Pick 12 Poll | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 12 Poll

who would YOU take at 12, assuming all are available

• Blake Acres and acres

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Christian Salems lot

Votes: 39 36.8%
  • Lewis Taylor made

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • Ben 'John' Lennon

Votes: 38 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 6.6%

• Total voters
Mind change No1.

Im into Blake Acres. Reel on afl.com he is 1. a very big 190 2. super good one grab overhead 3. uses the ball fantastically 4. fast with a motor 5. looks like the most versatile bloke since D White. 6. Seems to find acres of space 7. looks like a footballer.

21 sleeps, and its Acres @ 12 for me.

Those who know, will he be there? would it be a reach? Whats his projected draft range

tigergollywog said:
Mind change No1.

Im into Blake Acres. Reel on afl.com he is 1. a very big 190 2. super good one grab overhead 3. uses the ball fantastically 4. fast with a motor 5. looks like the most versatile bloke since D White. 6. Seems to find acres of space 7. looks like a footballer.

21 sleeps, and its Acres @ 12 for me.

Those who know, will he be there? would it be a reach? Whats his projected draft range
He will be there. I don't think it's a reach. I have him at 8 on my board. I don't think he'll go top 10 but anything from 11 onwards is about right.

Acres does sound like a good pick. What position would you eventually see him playing and who is the closest current AFL player that he may be like?

Ossie said:
Acres does sound like a good pick. What position would you eventually see him playing and who is the closest current AFL player that he may be like?

The Deledio comparisons are pretty reasonable, he's not what I'd consider a contested ball winner but more a link-man who possesses some run and carry. Athletically he's very good, it's just the shoulders which need to be checked out thoroughly.

bullus_hit said:
The Deledio comparisons are pretty reasonable, he's not what I'd consider a contested ball winner but more a link-man who possesses some run and carry. Athletically he's very good, it's just the shoulders which need to be checked out thoroughly.

I'm hoping if we take him, that he evolves into a Goddard type. Certainly has the physique, and the versatility. Waiting for Goddard.

bullus_hit said:

interesting. I would have never thought lids from the highlights reel. Seems like a really big 190. interesting player.
Eat the rich said:
Waiting for Goddard.

:hihi

tigergollywog said:
interesting. I would have never thought lids from the highlights reel. Seems like a really big 190. interesting player.
:hihi

There a similar height & athletic ability, both are probably better suited to a predominantly outside role, they're both dual-sided with some hurt factor with their kicking & they both have terrific agility. Lids is obviously a high benchmark but I can see Acres following a similar path of development.

bullus_hit said:
Thanks Bully. There seems to be a big bunch of boys around our pick who have some terrific upside, but with some question marks also. Going to be an interesting few weeks!

bullus_hit said:
There a similar height & athletic ability, both are probably better suited to a predominantly outside role, they're both dual-sided with some hurt factor with their kicking & they both have terrific agility. Lids is obviously a high benchmark but I can see Acres following a similar path of development.

I got a bit of a young jon brown vibe off him from the reel. Seems to take a mean contested mark and imposes himself a bit a couple of times. Maybe he was wearing 3 " studs, but he seems to look either a whopping mid or a short KPP. I think why I'm a bit perplexed by him is he is genuinely Versatile?? What positions has he predominately played or do they swing him everywhere? In inside footy's review, they list this lad as meeting about 12 clubs needs, so I guess that reiterates his quality and versatility. He could end up a fast 192/90 who can run all day? Adam Goodes?

tigergollywog said:
I got a bit of a young jon brown vibe off him from the reel. Seems to take a mean contested mark and imposes himself a bit a couple of times. Maybe he was wearing 3 " studs, but he seems to look either a whopping mid or a short KPP. I think why I'm a bit perplexed by him is he is genuinely Versatile?? What positions has he predominately played or do they swing him everywhere? In inside footy's review, they list this lad as meeting about 12 clubs needs, so I guess that reiterates his quality and versatility. He could end up a fast 192/90 who can run all day? Adam Goodes?

he's 190cm so he's too short for a KP role, I also hope his recent shoulder surgery doesn't impede his ability to fully extend his arms, but he is certainly capable of taking a contested mark (as is Lids). I can see him starting out on a wing and then moving into the centre. I haven't seen him at Colts level so I can't give an accurate assessment of his contested ball winning ability but some who have seen him seem to think he can win his own ball but is more of a natural link-up player.

bullus_hit said:
he's 190cm so he's too short for a KP role, I also hope his recent shoulder surgery doesn't impede his ability to fully extend his arms, but he is certainly capable of taking a contested mark (as is Lids). I can see him starting out on a wing and then moving into the centre. I haven't seen him at Colts level so I can't give an accurate assessment of his contested ball winning ability but some who have seen him seem to think he can win his own ball but is more of a natural link-up player.
Spot on Bullus. He can certainly win his own ball, and he likes too, but is definitely a link up player who racks up score involvements. FWIW I reckon we could do a lot worse.

mind change No. 2. Lennon for me. Check this out.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/pick-me-ben-lennon-can-make-things-happen-and-has-the-pies-lions-and-tigers-keen/story-fnelctok-1226757595829

I hope we keep chocco. Love the beard line in this story. Doesnt the fact that ben has been invited to draft mean hes top 10?

The first round all get invited im pretty sure + then its up to club to inform players, when you know you will be drafted you're probably likely to go. Salem also has been invited...