Palestine and Israel | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Palestine and Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were hit by direct missile fire mate. Not shrapnel. Not in a cross-fire. Direct missile hit.

But hey... Netanyahu has apologised so, you know, it's all good now.

What is Albo and Wong going to do about this? I'm guessing absolutely nothing of any substance, but, we'll see...
They are saying “mistaken identity” now.

They can’t control their troops and probably don’t want to.

They can’t control their troops and probably don’t want to.

I read an article that I think was from the aid group.

It said that the 'convoy' they were in had been fired at twice before the fatal missile attack, that was three rounds of 'mistaken identity'. Change that... Three separate cars where hit at the same time in three different locations. Yep, totally a mistake.

Seriously, and we're supposed to swallow that *smile*?

Shameful!

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 1 users
I read an article that I think was from the aid group.

It said that the 'convoy' they were in had been fired at twice before the fatal missile attack, that was three rounds of 'mistaken identity'. Change that... Three separate cars where hit at the same time in three different locations. Yep, totally a mistake.

Seriously, and we're supposed to swallow that *smile*?

Shameful!
One thing I will say about the state of Israel is that they have an incredibly good propaganda team.

Reactions: 1 user
A clearly marked vehicle.

The agency had been liaising with the IDF and the IDF knew where the aid convoy was, what vehicles they would be in and where they were going.

Yet the vehicles get hit, and they were direct hits, clearly those vehicles were targetted.

There really are very few options to explain this:
Deliberate.
Incompetence.
Don't care.

Choose one or even a couple of the above, but none are reasonable excuses.

Deliberate and don't care are self evident. Incompetent means the IDF should not be anywhere near a war zone.

DS

A clearly marked vehicle.

The agency had been liaising with the IDF and the IDF knew where the aid convoy was, what vehicles they would be in and where they were going.

Yet the vehicles get hit, and they were direct hits, clearly those vehicles were targetted.

There really are very few options to explain this:
Deliberate.
Incompetence.
Don't care.

Choose one or even a couple of the above, but none are reasonable excuses.

Deliberate and don't care are self evident. Incompetent means the IDF should not be anywhere near a war zone.

DS
I can’t find the exact article but I have read something in the last few weeks in Haaretz, which is the Israeli news site that the Israeli government hates. The article quoted an anonymous source in the IDF who basically said that some of the Israeli forces were being led by zealots who were just doing whatever they wanted.
Of course there is no way to verify that but when you see stuff like this happening it adds weight to it.

I can’t find the exact article but I have read something in the last few weeks in Haaretz, which is the Israeli news site that the Israeli government hates. The article quoted an anonymous source in the IDF who basically said that some of the Israeli forces were being led by zealots who were just doing whatever they wanted.
Of course there is no way to verify that but when you see stuff like this happening it adds weight to it.
That there appear to be no consequences for those who do such things, only leads one to presume that there is permissions given, even if tacit ones, from higher up the chain.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh well what are you gonna do? What's tiny insignificant Albo gonna do? He knows which side his bread is buttered so he'll just STFU like the rest of them. These aid workers and tens of thousand innocent children have been murdered with the direct and indirect supply of arms and support Albo and his like have given them. Albos standing and position is more important than these lives. Where's the condemnation and sanctions on this murderous terrorist Israeli state? Wheres the NATO intervention and bombing campaign to stop genocide like they did in Yugoslavia? It's a farce just like our "leaders". There is no world order or international norms. The West and it's support for the Israeli terrorists have spat in the face of anyone who believed in humanity.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Oh well what are you gonna do? What's tiny insignificant Albo gonna do? He knows which side his bread is buttered so he'll just STFU like the rest of them. These aid workers and tens of thousand innocent children have been murdered with the direct and indirect supply of arms and support Albo and his like have given them. Where's the condemnation and sanctions on this murderous terrorist Israeli state? It's a farce just like our "leaders".
100%

Hopefully it is a tipping point that can't be overlooked, but I doubt it.

In a case of mistaken identity, they put a bullet through his heart.
Damn, wonder where this old fart's heard those words before?
World keeps getting fuller n busier and supposedly smarter n better in pretty much all aspects, but somehow nothing ever seems to change.

Deliberately targetted, it is the only conclusion you can come to with what we know, here's the opinion of some who know a bit about this:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04...trike-visual-analysis-photos-israel/103662942

They coordinated with the IDF.

They were in a zone controlled by the IDF.

"Everything about this indicates that these vehicles were struck deliberately."

They didn't randomly hit one vehicle with a stray shot.

The Israelis hit 3 aid vehicles, one after the other, with 3 precision munitions.

This was no accident.

We add these 7 aid workers, trying to get food to starving Palestinians, to the already killed 190 aid workers and the 32,000 Palestinians already killed.

When will Israel be held to account? They clearly believe they will not be held to account and everything points to Israel not being held to account for this and other killings they have perpetrated. Why would they stop? The US still send them weapons, including massive 2000lb bombs which flatten a whole block of apartments and have no precision. So, why would they stop?

DS

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

At the very least it does make it harder for the government to continue unstinting support for Israel, but, the salient point is that one of "our own" does get more attention.

We'll see if it makes any difference.

The arrogance and hubris shown by Netanyahu should also prompt a response, what a horrible human being he is.

DS

At the very least it does make it harder for the government to continue unstinting support for Israel, but, the salient point is that one of "our own" does get more attention.

We'll see if it makes any difference.

The arrogance and hubris shown by Netanyahu should also prompt a response, what a horrible human being he is.

DS
There are big cracks appearing in the US support of Israel. Apart from anything else it is a political calculation for Biden as many younger Americans in particular are very concerned with it.

There are big cracks appearing in the US support of Israel. Apart from anything else it is a political calculation for Biden as many younger Americans in particular are very concerned with it.
The thing with this is that it has been American policy for as long ago as they were bought by the Israel Lobby.

Trump would have been happy to take their cash just as Clinton, Bush and now Biden are.

Massive weakness in so many (all?) 'democracies'

Deliberately targetted, it is the only conclusion you can come to with what we know, here's the opinion of some who know a bit about this:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04...trike-visual-analysis-photos-israel/103662942

They coordinated with the IDF.

They were in a zone controlled by the IDF.

They didn't randomly hit one vehicle with a stray shot.

The Israelis hit 3 aid vehicles, one after the other, with 3 precision munitions.

This was no accident.

We add these 7 aid workers, trying to get food to starving Palestinians, to the already killed 190 aid workers and the 32,000 Palestinians already killed.

When will Israel be held to account? They clearly believe they will not be held to account and everything points to Israel not being held to account for this and other killings they have perpetrated. Why would they stop? The US still send them weapons, including massive 2000lb bombs which flatten a whole block of apartments and have no precision. So, why would they stop?

DS
There can be no excuses for this. None.
If it’s true that these aid workers travel plans were shared with the IDF ( and I have no reason to doubt it) whoever approved this action should be held responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.