.

I reckon Biden will be looking for a cease fire in Gaza which he can claim credit for before November, and if that means manipulating a change of government in Israel then they will be quite willing to go down that road.

DS
He better pull something out quickly because so many Dem voters are dissolusioned with his pissweak dealings with Israel and it could be the difference in many marginal states that costs him the Presidency. A lot of young Dem voters especially, won’t turn up.

And now of course, Israel’s belligerent actions are dragging the USA into the conflict with US bases and assets on red alert for an Iranian response to Israel’s bombing of Damascus.

Israel is utterly out of control, and besides all the innocent people in Gaza paying the price, the rest of the world including the USA is going to start paying too - in more ways than one.

Step up Biden ffs.

Reactions: 2 users
He better pull something out quickly because so many Dem voters are dissolusioned with his pissweak dealings with Israel and it could be the difference in many marginal states that costs him the Presidency. A lot of young Dem voters especially, won’t turn up.

And now of course, Israel’s belligerent actions are dragging the USA into the conflict with US bases and assets on red alert for an Iranian response to Israel’s bombing of Damascus.

Israel is utterly out of control, and besides all the innocent people in Gaza paying the price, the rest of the world including the USA is going to start paying too - in more ways than one.

Step up Biden ffs.
OH yeah! Netanyahu and his cronies have completely lost the plot! I mean, what could possibly make you think attacking Iran was a good idea?

There are potentially 30 Christian Zionists for every Jewish Zionist, all of them wanting to bring on Armageddon so the Messiah can return and begin his 1000-year reign. Someone needs to deep-fake Jesus and lure all these psychos into a pit that we fill in with boiling tar.

• Love
OH yeah! Netanyahu and his cronies have completely lost the plot! I mean, what could possibly make you think attacking Iran was a good idea?
He wants to bring on the end times so he can be salvationed before he dies and goes to hell where he belongs.

Reactions: 1 user

Step up Biden ffs.
Step up Biden? He's a war criminal who has aided genocide and deserves to stand blind folded in front of a firing squad with his mate Bibi.

Yep. America, the UK, Germany are happy to make money from the immense suffering of the Palestinian people. I believe Australia also has a military deal with the nutters in Israel.

Bloody disgraceful!

I only hope the woman at the ICJ does start the investigation into the aiding of genocide by everyone who, well, is.

An outline of those breaking International Law from the UN - https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-releases/2024/02/arms-exports-israel-must-stop-immediately-un-experts

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe they need to scrutinise who supplies weapons to Hamas, Hisbollah, Isis, Islamic Brotherhood as well.
They don’t get weapons, rockets, drones and other munitions from the op shop

I thought the UN had access to allow aid supply trucks through Egypt’s Rafah crossing.
Why do they need to airdrop aid? Has Egypt closed off the access to bring aid in? If so why?

With all the people starving and Israel reportedly slowing aid into northern Gaza. Why can’t more aid go through the Egyptian side? Its closer to where the Gazans are, so that would speed up the distribution t9 where it’s needed most.

Israel occupies the Gaza side of the border and is deliberately slowing aid going in.

It would be good if Egypt seized control of that border crossing but they won't.

DS

Status
Not open for further replies.