Peggy O'Neal on ABC Q&A tonight | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Peggy O'Neal on ABC Q&A tonight

K3 said:
I haven't seen the picture at all but have read about it.

My one question is... Can you see her face?

Not in the picture I saw...nor can you see her nipples. There's a fair chance some people would know who she is though if they know the player whose medal it was and who he was with. I'd be offended if that happened to me without my permission.

Re: Who took the photo ?

ToraToraTora said:
Rowdy you KNOW it's the NIPPLE, right! Boobs don't matter it's the NIP that gets panties bunched up. sh!t there's women roaming around topless in free the nipple protests now! But if you don't want your nips out there, you have a right to be upset if they've been distributed without your consent.

My wife and I could both walk topless down the beach and she gets tasered and locked up while I can go free for ice cream. I blame religion. And Sheep. People who are sheep!

Indecent exposure in a public place? Did she have the owner's consent to use the medal in this way?

nitrotiger said:
Agree Rosy3. Its still all a bit vague to me which in my opinion means it doesnt stack up. One message that is going out loud and very crystal clear to the AFL players is that you have to be ultra aware and think 10 times before getting into this position. Maybe that this will be good in the long term. I just hope that whatever the outcome that the player is made a sacrificial lamb over what is nothing more than a clumsy and a silly error in judgement

Respect isn't really a 'clumsy and silly' issue IMO nitro. It is possible to have fun and be loose and silly in private without compromising the privacy of the other person. Not saying that is what happened because we just don't know. But the principle of respecting people's privacy in an age where you can obliterate that privacy in a millisecond is not trivial in my opinion.

And there I was, enjoying the glow of the premiership aftermath and then, BANG ... something possibly/allegedly ordinary and tawdry has dragged RFC down into the muck. I am going to keep watching the replay for the time-being and pretend that it's still the last Saturday in September.
In the meantime, the investigations underway will take their courses.

We need more sheep who have electric dreams ... or is that electric sheep who have dreams ... maybe then the world would be a better place.

jb03 said:
Seems odd to pose for a photo, with the face deliberately not included, then wish for it to be deleted immediately.
I'd be sure the investigators would have asked that question 100 different ways

Peggy and Benny and Dimma will be very unhappy with this current saga. What should have been a long afterglow for the RFC has turned into a defensive situation.

I dont get it. Her face is not in the photo ( I have the original uncensored version ), so what is she so "distraught" about?

She is not recognizable. Sounds like a quick money grab to me.

JR8 said:
I dont get it. Her face is not in the photo ( I have the original uncensored version ), so what is she so "distraught" about?

I suspect with legal advice she has been told she has a case , and there may be compensation

JR8 said:

Would you recognise yourself in a fully nude torso shot? If that photo in which your wedding tackle featured prominently was to start appearing online, in newspapers and on their websites so that everywhere you looked you kept seeing your agats staring back at you would you feel...exposed? Would you be wondering if that fact that it was so obviously you to you then it had to be obvious to everyone else it was you? Would you be comfortable that your head wasn't in it?

KnightersRevenge said:
Would you recognise yourself in a fully nude torso shot? If that photo in which your wedding tackle featured prominently was to start appearing online, in newspapers and on their websites so that everywhere you looked you kept seeing your agats staring back at you would you feel...exposed? Would you be wondering if that fact that it was so obviously you to you then it had to be obvious to everyone else it was you? Would you be comfortable that your head wasn't in it?

If you were a stripper would you be so concerned?

I'm not saying she's not within her rights, just that the modesty angle has to be seen with a bit of perspective.

KnightersRevenge said:

It wouldnt bother me in the least. Unless I saw an opportunity to make some money, something i wouldnt do.

kiwitiger said:
I suspect with legal advice she has been told she has a case , and there may be compensation
Bottom line it will be her word against his.
Money will change hands and it will go away.
Lesson learned for all involved.
So much stupidity on the part of ALL involved.

JR8 said:

Were the nips in the original that went viral?
If so, I’d imagine that improves her pay day, right?

JR8 said:

What else. Don't we all love opportunities....

[think to self....don't get involved, don't get involved, don't ge ....ah, what the heck!]

Two threads both going strong in parallel. Any chance of a merge?

Some of the stuff talked about here is like when Bart whispers at the back of the protest line "Skinner says the teachers are going to crack any minute". But the time it gets to the front of the line the message given is
"Skinner says the teachers are going to crack any minute purple monkey dishwasher"
Edna responds angrily "Well! We'll show him! Especially for the 'purple monkey dishwasher' remark!"

So many unknowns here yet so many opinions on things we don't even know make up the story.

I think it was confirmed early that the two photos are NOT the same girl (the go tigers 'cheeky' girl). Do we know the medal girl was/is a stripper? I don't think so, do we? Whether it's largely irrelevant or not I think discussing this point and speculating about it's relevance is flame fanning. The less we contribute on it the better I reckon. For her sake, the sake of our player and the sake of our club. It even does nothing for us on this board apart from creating a pointless argument.

The fact that you can't see a face I do feel is largely irrelevant, at least to the way it potentially makes an individual feel. It could be argued that people close to her and the player DO know her identity which could be traumatic. Even it they didn't, there are reasons sexting has been made against the law. An individual has the right to be in control of explicit images of themselves. Individuals will have differing reactions to this sort of thing too. If she is indeed distraught, who are we to argue against that if, for example it wouldn't worry another person in the same way? I understand the cynicism surrounding it for sure. But we don't know the person and we don't know the details. She didn't race to the media as someone else did in another incident, so that could be a factor in the legitimacy of the issue - I don't know that though. Better to leave that alone too TBH.

The media has reported it was the player that distributed the photo. Do we even know THAT for sure?

My two cents on the whole social media / sexting thing. We talk about education, the 'forever button' when sending and laws made to try and cope with technology that accelerates much faster than laws and judgements can keep up. As an 'older' person, tech is something that is an addition to my life and I contend with it in that context. For the younger folks (I'm guessing...say early twenties and younger), it's an integral part of life (teenagers and younger it IS their life!) I personally suspect many schools and parents aren't good enough to keep up with this as a phenomenon (at least I'm certainly not). This isn't to excuse a player for sharing this image (if that is the case), but it will be interesting to see how it is assessed and judged. I disagree with Clementine Ford that this is solely a disrespecting of women issue. There might be an element of that there, but we don't know. I've known women who have bragged at conquests, so it's not a male only thing to do. On face value it seems more a moment of idiocy at play than malicious intent. If it is indeed the player rumoured to be at the centre of it, what I've read about him includes a strong respect and love for the women in his life. I imagine he would be shattered at this. Having said that, this should have stopped him sending the photo in the first place if that's actually what happened. If so, unfortunately he'll have to wear the consequences. He's possibly due to learn a harsh lesson. But I don't think there'll be much lesson learning for the population in general about technology and privacy and me as an old geezer can only see it getting worse and greyer and greyer (like my hair).

I wonder if anyone has been to a beach in Europe ? Its hard to know where to look at times..