Phantom Draft 2016 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Phantom Draft 2016

Pick 35 North Melbourne - Josh Battle| Fwd |Dandenong Stingrays| 192cm, 89kg

Clearly best available at this point in my opinion. Had to take him.

Pick 36 North Melbourne - Jonty Scharenberg | Mid | Glenelg | 183cm, 81kg

Safe pick. Midfielder with a high floor to round out North's last pick until we get into late late part of the draft...

I'll do more of a write up later....

With an ageing midfield we are extremely excited to add the following home grown talent onto our list -

Pick 37 - W.C.E. - Zac Fisher

Inside Midfielder | Perth/Western Australia
5/06/98 | 175cm | 61kg

Zac Fisher’s standout trait is his speed. Fisher over short distances is electric and often leaves other midfielders in the dust. This gives him an ability to burst from stoppages and create offense for his team.

Fisher also has an uncanny ability to link up down the ground. He is a true metres gained man as he will take the footy and carry it forward often get chain possessions in the process. His ability to take the game on with speed in the centre is unmatched by most midfielders and makes him extremely damaging going forward.

His quick hands make him extremely damaging in congestion. His hands in traffic are elite and he often gets his outside midfielders into the game with his quick hands. This ability to get the ball then quickly dish it off make him extremely proficient as a midfielder for his team as he does not try to do too much with the footy.

Fisher’s ability to win clearances is an underrated skill for the small midfielder. Fisher is not your classic clearance midfielder as he doesn’t have missive size like other clearance midfielders this year. He will win clearances by getting on the move in stoppages, taking the ball with pace then feeds it off to his outside midfielders. He then often follows up his work getting chain possession which make his clearances worth more than the average midfielders

King Kong said:
Another big spud

Don't be surprised if we bid in Kobe Mutch (GWS academy) and they don't match the bid as a thanks for Lids.

FistFullOfDollars said:
I think Mutch would be a bit of a reach at 27. I was kind of hoping we'd bid for Scheer and the Suns wouldn't match to balance out the prestia trade more.

In saying that, I now see a fair few rate Mutch as a top 30 selection so who am I to judge?

Smoking Aces said:
With an ageing midfield we are extremely excited to add the following home grown talent onto our list -

Pick 37 - W.C.E. - Zac Fisher

Inside Midfielder | Perth/Western Australia
5/06/98 | 175cm | 61kg

Zac Fisher’s standout trait is his speed. Fisher over short distances is electric and often leaves other midfielders in the dust. This gives him an ability to burst from stoppages and create offense for his team.

Fisher also has an uncanny ability to link up down the ground. He is a true metres gained man as he will take the footy and carry it forward often get chain possessions in the process. His ability to take the game on with speed in the centre is unmatched by most midfielders and makes him extremely damaging going forward.

His quick hands make him extremely damaging in congestion. His hands in traffic are elite and he often gets his outside midfielders into the game with his quick hands. This ability to get the ball then quickly dish it off make him extremely proficient as a midfielder for his team as he does not try to do too much with the footy.

Fisher’s ability to win clearances is an underrated skill for the small midfielder. Fisher is not your classic clearance midfielder as he doesn’t have missive size like other clearance midfielders this year. He will win clearances by getting on the move in stoppages, taking the ball with pace then feeds it off to his outside midfielders. He then often follows up his work getting chain possession which make his clearances worth more than the average midfielders

Fisher has weighed in at 70kg, this pushes him into second round contention.

FistFullOfDollars said:
In saying that, I now see a fair few rate Mutch as a top 30 selection so who am I to judge?

Mutch is a very capable player. Could well get bid on a fair bit earlier than our pick. We have seen a bit of him this year and keen from what I understand. GWS likely to only match bids for Setterfield and Perryman.

GWS Will be matching the bid for Kobe Mutch

Team: Bendigo Pioneers
Height: 187 Weight: 84
DOB: 18/3/98

Kobe is a ball magnet he knows how to win the footy he stamped himself as one of the most improved players this year with a consistent display where he averaged 25 disposals he will add to our Midfield

Welcome Kobe to The Giants

GWS Will be matching the bid for Zach Sproule

Team: Murray Bushrangers
Height: 198
Weight: 87
DOB: 12/5/98

At 198 Zac is a talented key position player with the ability to play both forward and back

What I'm learning from this points caper is that GWS have a system whereby they generate points merely by using multiple picks on one player. As a rough guess I'd say an extra 300 points have been generated in a positive feedback loop. For example, Perryman required 3 picks but in doing so, all of GWS's other picks edged up the order and increased their points value in the process. The academy system is just one great big farce.

bullus_hit said:
What I'm learning from this points caper is that GWS have a system whereby they generate points merely by using multiple picks on one player. As a rough guess I'd say an extra 300 points have been generated in a positive feedback loop. For example, Perryman required 3 picks but in doing so, all of GWS's other picks edged up the order and increased their points value in the process. The academy system is just one great big farce.

Its the discount. It means that they can use multiple picks and replace them with some more. When I took a look at it, they'd use multiple picks in the 50's and then get 1 back. rince repeat.

mrposhman said:
Its the discount. It means that they can use multiple picks and replace them with some more. When I took a look at it, they'd use multiple picks in the 50's and then get 1 back. rince repeat.

Yep, once you apply the flat 197 point discount it becomes an endless cycle. GWS currently have 3 selections in the top 11 (they started with 1) & 3 second rounders (they started with 2). Whoever came up with this garbage should be sacked, especially after the farce last year. And to think they were patting themselves on the back for 'closing' the loophole.

Yep.

Every time they match a bid, they jump further up the order. All they have to do is keep convincing highly rated 15 year olds that they can benefit from their Academy and that one of their parents once opened an Atlas at the page with NSW on it.

Geelong were deluding themselves thinking they were a Brett Deledio away from a premiership. Make no mistake, it's rebuilding time down at the Cattery. Bartel and Enright are gone and Mackie can't be far away. Luckily there's a bloke available here who should be able to grow into Mackie's 6'4 small role: Jordan Ridley. Better in the air than Mackie, good at ground level, versatile in being able to play back, forward or even midfield, as he has no trouble finding the ball.

Pick 43: Jordan Ridley.