Pick 12 Poll | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 12 Poll

who would YOU take at 12, assuming all are available

• Blake Acres and acres

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Christian Salems lot

Votes: 39 36.8%
  • Lewis Taylor made

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • Ben 'John' Lennon

Votes: 38 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 6.6%

• Total voters

tigergollywog

Non-Hierarchical Boss Cocky
Feb 4, 2006
Well, I usually wait till after the Cup for this one, but the Cup isnt capturing my imagination this year. Maybe its because I havnt backed a winner all spring?

Ive been over the threads and profiles and clip by people who know what they are talking about.

It seems too me, well take one of these blokes.

What do you reckon? Who would YOU take, assuming all are on board at 12.

me? I'll have Salem.

Salem, and if he's not there I like the sound of Lewis Taylor. I don't reckon he'll be FJ's second favourite though.

Salem is the one on the radar and he was spoken about in circles for us early in the year.

If he's not available don't know who FJ might spring on us but for some reason I don't think Lewis is on our radar.

From my limited knowledge Taylor. We have the nucleus of the on-ballers with Martin, Deledio, Cotchin, Foley and then Ellis, Vlastuin and the rest. Still lacking a small forward goal kicker which Taylor apparently is and probably later able to play midefield.

Salem for me and then i reckon Acres will be next in line.

The only knock on Salem has to be his upside, no doubt he will be a very very good footballer but the question needs to be asked is there enough development left to become a genuine star?
Similar questions were raised about Flossy last year and he's tracking perfectly and i think with the right development Salem can and will travel a similar path

I don't think Salem will be there so I have no problems with Acres. Just a talented and versatile player.

GEDS1 said:
If he's not available don't know who FJ might spring on us but for some reason I don't think Lewis is on our radar.

That was my initial hunch but then it occurred to me that we were well into Nathan Hrovat last year, in fact I believe he was our second preference in the event Flossy was unavailable. For this reason I wouldn't discount Louie Taylor, he's a much better player than Hrovat IMO.

bullus_hit said:
in fact I believe he was our second preference in the event Flossy was unavailable. For this reason I wouldn't discount Louie Taylor, he's a much better player than Hrovat IMO.

If that is the case then I won't rule out Taylor just yet.

bullus_hit said:
That was my initial hunch but then it occurred to me that we were well into Nathan Hrovat last year, in fact I believe he was our second preference in the event Flossy was unavailable. For this reason I wouldn't discount Louie Taylor, he's a much better player than Hrovat IMO.
I thought we would have picked Troy Menzel?

Just check the RFC website a week before the draft and you will find our candidates profile.

Giardiasis said:
I thought we would have picked Troy Menzel?

I thought we acknowledged his talent but were ultimately concerned about his knees.

Giardiasis said:
Ah, fair enough. What are your thoughts on dunstan?

Good player, loved his work at the carnival and think he's a worthy first rounder. My only concern is that he's not dual-sided, hence I have others ahead of him.