Pick 17, 20 & 25 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 17, 20 & 25

year of the tiger said:
Probably agree - if Brander had slid to pick 15 or 16 then it may have been a different debate I reckon

Higgins slid. We still could have taken Allen at 17 or 20. CCJ was never going to be going elsewhere. Balta lasted to 25.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Higgins slid. We still could have taken Allen at 17 or 20. CCJ was never going to be going elsewhere. Balta lasted to 25.

It was pure arrogance at 20. Victorians can't pour the required time in to be definitive with a bloke like CCJ unless they are sponsored to travel by a football department. We got our man. That is clear.

I’ve been asking for a while about Ben Miller. I’m happy we took him late.

So we effectively traded Deledio for cap space, CCJ and Balta.

No worries. Happy with that.

Thank you so much to all you guys that have contributed to the fascinating and well researched discussion about the draft. Post season would be a waste land without you. Big time respect to you all.

I wonder if Brander was the target at 17 or it was always a matter of who ever slide that far? Would be interesting to know how it affected our strategy and eventual picks.

Massive, massive result for the club, I'm sure Brander was the target and you could see he was not happy to be going to WA but to have Higgins around at 17 was a dream result and then to get CCJ when I thought they would take Allen was a surprise but his Champs was great and his speed, marking & athleticism stood out. Balta is a project but looks to have the upside Bully talked about so often and Miller looks like he could play anywhere so along with Naish a dream result for a Premier.

This is really Interesting

"Balta, who is best friends with No. 1 pick Cam Rayner, will be joined at Punt Rd by former Calder players Dion Prestia, Callum Moore and Brandon Ellis."

Would Brisbane like to put 2 years of development and increase his tank then hand him to us on a platter