Parody Religions (Now with TCOLDE) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Parody Religions (Now with TCOLDE)

Which musicians do u think had that messianic thing going?

I nominate Jim Morrison as number 1 in that regard and they even photographed him crucifix style.

Who else comes to mind? Kurt Cobain I guess, and Jagger as the Devil was convincing in the opposite way. >:D

Bob dylan and Cat Stevens have claims.

The other 2 Jimmys, Page and Hendrix.

Pink flloyd as well.They did good work in messianic terms.

I'd probably throw Neil Young into the mire, at least in his early Harvest days. Having said that, he's the only artist I've ever walked out on in my entire life during a concert because he was so crap. :'(

Yes Iggy and Lou Reed were deconstructionists.Dark Lords.They too have their purpose. 8)

Stripes said:
I'd probably throw Neil Young into the mire, at least in his early Harvest days. Having said that, he's the only artist I've ever walked out on in my entire life during a concert because he was so crap. :'(

You didn't see the Chilli Peppers at Laver Park then. If ever a group didn't want to be there and phoned it in it was that night. The made the pre-game of the Poor look good.

On the musical messiah thing, need to look at what a messiah is. All knowing being who is here to make us see the truth. How can you go past Madonna?

Tiger74 said:
On the musical messiah thing, need to look at what a messiah is. All knowing being who is here to make us see the truth. How can you go past Madonna?
Our religion has its first heretic.

Burn him!

she does get into the iconic stuff a bit. yep, i have her in the rock and roll messiahs' club.

Tiger attack.She is a false prophet.

Why hath thou forsaken me! :(

Maybe not God,but a worthy prophet

Welcome back brother.forgiveness is divine. :angel:

From an ossie perspective, I'd match your american's with our own Nick Cave. Then perhaps chuck in Tex Perkins as a bit of a disciple

evo said:
Tiger74 said:
Our religion has its first heretic.

Burn him!

:cutelaugh I actually hate the woman, but my sister worshipped her.

From an Aussie point of view, there are only two.....

For those of sweetness and light - Guy Sebastian (brought more people to God in this country than Jesus)

For those of the darkside of the force - Barnesy (true Barnsey fans still fork out hard earned to listen to this guy, and hang on every drunken word. Does he preach, no, but his minions would follow him through the gates of Hell :D)