Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

It was in Yarra Park so was close. Maybe they were just wearing any old jumper? Shai had 29 Garthwaite 44 and Graham 38, (but 38 is Morris's number), so who knows?

caesar said:
It was in Yarra Park so was close. Maybe they were just wearing any old jumper? Shai had 29 Garthwaite 44 and Graham 38, (but 38 is Morris's number), so who knows?

Morris is wearing 45 next year.
Because that's how many years he will be at the club before he gets delisted

caesar said:
Saw Shai being interviewed in Jumper #29. Our new KB :clap

No chance. The number 29 has to be exorcised and then rested to clear out all the lazy molecules.

caesar said:
Steve Morris has 38 because it was his Dad's number so I would be surprised if he changed

Funny he got Bartlett's number.

On one of his highlight videos he was getting the old 1-2 handball over the top from another player as the two of them ran down through the midfield.

Finally as he received the handball, and was being called to pass it over again, he looked at the 50m arc ahead and went 'Yeah, Na', burnt his team mate off who was probably in a better position, and ran to have the shot at goal himself. it reminded me of someone....

Ghost of Punt Road said:
Funny he got Bartlett's number.

On one of his highlight videos he was getting the old 1-2 handball over the top from another player as the two of them ran down through the midfield.

Finally as he received the handball, and was being called to pass it over again, he looked at the 50m arc ahead and went 'Yeah, Na', burnt his team mate off who was probably in a better position, and ran to have the shot at goal himself. it reminded me of someone....

Yep, noticed that too. He's hungry for the ball, and loves a shot at goal. But what I noticed even earlier was the super-long/extended stride for a relatively small man in AFL terms and his love of a running bounce.

Anyway, if he's half as good and plays half that number of games, he will be a winner.

Baloo said:
Fixed that for you.

Good one. Always keep the sponsors happy.

Thought of trying to get on the board? Need someone with the ability to attract sponsorships down there.

leon said:
Good one. Always keep the sponsors happy.

Thought of trying to get on the board? Need someone with the ability to attract sponsorships down there.

If you can arrange an appointment instead of having to go to a members vote I'm there

Apparantly there is a high go home factor with this kid, fingers crossed if he does prove to be an exciting talent he realises it at the RFC.

Was said again last night on SEN by some bloke that of all the kids coming across from WA this draft he has the highest go home factor about him.

Hopoefully he gets the support and attention around him to make him comfortable and get the best out of him.

Rioli even at his tender age, the KG Institute and X Clarke will be important here, same for young Stengle.

Kid certainly is exciting no doubt.

craig said:
Apparantly there is a high go home factor with this kid, fingers crossed if he does prove to be an exciting talent he realises it at the RFC.

Was said again last night on SEN by some bloke that of all the kids coming across from WA this draft he has the highest go home factor about him.

Hopoefully he gets the support and attention around him to make him comfortable and get the best out of him.

Rioli even at his tender age, the KG Institute and X Clarke will be important here, same for young Stengle.

Risky pick.
If he is any good the WA teams will come and if he is struggling playing in the VFL he won't see out the 2 years
cant see him being here too long

craig said:

Our record with WA recruits hasn't been too shabby, Rance , KMac & Conca (when he blew off Freo advances) haven't felt homesick. I liked the fact the club sent Rioli over to give him some emotional support. The key I believe will be onfield success, as long as we start winning their shouldn't be too many defections.