Zak Jones | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Zak Jones

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
It's all over Boof Footy and Tristian Fondlander has us taking him at...12. Let the meltdown commence!!!!

He has Salem at 16 despite him being Richmond AND Carlton's preferred option for their pick. :rofl

ToraToraTora said:
It's all over Boof Footy and Tristian Fondlander has us taking him at...12. Let the meltdown commence!!!!

Surely you must respect BF despite the name calling considering you thought it worthy of posting here.

Is Foenander just doing a Phantom draft? I wouldn't read anything into it in the slightest as it's probably just his opinion, but that might be just me.

Makes sense as he is the closest player in style to Vlaustin in this draft. Dimma may have just ordered another Flossy from the menu and that is Jones.

Personally I would take Salem, Lennon or Hartung before him but thats just my opinion. On the other hand I would have Jones before all of Freeman, Acres, Crouch and Taylor who are others in the 10-20 bracket so he is around that mark

I personally, will wait until I see his profile up on the RFC website a week before the draft before reserving judgement.

rosy23 said:
Surely you must respect BF despite the name calling considering you thought it worthy of posting here.

I am trying to read into my post whatever you did and I can only say well done.

*don’t know which thread to put this in*

Jones seems like a very solid citizen, if slightly undynamic. But is he too similar to the last few solid citizens we have drafted? How many earnest, one paced, sauce heads are we planning to play across our half back line?

Col.W.Kurtz said:
How many earnest, one paced, sauce heads are we planning to play across our half back line?

learnt my lesson on judging earnest, one paced sauce heads harshly, after Vlastuin. I'd take a half dozen. My preference is still Lennon, but after ZJ's tac coach described him as "a maniac ..... genuinely a bit nuts", I'll be rapt with him too. I noticed he has a head like bungaree spud, but couldnt discern the ranga-ness or otherwise, from the profiles. If so, all the better.

Col.W.Kurtz said:

Jones seems like a very solid citizen, if slightly undynamic. But is he too similar to the last few solid citizens we have drafted? How many earnest, one paced, sauce heads are we planning to play across our half back line?

Jones isn't one-paced, he has plenty of toe ILHO.

Agree Leysy, just checked out his vids, seems to have plenty of pace when he needs it. Also seems composed, tough and uses it well. Albeit I have only seen him in his clips, but one thing I noticed is sometimes he goes out of his way to get back onto his preferred foot, and didn't seem to have a left at all. Is he duel sided? Maybe peeps who have seen more can elaborate please.

snaps truly said:
Agree Leysy, just checked out his vids, seems to have plenty of pace when he needs it. Also seems composed, tough and uses it well. Albeit I have only seen him in his clips, but one thing I noticed is sometimes he goes out of his way to get back onto his preferred foot, and didn't seem to have a left at all. Is he duel sided? Maybe peeps who have seen more can elaborate please.

Interesting point. I reckon duel-sidedness is a prerequisite for first rounders, if not all picks these days. If youre not duel sided, you need to have bucket loads of some other attribute to compensate. Perhaps like being built like a brick *smile* house and having a bad case of white-line fever. There is a difference between being one-sided and making the time to be able to get on your preferred side though. I dunno which ZJ is?? someone? Hows Lennon and Salem on their np?

tigergollywog said:
Interesting point. I reckon duel-sidedness is a prerequisite for first rounders, if not all picks these days. If youre not duel sided, you need to have bucket loads of some other attribute to compensate. Perhaps like being built like a brick sh!t house and having a bad case of white-line fever. There is a difference between being one-sided and making the time to be able to get on your preferred side though. I dunno which ZJ is?? someone? Hows Lennon and Salem on their np?

Salem is a cut above those guys, Lennon is ok but don't expect 65metre hoofs on his non preferred and Jones is fairly reliant on his right boot which may catch him out to a degree.