Pick 12 discussion. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 12 discussion.

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
14mins for a 3km time trial?

I'm a strength and conditioning coach in football, and that is deplorable for an elite or semi elite athlete. If he wasn't injured, or tanking, then that's a huge red flag.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
OK after reading this thread i thought i would put myself to the test

i will be 52 in march and dont exercise anymore and havnt done so for over 10 years so reasonably unfit
178cm and 85kgs smoker 15 a day roughly

Decide to try this 3klm run on flat land in taylors lakes melbourne 16 mins 28 sec

So im thinking if i did this run another 5-6 times i should be able to get it down by a minute

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
turk-d-tiger said:

i will be 52 in march and dont exercise anymore and havnt done so for over 10 years so reasonably unfit

Decide to try this 3klm run on flat land in taylors lakes melbourne 16 mins 28 sec

So im thinking if i did this run another 5-6 times i should be able to get it down by a minute

Hahaha good work tdt... If nothing else after a few more times we might have converted you haha...

i do agree that 14 min for a Tac cup player hoping to be drafted is not good.. in fact awful as often the winners in these races at clubs is sub 9 or thereabouts...

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
turk-d-tiger said:

Maybe we should be running mates. :hihi

Mappa

Tiger Superstar
Jul 3, 2009
turk-d-tiger said:

Have you nominated for the draft Turk could be a shot at a rookie spot at least.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
What if Aaron Francis is on the board at 12?

Oh my? Pick 12 is a raffle...

After 6 it goes nuts.

Herr_Tiger

Tiger Superstar
May 23, 2005
Peel
MTiger said:
Kerbatieh ran a 14 min 3km time trial, very unimpressive.
He gets to us as a rookie and a mix of Ballard, Cameron and hopefully Marcus Adams &/or Cassidy? Happy days / where do I sign

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
blx said:
I'd be happy with Gresham or Oliver with a leaning towards Gresham. Adds a different element to our makeup. Oliver is too Martinesque not that that is a bad thing just would prefer another midfield tangent thats all.
i'm sure we'd all take another Dusty is a heartbeat ;)

Stylo

Tiger Champion
Oct 13, 2012
SCOOP said:

After 6 it goes nuts.

You'd have to take him, surely. Perfect Chapin upgrade in a couple of years

Tiger Ghost

Tiger Superstar
Nov 19, 2010
Your mums house
tigertime2 said:
My son when he was 14 ran a 3km cross country State final in 9.28

Is he an olympic athlete now, thats an incredible time.

Bradley Hill ran a 9.52 at the combine in his draft year which was or is still the record
K Mac ran a 10.15 from memory
Blicavs the freak runs it in under 8.30!!

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Stylo said:
You'd have to take him, surely. Perfect Chapin upgrade in a couple of years

Think he is more a Goddard type tall flanker.

I don't see him holding down a key spot.

But I think he will be absolute gun, could be the best player in this draft in five years.

Stylo

Tiger Champion
Oct 13, 2012
SCOOP said:
Think he is more a Goddard type tall flanker.

I don't see him holding down a key spot.

But I think he will be absolute gun, could be the best player in this draft in five years.

Oh yeah I mean more as the general. I see Chappy as more a Nick Maxwell type than a true KPD.

Would be a dream of he slid.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
SCOOP said:

After 6 it goes nuts.

Quite possibly my favourite player from the draft, brilliant reader of the play and one of the best intercept marks I have seen at u/18 level. As to why he is not considered a top 3-4 player is beyond me, perhaps it's that fact his tank needs some work. At a bare minimum he becomes a damaging third tall and at best he becomes the tall midfielder that everyone is screaming out for. His time in the middle at the carnival was very impressive for someone who has spent most of his days in defence, and whilst his coaches seem to think he'll require a few preseasons to build up the endurance I believe he is perfectly capable of making the transition.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
From the article on the RFC site looks like best available (who we consider best) and then if they are gone small forward.

pumped

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 14, 2014
Progress = they used to make fun of us for finishing ninth, now for having pick 12.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Wouldn't be unhappy to take Ah Chee or Gresham; both highly-skilled, talented SFs/mids but I still think it's being overlooked how we have tried to meet this deficiency with all the talent we took last year; the likes of Butler, Short, Lambert etc. If some of these guys come on, as expected, don't want too many little guys on the list as basically, they have to be damn good to succeed without size.
So for me, take the best talent available. Would love to grab Francis if he's left there as think a potential key/intercept back is a dawning need at RFC with Chaplin reaching his use-by. Plus the juries out on Astbury for any pace left, and whether Elton can ever make it.
If Burton is ignored, absolutely would be delighted to take him - as long as his medical is not fraught with danger.