Peggy O'Neal on ABC Q&A tonight | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Peggy O'Neal on ABC Q&A tonight

DirtyDogTiger said:
Australia is still light years away from that.
Gay people can’t even get married.
Point 1: lets hope not..
Point 2: Not comment

DirtyDogTiger said:
Australia is still light years away from that.

Hardly. Plenty of topless activity at Bondi when I was growing up, let alone Lady Jane Bay the local nudist beach. Don't know what it's like these days.

What a farking mexia beat up ..
and do start me on little Johnny farkwit Ralph..

rosy3 said:
No. Was it on mainstream media?

Social media from what I can gather ,

Twitter , FB etc and then being sent from phone to phone

She could of course make money a different way.
Make use of all this free publicity and print and sell a HQ image officially.
Plenty of mancaves out there.
Her puppies are already out and would look spectacular next to 6pack of Richmond Draught.

Such a beat up is this. A stripper's nipple was bared. Maybe she's upset her face wasn't shown. That would have drummed up good business. Just so over this PC society these days.

Isotopes said:
She could of course make money a different way.
Make use of all this free publicity and print and sell a HQ image officially.
Plenty of mancaves out there.
Her puppies are already out and would look spectacular next to 6pack of Richmond Draught.

Don't forget to pay royalties due to the photographer.

Azza said:
If you were a stripper would you be so concerned?

I'm not saying she's not within her rights, just that the modesty angle has to be seen with a bit of perspective.

Nope. Perspective is not relevant. Her profession is not relevant. This is not complicated. Only consent matters If you don't understand how it works. Learn.

KnightersRevenge said:
Nope. Perspective is not relevant. Her profession is not relevant. This is not complicated. Only consent matters If you don't understand how it works. Learn.

Yeah I reckon it is relevant. None of my friends would have flashed their tits around and therefore wouldn't have risked the potential for this situation to occur. If you are concerned about pictures of your tits, don't consent to let someone take photos with their mobile phone. It is then out of your control. Take responsibility for your own actions. Of course she is not solely to blame, the player should not have spread the photo, but seriously why does she think he would take the photo, to get off on it? She has significantly contributed to this and one finds it hard to believe a stripper has suddenly become modest about her tits. The media beat up of this is just way over the top. No-one would have been the wiser about the identity of the person in this picture (which shows no face) if she didn't decide to involve the media. You have to wonder who is giving her advice. This is the problem with today's society, all blame and no responsibility.

tigerlove said:
Yeah I reckon it is relevant. None of my friends would have flashed their tits around and therefore wouldn't have risked the potential for this situation to occur. If you are concerned about pictures of your tits, don't consent to let someone take photos with their mobile phone. It is then out of your control. Take responsibility for your own actions. Of course she is not solely to blame, the player should not have spread the photo, but seriously why does she think he would take the photo, to get off on it? She has significantly contributed to this and one finds it hard to believe a stripper has suddenly become modest about her tits. The media beat up of this is just way over the top. No-one would have been the wiser about the identity of the person in this picture (which shows no face) if she didn't decide to involve the media. You have to wonder who is giving her advice. This is the problem with today's society, all blame and no responsibility.

Agreed

tigerlove said:

Still judging her based on her profession which is not relevant. SHe made a poor choice. Haven't we all. But I can't understand how hard it is for people to wrap their heads around consent. Again, we really don't know if the player did in fact do anything wrong here but the only thing that matters is whether she consented to it. This one is black and white. Consent isn't implied. My analogy on another board dealing with this story was of a smash-up derby driver. If I know a bloke who drives smash-up derbys for a living is it okay for me to beat the suitcase out of car without his consent if he said I could drive it? He does it for a quid so he shouldn't get upset should he? His consent for one does not mean the other is implied, does it?

Giardiasis said:
Who has to prove consent or lack thereof KR? Seems a difficult thing to do.

I imagine next to impossible Gia. Hence the difficulty in getting rape convictions. But that isn't the point. So many people posting that somehow her right to any protection by consent is diminished by her occupation. I find that repugnant.

KnightersRevenge said:
I imagine next to impossible Gia. Hence the difficulty in getting rape convictions. But that isn't the point. So many people posting that somehow her right to any protection by consent is diminished by her occupation. I find that repugnant.
I took it more as arguments around the question of proving consent. It appears more likely to me that say a girlfriend of 5 years who saves babies for a job would be telling the truth than a stripper that met the player that night. Surely character reference and the circumstances of the photo are relevant in this regard?

Giardiasis said:
I took it more as arguments around the question of proving consent. It appears more likely to me that say a girlfriend of 5 years who saves babies for a job would be telling the truth than a stripper that met the player that night. Surely character reference and the circumstances of the photo are relevant in this regard?

And you prove my point for me. You are basing a judgement about her character on her occupation. A nuns is more trustworthy than a stripper. Except there are bodies being dug up around 'mother and baby' homes here in Ireland that were run by nuns. So the fact that 'it is alleged' she is a stripper tells you absolutely nothing about her trustworthiness. What actual facts have been brought to bear in relation to her character? She is entitled to just as much privacy as anyone. I have no idea if she did ask for privacy to be preserved by the player in question. But if she did, she is entitled to it and her profession is irrelevant. Her previous promiscuity, if it exists, is irrelevant. On this occasion Gia it is me who sees it as black and white. Her consent is always required. Always.