Palestine and Israel | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Palestine and Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Not Good News From Israel

LidsandBling said:
Phantom said:
LidsandBling said:
until the UN stand up and be counted and make a stand israel and the US will continue to treat them with contempt by doing sh!t like this

http://yalibnan.com/site/archives/2006/07/israel_shells_2.php

israel you make me sick.

You may have changed your alias but your hatred still identifies you.

and your egotistical short sightedness identifies you, go back to israel and check your daughter is ok

Thank you, Australia is my home.
I visited Israel for 3 weels in 1983, but have never been tempted to return. I have also visited Dubai, Jordan & Egypt, beautiful places too.
But I empathise with the Israeli people, as I do for innocent Palestinians, Arabs and all innocent people around the world for that matter.

Must say your hate of Israelis, and all things connected to Israel does shine through, L&B.

Phantom said:
LidsandBling said:
Phantom said:
LidsandBling said:
until the UN stand up and be counted and make a stand israel and the US will continue to treat them with contempt by doing sh!t like this

http://yalibnan.com/site/archives/2006/07/israel_shells_2.php

israel you make me sick.

You may have changed your alias but your hatred still identifies you.

and your egotistical short sightedness identifies you, go back to israel and check your daughter is ok

Thank you, Australia is my home.
I visited Israel for 3 weels in 1983, but have never been tempted to return. I have also visited Dubai, Jordan & Egypt, beautiful places too.
But I empathise with the Israeli people, as I do for innocent Palestinians, Arabs and all innocent people around the world for that matter.

Must say your hate of Israelis, and all things connected to Israel does shine through, L&B.

thats easy to say

like i can easily say, i dont dislike israel just the way they treat their neighbours. but if i come across any other way then thats fine by me because i dont really care

LidsandBling said:

Deleted

What is it?

Do you have problems with a particular people?

This is a free forum, come right out and tell us.

Phantom said:
LidsandBling said:

Deleted

What is it?

Do you have problems with a particular people?

This is a free forum, come right out and tell us.

Deleted

if you wanna know were i stand on this matter, read my previous post. its quite clear

DirtyDogTiger said:
the next big thing said:
"We are well-prepared and God willing, we are not going to welcome them with flowers."

noooo, god forbid you'd try a peaceful approach

And an invasion of Gaza by the Israelis is a peaceful approach?

A few parts of posts have been deleted because they were getting personal. It's fine to debate the issue, but play the ball, not the person.

Please keep posting guidelines in mind.

Why couldn't the Israeli's come to terms over the matter with diplomatic discussions and maybe some sort of resolution could have surfaced.

I just heard the Israeli Navy are in Lebanese waters, man, the *smile* is going to hit the fan.......................hard!

geoffryprettyboy said:
Why couldn't the Israeli's come to terms over the matter with diplomatic discussions and maybe some sort of resolution could have surfaced.

I just heard the Israeli Navy are in Lebanese waters, man, the sh!t is going to hit the fan.......................hard!

That would be fantastic mate....but it would only happen in a world with mushroom houses, goblins, and fairies.

The Hamas, and now the Lebanese Hizbollah...have started this fresh intensity, by abducting/kidnapping Israeli soldiers.
These people don't believe in words, they only have one aim...and that is to wipe Israel off the map, and to hate the USA.

Words cannot work for people like this, I'm afraid....you're dealing with fanatics who are more than happy to strap dynamite around them, and blow themselves up, just to kill a handful of Jews.
You can't negotiate with people like that.

this to me seems a deliberate ploy by sheikh nasrallah and hezbollah to exact revenge on the lebanese for ousting the syrians who hezbollah align themselves with politically. lebanese will virtually beg for their return

i think we will find that syria and iran will come to the aid of lebanon and it wouldn't surprise me if a new recruit from the east keen to flex some new found muscle lended a helping hand.

unfortunately israel have just wound the middle east clock back 20 years with their own acts of war

geoffryprettyboy said:

I just heard the Israeli Navy are in Lebanese waters, man, the sh!t is going to hit the fan.......................hard!

Good question GPB.
Who do the Israelis negotiate with?
The Gaza & Lebanon governments say that they have no control over the Hamas & Hezbollah terrorists, and remember that the current govt of Gaza is a Hamas govt.
Both the Gaza & Lebanese govts say that they are not in possession of the 3 Israeli soldiers.
So who does the Israeli govt negotiate with?

Watching the news tonight, and interviews of Israeli citizens, the gist I got was that they are now very tired of negotiating. They have been negotiating and progressively withdrawing for 25 years.
There is a Hamas govt in power in Gaza, and Hamas chooses to attack into Israel, then that is an act of war.
As I said before, you can't have your cake and eat it too.
If you seek national status then you must live as a nation.

If a boat of Australian mercenaries landed in Indonesia and killed innocent Indonesians and took a couple captive, then it would be expected that the Australian government would be held accountable.
If the Australian government did not recapture the Indonesian captives, return them, and prosecute those mercenaries with the full force of Australian law then I'm very sure that the Indonesian government would hold the Australian government and the Australian nation very responsible.

LidsandBling said:
this to me seems a deliberate ploy by sheikh nasrallah and hezbollah  to exact revenge on the lebanese for ousting the syrians who hezbollah align themselves with politically. lebanese will virtually beg for their return

i think we will find that syria and iran will come to the aid of lebanon and it wouldn't surprise me if a new recruit from the east keen to flex some new found muscle lended a helping hand.

unfortunately israel have just wound the middle east clock back 20 years with their own acts of war

But Lids mate...I don't think kidnapping soldiers, which is what started this fresh round of violence, is actually helping.
I'm sure the Israelis see THAT as an act of war...what do you call it?

Phantom said:
geoffryprettyboy said:

Good question GPB.
The Gaza & Lebanon governments say that they have no control over the Hamas & Hezbollah terrorists, and remember that the current govt of Gaza is a Hamas govt.
Both the Gaza & Lebanese govts say that they are not in possession of the 3 Israeli soldiers.

Watching the news tonight, and interviews of Israeli citizens, the gist I got was that they are now very tired of negotiating. They have been negotiating and progressively withdrawing for 25 years.
There is a Hamas govt in power in Gaza, and Hamas chooses to attack into Israel, then that is an act of war.
As I said before, you can't have your cake and eat it too.
If you seek national status then you must live as a nation.

If a boat of Australian mercenaries landed in Indonesia and killed innocent Indonesians and took a couple captive, then it would be expected that the Australian government would be held accountable.
If the Australian government did not recapture the Indonesian captives, return them, and prosecute those mercenaries with the full force of Australian law then I'm very sure that the Indonesian government would hold the Australian government and the Australian nation very responsible.

Spot on mate....thats what i was going to say next, but you beat me to it! ;)

The Hamas Government, if they can't control their citizens, or extremist groups, either have to take responsibility....or get out, as they can't do their job.

Liverpool said:
geoffryprettyboy said:

That would be fantastic mate....but it would only happen in a world with mushroom houses, goblins, and fairies.

The Hamas, and now the Lebanese Hizbollah...have started this fresh intensity, by abducting/kidnapping Israeli soldiers.
These people don't believe in words, they only have one aim...and that is to wipe Israel off the map, and to hate the USA.

Words cannot work for people like this, I'm afraid....you're dealing with fanatics who are more than happy to strap dynamite around them, and blow themselves up, just to kill a handful of Jews.

what sort of people are they mate? people that were thrown out of their homes and land and country 60 years ago and thrown into the arms of jordan, syria, egypt and lebanon and told to take care of themselves because the jews need a new home and historically they once lived here on your land?

look at world atlas from 60 years ago, now look closely at the middle east. kinda weird isn't it seeing a place called palestine. its not the world map as i know it or you know it but plenty still remember it like that.

you are right about one thing though. they are fanatics and are prepared to strap dynamite to themselves and blow themselves up. do you wanna know why they would do this? because they have had their home, land, country and see their families taken from them before their very eyes by wave after wave of israeli attacks. they have nothing left in this world and there for have nothing to lose.

i am not asking you to agree with me liverpool but just dont be so naive

One more thing, if someone was given a bit of land (with higher authority of course) and in time they spread out slowly and crept over their boundary and built houses, and continued to spread moving right out their intial treaty of land and continued to acquire land everyone would say that's unfair wouldn't that be right?  I reckon the UN are to blame just as much as the Americans who turn a blind eye to all what is happening in the gaza strip.

For gods sake, people will get sick of tired of the lying politicians and will take matters into their own hands.

We will all protect our land from invaders.

Liverpool said:
LidsandBling said:
this to me seems a deliberate ploy by sheikh nasrallah and hezbollah to exact revenge on the lebanese for ousting the syrians who hezbollah align themselves with politically. lebanese will virtually beg for their return

But Lids mate...I don't think kidnapping soldiers, which is what started this fresh round of violence, is actually helping.
I'm sure the Israelis see THAT as an act of war...what do you call it?

i dont condone terrorism or war but these guys doing the kidnapping aren't soldiers of an army. they are rebel guerillas doing their own thing. the governments of hamas and lebanon cant be held accountable for their actions.. the lebanese government has come out and condemned hezbollah but they have their own agenda

Phantom said:
geoffryprettyboy said:

Good question GPB.

i think you will find that hamas admitted to the kidnapping and began negotiations with israel by saying they wanted to do a prisoner exchange and hezbollah have said the same thing. israel wanted nothing to do with it.

dont fabricate stories to suit your arguement

LidsandBling said:
Liverpool said:
geoffryprettyboy said:

what sort of people are they mate? people that were thrown out of their homes and land and country 60 years ago and thrown into the arms of jordan, syria, egypt and lebanon and told to take care of themselves because the jews need a new home and historically they once lived here on your land?

look at world atlas from 60 years ago, now look closely at the middle east. kinda weird isn't it seeing a place called palestine. its not the world map as i know it or you know it but plenty still remember it like that.

you are right about one thing though. they are fanatics and are prepared to strap dynamite to themselves and blow themselves up. do you wanna know why they would do this? because they have had their home, land, country and see their families taken from them before their very eyes by wave after wave of israeli attacks. they have nothing left in this world and there for have nothing to lose.

i am not asking you to agree with me liverpool but just dont be so naive

But Lids, they have their own Government now....and things were starting to look up for Palestine...so using 60 years ago as an excuse to reignite things now, is a weak argument.

Not saying what happened 60 years ago was right or wrong....but I wouldn't be saying what the Israelis have done is putting the region back 20 years, but what the Hamas/Hizbollah have done has put it back 20 years, if thats the case.

I'm sure there are some Israelis and some Palestinians who will always, no matter what land either party has in their keeping, will want to destroy the other....but that still doesn't justify suicide-bombers killing random people, which in my opinion, is on the same level as al-Queda terrorists.

LidsandBling said:
i think you will find that hamas admitted to the kidnapping and began negotiations with israel by saying they wanted to do a prisoner exchange and hezbollah have said the same thing. israel wanted nothing to do with it.

dont fabricate stories to suit your arguement

This was the deal...sound fair to you? ::):

Corporal Gilad Shalit, a tank gunner, is seized by Palestinian gunmen and spirited into Gaza. Two other soldiers and two gunmen are killed in the clash. Shalit's captors demand that Israel release more than 1,000 Palestinian security prisoners. Israel refuses and launches a sweep of Gaza.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/israels-hostage-crises/2006/07/12/1152637737804.html

Good to see that you have returned to rational argument & thought L&B. We may have differing opinions but we are still Australians & fellow Tiger supporters.

My family & I belong to local sporting clubs where people from all sorts of religions, races & backgrounds come as one to play together & to support each other in victory and defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.